weekly imagine's 52 week challenge in 2013

Evening Jim

welcome to the 52's madhouse.....enjoy your project , tis hard work but well worth the effort (y) Any questions just ask away , we're a friendly bunch round these parts :D

not to keen on the BG with the lines going upwards but i like the shot very well done. what is whisky like from japan????

Really like the texture and the shallow depth of field but as said above the background is slightly distracting. Great start Jim.

Great subject. The only thing I'm not keen on is the top line that cuts across the whole bottle.

Other than that I like it, background included. Well done Jim, great start :)

I like your interpretation of sin, very good
That needs photoshopped to say kamakazi :LOL:
Good start

hi Jim

Japanese Whisky....OMG...is it any good ?

Agree with others comments on the DOf , lighting & angle ,still pondering the BG......thought about it....don't mind the lines just wish they were straight & maybe the one that goes across the bottle needs cropping out or enhancing....still not sure:thinking:

good start though mister...look foward to seeing more from you (y)

Thanks for the comments. The background is a Venetian blind I was using to try to get a nice diffused light.

Mmmm, nice, I need to try this stuff!
I like the shot and the background but I think I'd like the bottle turned just a little so you can make out a bit more of the writing. I initially thought it said Kamakazi too (my name) but I had this user name for years before I discovered its actually spelt kamikaze ;)

I like your shot Jim, but I'm not so keen on the background. Good DoF and exposure though :)

Not alot more to add really, good start to your 52 and good luck with it!

labels nice;y focused not sure about the bg its a little distracting

Nice sharp image with overall good lighting that brings out the texture in the label. Not keen on the blind that goes through the bottle but that would be easy to crop or clone. I am not sure about the brightest light hitting the most out of focus writing as my eye keeps getting drawn between that and the Japanese script

Like your take on the theme.. I don't mind the background. Good DoF and exposure

Makes you wonder what is down the path, but I'd wonder more if there was just a bit more detail in the FG snow like posiview said.

Sin, lovely lighting but I would probably want just a tad more DOF.

Season, that is a very very nice wintery scene but I think it just need a very tiny straighten.

Great start to your 52 (y)

I didn't sharpen, but deliberately softened to give a more misty/dreamy feel to it.

Changed the curves slightly to bring out the whites and darken the blacks, increased clarity by about 15% and added a slight white vignette. Thoughts?
mQgVddd.jpg

love the edited version there is something about it that draws me in (y)

Great start to your 52 Jim (y)

I can't say whether or not Japanese whisky is a sin or not, I'm teetotal so will take yours and others word for that :LOL:
I like the crop and composition you've taken here, the background doesn't bother me too much either.

Your edit for season is spot on for me. I particularly like your choice of processing to give it that dreamy look. Your composition really draws the viewers eye into the scene. Good work all round (y) iain

I think you have done a great job and I love the misty, dream look you have achieved. What PP did you use on it?

Back