weekly It is what it is, Sirching for 52/2016 - 52 - Celebrate

Hi, as I said on Dean's post, I'd rather be able to see the full photograph so I don't have to scroll up and down :)

Like it, works well, especially with the climbers on the upper left.

Cheers.
Thanks, try holding down the Ctrl key and pressing - (minus) on the key pad ;)

Good selection of images nicely put together, my fave being bottom middle.
Thanks David

These "toys" are not all they seem are they?
Although sliding down the banisters like that is only going to end badly :D

Great idea for the theme Chris, nice subdued lighting too :)

I was trying to remember the character this reminded me of and then read Dean's reply - Chuckie all right. Excellent thinking and a brilliant set up Chris with the shadow detail adding to the dramatic scene.

Blimey !!! a bit of a Chucky look going on there Chris :wideyed:

A suitably dark image... and I love the shadow on the wall, I think that bit alone works great (y)

These "toys" are not all they seem are they?
Although sliding down the banisters like that is only going to end badly :D

Great idea for the theme Chris, nice subdued lighting too :)

I was trying to remember the character this reminded me of and then read Dean's reply - Chuckie all right. Excellent thinking and a brilliant set up Chris with the shadow detail adding to the dramatic scene.

Its the blue eyes that are really spooky.

Thanks all, I hadn't heard of the Chucky movies but dolls do seem to be a bit of a feature in horror movies.

Dolls always scary, no idea why. Well lit with a good shadow too, the placement of it slightly odd jammed between the spindles but I suppose she would be difficult to pose with the soft cloth body, suitably scary

Dolls always scary, no idea why. Well lit with a good shadow too, the placement of it slightly odd jammed between the spindles but I suppose she would be difficult to pose with the soft cloth body, suitably scary

Agreed, scares the carp outta me !
Nicely done Chris.

Thanks guys

Well they say imitation is the best form of flattery so with a big nod to @posiview, the skies were just about clear enough to pull something from the murk so I got out for a milky-way shot and thought I would post as a Vast reshoot.

52-2016-Vast-Reshoot by TheWub, on Flickr

Last edited:
Spooky ... imagine finding that when sneaking in late! Great horror movie lighting.

Vast Reshoot ... wow!

Spooky ... imagine finding that when sneaking in late! Great horror movie lighting.

Vast Reshoot ... wow!

Thanks David, just a couple of off-camera flashes to get the spooky lighting.

That's a cracking re-shoot Chris!

Nothing to add :)

Great idea for spooky and great horror film lighting!

And a stunning re-shoot for vast!

Hi Chris,

I'm with DK on 'Spooky', my first reaction was Chucky... Works well.
Oddly the shadow of the doll is even more disturbing.

Vast Re-Shoot - Another great Milky Way shot. Incredibly good considering the light pollution thst you've included.
Where is this?

Hi Chris,

I'm with DK on 'Spooky', my first reaction was Chucky... Works well.
Oddly the shadow of the doll is even more disturbing.

Vast Re-Shoot - Another great Milky Way shot. Incredibly good considering the light pollution thst you've included.
Where is this?
Thanks Tim, I was aiming to get a decent shadow of the doll. The milky way shot is looking towards the bright lights of Arnside, South Lakes. I've found with light pollution the clarity of the air makes a big difference (obvious when you think about it) the clearer the night the less light pollution gets reflected off clouds, dust, mist, etc.

I can't even pose like that on the flat without wobbling let alone on a pedestal ... and as for the ballet, never figured out how they can do that. Very good Chris - like #1 particularly for the elegance of your model and the autumnal colours in the bg.

Two very nice poses Chris, the Autumn colours in the background (#1) really set it off!

Excellent, your wife by any chance.:)
Flattery will get you everywhere but my it's my daughter :)

I can't even pose like that on the flat without wobbling let alone on a pedestal ... and as for the ballet, never figured out how they can do that. Very good Chris - like #1 particularly for the elegance of your model and the autumnal colours in the bg.
I's a wonder there were no broken ankles and was amazed what she could do on such a small surface.

Love those two for Pose Chris, both absolutely spot on, the one in the garden setting looks fabulous and very difficult too.:clap:
Thanks Susie

Two very nice poses Chris, the Autumn colours in the background (#1) really set it off!
Thanks Chris

#1 for me Chris. Your model jumps out from the background due to the contract of skin tones and black vs autumnal leaves.
(y)
Thanks TIm, a bit of bright sunlight and a flash gun helped

I like the first one the best - poor girl must have frozen if it was anything like around here today.

I would have liked to have seen the background of the Autumnal tree used more fully, as the right hand corner spoils the feel a bit.Two more paces to the right and you would have had the tree square on I think ?

I like the first one the best - poor girl must have frozen if it was anything like around here today.

I would have liked to have seen the background of the Autumnal tree used more fully, as the right hand corner spoils the feel a bit.Two more paces to the right and you would have had the tree square on I think ?
Thanks, it was a case of dressing gown off, pose, shoot, dressing gown on in about 10 seconds, as for framing, as you might expect I would have liked that too.

Two beautiful shots Chris - what a talented girl :) I love the full length shot for the whole picture it gives, but I really like the close up too - very simple but effective. The highlight on the front of the leg and foot really makes it for me.

edit: and just realised that I hadn't commented on your other two fabulous shots. I'm a bit in awe of these milky way shots this week - must read up more, but they look amazing! Your doll is super creepy...I'm never sure how toys that give small children so much pleasure can evoke these feelings but they do for me - great lighting :)

Last edited:
Two beautiful shots Chris - what a talented girl :) I love the full length shot for the whole picture it gives, but I really like the close up too - very simple but effective. The highlight on the front of the leg and foot really makes it for me.

edit: and just realised that I hadn't commented on your other two fabulous shots. I'm a bit in awe of these milky way shots this week - must read up more, but they look amazing! Your doll is super creepy...I'm never sure how toys that give small children so much pleasure can evoke these feelings but they do for me - great lighting :)

Thanks for the catch up Emma, I appreciate it. I like the en-pointe foot too, I tunk it isolates the pose than the full length photo

Back