weekly IanD's 52 Week 2019 Walk Of Shame - Week 26 - Drink

Drink

Yup, that works well for the theme. A good composition too.
Even though it looks good in black and white, I think you could have gone colour and desaturated it a bit, leaving some colour in there but making it look a bit more washed out (for want of a better word).

Mmmmmcoffeeeeeeeee....

Nice take on it1

Drink

Even though it looks good in black and white, I think you could have gone colour and desaturated it a bit, leaving some colour in there but making it look a bit more washed out (for want of a better word).

How's this work Dom?

52WK2019 - Drink.b by ***tuttifrutti***, on Flickr

In colour, I think the spilt coffee stands out better. Both have their merits, but i do think you like your black and whites :)

Drink: like the concept, looks great in mono too.

Two good takes on the themes, and I think both suit b&w well.

Thanks very much Mark

Great images there Ian!(y)

Time: beautifully crisp mono, simple yet effective composition and a perfect fit for the theme.
The border suits this image well....nice vignette too.
Full: the more I look at this, the more I like it....something I can't quite put my finger on, I just think it's really good - the composition and mono treatment works very well.
On a side note, the silhouettes of the people on the label of the paint tin....what's going on there I wonder? They look like they're having a party!...is decorating that much fun? Did I miss the memo on that?:D

Thanks very much Gareth. And I can confirm that no-one in our house, silhouette or otherwise was having a party!

Time
I like the letter box crop and the black and white conversion.

Full
Another good black and white shot. I'm not a fan of decorating, so good luck with that.

Thanks Dom - i'm not a fan either. Only another 5 rooms to go

Two good shots Ian, my pick is time as it looks great in mono and yes it is a shame it`s left to go to pot as they say.

Thanks Dave. I showed the missus the pic of the building as we drive past every night and she thought it was amazing how close you can get to it with a wide angled lens

And all the better for it, suits black and white too

Thanks very much Allan. I am a creature of habit eh

Mmmmmcoffeeeeeeeee....

Nice take on it1

Thanks Dave

Drink

In colour, I think the spilt coffee stands out better. Both have their merits, but i do think you like your black and whites :)

Thanks Dom. I do like to create a lot of mono images. I think this is a good example of looking at other processing ways as I do actually think the colour one looks better and appears to bring out the slight reflection of the cup too. Cheers for egging me on :)

Great framing and composition, and the mono treatment works very well!
Nice, creative thinking too - could almost be a metaphor for our hedonistic, 'disposable' society!:giggle:
Cracking image Ian!:clap:

Thanks Gareth. Funnily enough, me and the missus walked over the road to the local MaccyD's the other night about 10.30pm. There were a bunch of lads in and around a car outside. When we came out 20 minutes later, there were huge piles of wrappers, salad, chips and all sorts over the ground. Make my blood boil sometimes but nothing will educate stupid eh!

Drink: like the concept, looks great in mono too.

Thanks very much Jim

Back