Insomnia.

Already been to bed and had a little sleep, woke up about 2am ish. Could not get back to sleep, got up had a Coffee and a quick nose on here. Yawn, back to bed I go :sleep:

Well had a crap night last night, I was still awake come 05:30

I should of just got up at that point but I didn't and a bit of a disaster has ensued.... I fell asleep and then didn't wake up until 18:45!!

So looks like I am going to be up all night again

Well had a crap night last night, I was still awake come 05:30

I should of just got up at that point but I didn't and a bit of a disaster has ensued.... I fell asleep and then didn't wake up until 18:45!!

So looks like I am going to be up all night again

That's a rotten cycle to get into :(

Wide awake at 1.50 and up at 6 to go fishing...bloody body clock up the wall with working days and nights I haven't got a chance ,did Monday night,Wednesday day,Thursday night and Saturday day ...hey ho

:wave:

...not looking good ...

...need some company!

...and here will (probably) get me in less trouble than match.com will...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
:wave:

...not looking good ...

...need some company!

...and here will (probably) get me in less trouble than match.com will...:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope you didn't confuse the two! :eek:

Ihave rarely suffered from sleeping problems, but over the last few months have been suffering increasingly from insomnia, difficulty getting to sleep, easily disturbed and once I woke past 5 or 6 rarely got back to sleep again. ended up feeling incredibly tired in the day, but come 9 or 10 pm, my body refused any attempt at sleep.

I went to the doctors and they prescribed Zopiclone. The doctor told me to take 3 on consecutive nights as that should reset my sleeping pattern, which they have. Haven't felt the need to take another one. They do have a side affect of causing some memory loss after you take them in the evening, so beware!

Ihave rarely suffered from sleeping problems, but over the last few months have been suffering increasingly from insomnia, difficulty getting to sleep, easily disturbed and once I woke past 5 or 6 rarely got back to sleep again. ended up feeling incredibly tired in the day, but come 9 or 10 pm, my body refused any attempt at sleep.

I went to the doctors and they prescribed Zopiclone. The doctor told me to take 3 on consecutive nights as that should reset my sleeping pattern, which they have. Haven't felt the need to take another one. They do have a side affect of causing some memory loss after you take them in the evening, so beware!

Glad you found something that worked for you.

Incidentally. ..was that one on three consecutive nights? 3 at once seems a lot! :)

I've slept little more than 4-5 hrs a night for over a decade (with occassional exceptions :) ).

I function quite well on it now (again, with exceptions!) so I see little point in chemical intervention.

it was one each night for 3 consecutive nights, god nows how deep a sleep if you took 3! They took effect very quickly, say about 15 minutes, and I felt the immediate need to go to bed and sleep. I was unable to do much in the day with the amount and quality of sleep I was having, which was diminishing over around a 3 to 4 month period. Thankfully I am almost able to get to sleep as I have done before, and if I wake in the early hours I can get back pretty quickly.

The other thing I tried was a mindfulness / meditation CD. I had this one from the library and then bought it, highly recommended.

I have recently found that listening to old time radio podcasts soon gets me off to sleep

Well it would seem it's going to be one of those nights.

I'm still awake at 3.50 am but that's because I work nights
Normally feel rough at 4am or so and then start to come round by the time I'm back in bed at home in the morning at 8am
tho I only get a few hours sleep as I wake up at midday and can't get back to sleep

No more than 2 hours sleep per 24 since late May. 'Tired' doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

No more than 2 hours sleep per 24 since late May. 'Tired' doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Blimey, how do you function safely?

I have no problem dropping off but I usually wake at 3.00am,however I was relying on this habit to get me up for the eclipse,selpt till 4,bugger,can't even rely on insomnia.

Half 3 is my walking dead time.

Seems that's it for me tonight :(

Morning all...and yes insomnia wins again... I suppose I could do the ironing

Morning all...and yes insomnia wins again... I suppose I could do the ironing

That's exactly what I've done.
I think vacuuming would have been pushing my luck though.
The pig of it is that now it's time to go to work I feel like I could go back to bed :(

Moaning :)

Bugger.

Lost count of the sheep.

I spy with my little eye something beginning with ceilin

Been on 4 hours sleep each night for the last 2 weeks, lastnight was the finishing blow - about an hour... Managed to crash at my desk for 20mins at lunch. Feeling pretty tired now, wish me luck!

Can't sleep, sat on sofa as my missus is in lots of agonising pain. Missus propped up in chair nodding off every so often. I need to sleep, worry is keeping me awake.

Best wishes to all those kept up by ill health or worry for loved ones.

I'm up because I have a lot of things to fill my time but as someone once told me, it's a privilege. Sometimes I'm only finished around midnight or maybe a little later, I'm often awake at 03:00 or later and of course sometimes I'm needed in the night. It may all catch up with me at some point but I seem to be able to cope at the moment.

Can't sleep lots on my mind ,so just checking in. Hardly worth going to bed, will have to be up at 6 anyway. Only had an hour or two sleep!

Back