weekly Ian's 52 2016 - Week Flora

Good catch up
Effort - good strong colours won't loose you in those,
Technology - good combination items right on theme
Horizontal - I like the diagonals
Vast - both the square and the building are vast fantastic place to photograph interesting colours

Ian, as green is one of my favourite colours your vast of the Square in front of the Hermitage St Petersburg is great.
I suppose viewing the building in the flesh gives it a totally different look ?

Hi Ian

It's my first time on the forum in a long time so I'm catching up.

Effort - Nice and vibrant, hope you use them one day!
Technology - Great idea, although I'd have hidden it among the books for Where's Wally? style fun.
Horizontal - Very clever, love the intersecting angles and the 'double take' effect of the spirit level.
Vast - Great building, lovely colours, but most importantly of all the shot does manage to convey how huge it is.

Hey Ian :)

Good catch up !!!

Effort - A nice bright and sharp image, very effective DoF too :)

Technology - nice idea, not so sure on the crop on this, a tad tight on the bottom...

Horizontal - Liking this, a good twist on the theme, the strong splash of yellow going across the shot is a very good idea :)

Vast - that's a huge area that, nice and open foreground, enclosed by the building and monument, and a nice sky to top it off - like it :)

Quick off the mark there Ian with a good photo. I always find flowers hard to capture outdoors due to the large dynamic range, good job.

We've got some of these - beautiful colour. Taken in harsh sunlight but you managed to keep the detail.

Nice splash of colours Ian, nice DoF too.

Hi Ian, very nicely done, I would have give it a crop on the left hand side to emphasise the detail on the right.

I thought of that but then the flower would be central which I think looks a bit boring.
Just noticed there are halo's on the bottom flower..

Hi Ian... as Andy says, getting in close could well increase the impact of this shot. The other challenge is shooting in bright sunshine. You've got some hard shadows and a softer light with some cloud cover could help that. Having said that, complete cloud cover can be too soft sometimes - you definitely want definition in the petals...

Flora - I like the central flower but the oof ones look a bit odd to me so maybe a crop of less processing if that has happened in pp

Back