weekly It is what it is, Sirching for 52/2016 - 52 - Celebrate

Both good for the theme but I do like the simplicity of the second one

Hi, #1 for me, great pose and contours. I like the BG colours as well. Would have been nice to have her in the centre of the tree, removing the RHS.

Cheers.

Hi, #1 for me, great pose and contours. I like the BG colours as well. Would have been nice to have her in the centre of the tree, removing the RHS.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy, the framing was about the best I could get

Two great photos for pose! I prefer the simplicity of the second one, but good lighting and right on theme for both of them.

Two great images for Pose Chris I think No2 just edges it for me just for the simplicity of it.

I'm sure I haven't made a comment for the re.shoot, I would like to say its stunning.:clap:

Well, the super moon was all over the news so after a frustrating 3 evenings dodging showers and chasing all over to get a view of it, the NEWS is, I didn't get a photo of it, so here is something else

Ingleborough by TheWub, on Flickr

Last edited:
Its a lovely landscape, lots of colour. Who needs a moon when we have this on earth.:)

Thats a cracker Chris. I love snow & the low cloud in the back ground :)

Beautiful landscape Chris - envy you. No news is good news - either way it's news related (huh!?!?)

Beautiful landscape Chris - envy you. No news is good news - either way it's news related (huh!?!?)
Thanks Carl, more a case of needing a hydraulic ram than a shoehorn but I was lucky to get some good light last Friday

I don't know the first thing about landscapes but that looks pretty good to me. (y)

I do know a bit about shoehorning pictures in ... and this is an excellent job.

Nice contrast of the green in the foreground and blues in the distance. The cloud cover on the snow covered hillock adds interest to the shot. Where is it?
Thanks Tim, it's Ingleborough in the Yorkshire Dales National Park

I don't know the first thing about landscapes but that looks pretty good to me. (y)

I do know a bit about shoehorning pictures in ... and this is an excellent job.
Thanks David, I think the shoehorn snapped on that one :)

Lovely - I like the contrast between the snowy peaks and the green lowland. Those supermoon shots were 10 a penny anyway...not in the slightest bit miffed that our skies were cloudy too :whistle:
Thanks Emma, I agree, the super moon was terribly cliched ;)

Excellent shot Chris. The detail is fabulous and the bright green shoot poking through the rich brown covering is very engaging. Both good but prefer #1

Plain and simple Chris, it works very well IMO.
Like them both TBH :)

Excellent shot Chris. The detail is fabulous and the bright green shoot poking through the rich brown covering is very engaging. Both good but prefer #1

Plain and simple Chris, it works very well IMO.
Like them both TBH :)

They work very well Chris - perfect dof to engage the viewer - I don't think I can choose between them.

Tight crop for me Chris, lovely detail, and splash of green and really like the angle you have chosen, square crop... yep that works too (y)

Thanks all, getting the focus on the tip of the shoot was a bit of a pain but it looks like it paid off.

Tight crop for me Chris, lovely detail, and splash of green and really like the angle you have chosen, square crop... yep that works too (y)

:agree: .... but even tighter crop for me, do away with that glass rim altogether? o_O hmmmm

:agree: .... but even tighter crop for me, do away with that glass rim altogether? o_O hmmmm
Thanks David, hadn't thought of that and it could well have conveyed "young" better, I guess I was more intent on practicing my lighting skills but I guess I could have practiced my focus stacking o_O

Chris, just had catchup through your images, vast is great and something I want to do this winter

I like the second pose image as well, I think its the simplicity of it that I like :)

Chris, just had catchup through your images, vast is great and something I want to do this winter

I like the second pose image as well, I think its the simplicity of it that I like :)
Thanks for taking the time Lee. You've got to get lucky with the weather for the milky way.

Back