weekly Iris’s 52 week challenge

Name
Jen
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 1

So all week I’ve know what shot I want to take and honestly, the weather has not been on my side at all and between parenting and work and setting up a business, daylight hours are few and far between [emoji31]

So, finally conceding tonight, I took a photograph of just the most lovely window which actually forms part of a garden wall and not a house....

And the SD card is corrupt, so here is a phone photo of the back of my camera with a window photograph on it

D- must try harder

View: https://flic.kr/p/2ic7oP2

49352486463_7335f13b84_o.jpg

Would have been nice to see the original image, did you know there is a program that can recover images from corrupt SD cards, might be able to salvage your pics.

That's a damn shame that the card decided to corrupt. Lucky you could still see it on the camera !
A picture a week sounds easy doesn't it... until you start doing it :) Stick with it though, it's addictive.

it's hard to critique the shot as it's not the one you wanted, but it does look interesting, I wonder if it's one for a re-shoot during the "snappers choice" weeks?
I've marked you down for Silhouette, but really it's the opposite of a silhouette isn't it? The subject is lit rather than in darkness.

Certianly worthy of another visit it looks like a good image though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I will do what I can to recover the image at the weekend and repost if I can :)

An image a week does sound easy but I have been struggling with taking photos for a while now so I joined the challenge to get that buzz back

You seem to be having issues with the link thing Jen.
I've done last weeks for you, have a look HERE
Any problems give me a shout (y)

You seem to be having issues with the link thing Jen.
I've done last weeks for you, have a look HERE
Any problems give me a shout (y)

Thanks. I think it’s because I ended up doing it on my phone, I’ll power up my big girl computer next time

Thanks. I think it’s because I ended up doing it on my phone, I’ll power up my big girl computer next time
No worries Phones can be a real PITA. To do stuff like that on.

What a shame I hope you can recover your pictures looks like this was a good one, an excuse to go back and try again though

Nice start, woulds like to see the revisit of that :)

Hi Jen

Seeing the problems you have had, it's a decent enough start to your 52, more daylight helps as the year progresses, by the time the evenings get shorter again you will be in the rhythm.

Pete

And here is my take for week 2 - we do love a bit of Stranger things in this house, you can't tell because of the doc but the books in the background are upside down.It's a bit on the soft side though

Week 2 - Leisure 001.jpg

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here Jen, unless its weird things that give you pleasure ?
Nice use of DoF.

I quite like it, unlike the snakeman above, I do get it, but you would need to know about the show I guess.
The figure is Eleven (El), the books are the upside down and it gives you pleasure to watch.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here Jen, unless its weird things that give you pleasure ?
Nice use of DoF.

It’s a character from a TV show but I guess it’s kind of developed a cult following so I get why you don’t get it..... and the books, writing stuff and the like in the background provide pleasure :)

Now this has me stumped for pleasure, sorry does nothing for me or the theme.

No worries, I thought I was being obvious but I guess it means absolutely nothing to anyone who didn’t enjoy the tv show

I quite like it, unlike the snakeman above, I do get it, but you would need to know about the show I guess.
The figure is Eleven (El), the books are the upside down and it gives you pleasure to watch.

Yay. Thanks for getting it, I wasn’t being too obscure then [emoji23]

Yay. Thanks for getting it, I wasn’t being too obscure then
emoji23.png
Not too obscure for me, but I do like the program.

I was thinking along the lines of 'blindfolded but with books' or something like that but anyway - it was pleasurable trying to figure out what was going on, so to speak.

I initially thought of Bird Box rather than Stranger Things, but on closer inspection I can see the blood.
Doesn't help that I've only watch Season 1 of Stranger Things, I must make an effort to catch up...

Anyway, you can just about make out that the book is upsidedown ;)

I haven't seen stranger things but have heard of it so your comment was helpful. It would have helped to have the background
more in focus to help with the being in the upside down vibe.

Nice us of DoF I can just make out the up side down book which adds to the image to me not seen stranger things but it on my list to watch!

Glad of the explanation - never heard or / seen it.. doh! Now it makes sense with the theme.

Stranger Things, I have heard of it, but it's on NetFlix, which we don't have.
I like the Image, nice use of the DoF on the background.

Pete

It’s a character from a TV show

I have heard of "TV show". but I think there is more than one?
Could be wrong of course, as they all look alike to me :p

And I thought she was from The Incredibles :LOL: I've heard of Stranger Things and I'm now thinking I need to check it out.

Glad you got your SD card sorted.

I like the narrow depth of field and you can see the book is upside down, but I'm afraid it's purpose did elude me :rolleyes: I must get out more, or watch more tv or something :LOL:

Welcome to the 52, Jen, and I'm glad you got your SD card problem sorted. The first image shows a really interesting subject and design, and I would be interested to see it again in daylight; perhaps it will be suitable for a theme later in the year too :)

The second image is well-lit and exposed, and you've used shallow depth of field well. I have heard of Stranger Things but not watched it so the explanation was needed for me :)

local interest - I'm sorry but that doesn't work for me...

pleasure - great idea, well executed (y) (yes, I have seen stranger things)

Back