iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

Also now the search has moved, I can't understand why they don't allow you to swipe between screens as in android, when I swipe right to my last screen I want to swipe right to my first again, not have to keep going left through all my screens again.

Sorry to disillusion you, but that is how Android works, from the central homepage, I can swipe to the 2 screens to the left and no further, if I want page 4 or 5 I have to go back to the right, past the central homepage.

There is no circular aspect to the screens in Android, swipe to the left to the beginning, and then have to go back to go the right :shrug:.

Could be an update via one of the manufacturers UI overlays (Touchwiz/Sense UI)? I like the new spotlight search, although I never have more than two home screens (main one with apps, second with folders) so it's no real bother either way.

Could be an update via one of the manufacturers UI overlays (Touchwiz/Sense UI)?

Can't help with that, I have a Nexus device.

The point that I was making is that Android doesn't work as you thought. It's the same as iOS, flick to the left to get to the beginning, flick to the right to get to the end.

No circle.

I'm aware of that (my wife has a Nexus 4), I was just suggesting why he might think Android worked in a different way.

The point that I was making is that Android doesn't work as you thought. It's the same as iOS, flick to the left to get to the beginning, flick to the right to get to the end.

No circle.

Not wanting to take the thread OT but it all depends on the launcher, most let you choose how the screens behave

Sorry to disillusion you, but that is how Android works, from the central homepage, I can swipe to the 2 screens to the left and no further, if I want page 4 or 5 I have to go back to the right, past the central homepage.

There is no circular aspect to the screens in Android, swipe to the left to the beginning, and then have to go back to go the right :shrug:.

No circle.

The samsung galaxy s3 works differently to that, it does go full circle, ie from page 5 back to page 1 without having to go in the opposit direction.

:)

Not keen on the new calendar, but thumbs up for the control center.

nope, but then i only use official leads/chargers. can you not just get a usb extension and use the official charger? might be a change to the power requirements or something daft.
hmmmm yeah not thought of that, cheers Neil I'll give that a try (y)

This depends on the launcher you have installed. I use Apex launcher and that will do circular scrolls... (stock Nexus 4 here)

Not wanting to take the thread OT but it all depends on the launcher, most let you choose how the screens behave

This depends on the launcher you have installed. I use Apex launcher and that will do circular scrolls... (stock Nexus 4 here)

The point being that isn't "Android", what I was saying is that "Android" works exactly like iOS with regard the complaint the poster had.

You can do all sorts with other roms/launchers/manufacturer UI add ons (just like you can on a jailbroken iOS device), but "Android" doesn't do any different in the way screens are flicked through.

just like you can on a jailbroken iOS device
And that was my point. It's just an app in Android (and free at that too), no jailbreak needed...

So, how do you close apps? Before, I'd "double click" the home button, press & hold the app and tap the "x". That doesn't seem to wor anymore.

double tap home button, then swipe up on the windows you want to close away.

much easier.

Been having a play with someone's phone this afternoon and, whilst some elements of the new interface are quite nice, they've really hit this with the ugly stick, haven't they? :(

The month view on Calendar has been broken so you now can't see what you're doing on a specific day without going to day view, the 'tap to top' on Safari is hit and miss at best it seems, and don't even get me started on the 'flying' icons every time you unlock! :puke:

The new mail and messaging interface is nice, but I'm not sure they're enough to get me to switch lock stock to iOS7 just yet.

double tap home button, then swipe up on the windows you want to close away.

much easier.

It is easy until you want to close apps in quick succession, I find it can be quite arduous as you try to slide over the apps and then slide up and it sometimes doesn't work. for closing one or two apps at a time and switching to something else i prefer the new method but for batch closing apps it's a real pain.

Been having a play with someone's phone this afternoon and, whilst some elements of the new interface are quite nice, they've really hit this with the ugly stick, haven't they? :(

The month view on Calendar has been broken so you now can't see what you're doing on a specific day without going to day view, the 'tap to top' on Safari is hit and miss at best it seems, and don't even get me started on the 'flying' icons every time you unlock! :puke:

The new mail and messaging interface is nice, but I'm not sure they're enough to get me to switch lock stock to iOS7 just yet.

the ugliest parts imo are the dock and folders. I don't know about more powerful devices but the iPad mini still gets the grey treatment, and I thought that was only reserved for the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Apart from the zoom and parallax effects it's almost *less* visually intense than iOS 6.

I have had no problems today except that both 'pad and 'phone refuse to update apps. I'm not the kind to let the updating be done automatically so I turned it off, but when I go to App Store the page flickers and everything disappears telling me that all apps are up to date. I know fine well they aren't but it's happening on both devices so must be a bug.

I want the calendar 'list' view back.

i just deleted a bookmark fine :shrug:

Yup, same here. Just click edit, then the - sign to delete. In that same edit screen you can reorder by holding on the three horizontal lines on the right and dragging them to where you want them to go.

We are confusing bookmark and favorites. I can delete bookmarks fine, it's the favorites I can't get rid off. The bar at the top of safari is no longer bookmarks but is now favorites and I just can't delete them, they also show up as tiles whrpen opening a new tab with the + sign.

Unless I'm totally missing something, I just can't get rid of unwanted ones.

We are confusing bookmark and favorites. I can delete bookmarks fine, it's the favorites I can't get rid off. The bar at the top of safari is no longer bookmarks but is now favorites and I just can't delete them, they also show up as tiles whrpen opening a new tab with the + sign.

Unless I'm totally missing something, I just can't get rid of unwanted ones.

Just went into favourites, clicked on Edit at the bottom and was able to delete at will. :shrug:

We are confusing bookmark and favorites. I can delete bookmarks fine, it's the favorites I can't get rid off. The bar at the top of safari is no longer bookmarks but is now favorites and I just can't delete them, they also show up as tiles whrpen opening a new tab with the + sign. Unless I'm totally missing something, I just can't get rid of unwanted ones.

Bookmarks, then favorites, then delete what you don't want. Simple.

love apple and a big supporter of the phones, computers, gadgets, etc. that they do. Wonder what the 5c is going to be like?- how does it compare to the iphones 4 + 4s (i think its going to be a simular spec to this)
like the new extravagant colours too- iphone 5s's come in gold,silver, and grey. and the 5c expanding to blue, pink, red, yellow, and more!
from liam :)
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/review-roundup-the-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c/?_r=0

Open Safari.
Tap the bookmark 'book'.
Tap the 'Favourites >' block.
Bottom right of the box, tap 'Edit'.

(Google is my friend!)

Yes that was my issue there was no edit button.

Sorted now as I have managed to delete ALL :( my bookmarks and favourites, so now having to start again (which it's a bad thing) and I now have the edit button.

I think the problem may have been it was pulling everything from iCloud, turned that off and was ask if I wanted to delete from this ipad, said yes and everything went.

Just a matter of stating ageing with a bookmark list.

Back