Critique required Kell's 52 in 22 - week 52. Showcase

Week 47 - Ornaments

Don't really have many ornaments,

Picked these up in Jamaica on our honeymoon. Picked them for this as I thought they might make interesting shapes.

Quite liked trying to do something a bit more graphic with them side on.

(FYI, I have a lightbox for tracing images, these were laid down on that with camera directly above.)

5D3_2681-HDR by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

5D3_2681-HDR-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

But I actually preferred this version in B&W.

5D3_2689 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
All nice shots Kell. Torn between the one you posted and the one above, the almost sideways silhouette.

I like the face on shot, they're interesting items and this one shows them off a little more.

Love the more graphic images. The first one is the one that does it for me. Great thought process.

Week 48 - Curve.

Some of you will recognise this location. Took some shots here a little while back for another TP52.

But these were shot specifically for this brief. Curve. It's a curve. Nothing more complex than that. Preferred the portrait version in the endm though I was partial to number 03 too.

Curve 01 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Curve 02 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Curve 03 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ornament: I'm with you on the chosen shot as the detail and texture are lovely
Curve: Good idea for the theme. I think I edge towards #3 as it feels better balanced to me.

Nice shots Kell. I like to portrait shot too, but as you (and Helen above) say, there is something about the 3rd shot. It feels like the vanishing point is deeper into the shot which makes it work well.

It's #1 for me. The negative space at the top works really well. It reinforces the idea of a motorway to nowhere.

i like a good long exposure of a road image, these all fit the bill with great colours and nice curves. I prefer the first.

I'd struggle to choose, but all nicely captured. I think with the first and second you feel like you're in the thick of it.
After much thought, I like number 2 best for where the lights terminate and the overall coverage of the frame.

Week 49 Tools.

Fairly straightforward shot this week, but I thought I'd try and capture something unusual and see if people can guess what it's for.

I couldn't show yoiu the other side as it has the name of the product on it. I tried to retouch it out, but my skills aren't good enough.

(One object shot three times and comped in PS.)

TP52 2022: WK49 - Tools by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have no idea either... looks like a very abstract set of yoga positions :D :D

Nicely done. Is it an oojar wotsit for disfractting the smooty tubes?

I would never have guessed what it was. The image is cool, it looks almost like you've created this as a computer generated graphic image.

WK 50 - CONSTRUCTION.

I was away all weekend without a camera, so no time to take a shot then. Had to pop in to town today so took my little camera with me as a 'just in case'.

I don't consider this to be much more than a record shot really, but I quite liked the elevation. It was really busy in town so I ended up on the 6th floor of a multi-story and managed to see this over the rooftops.

I almost went with a B&W conversion as the weather was appalling, but it felt like a cop out. So here's the colour.

Construction by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fits the theme. I'd have gone for mono :)

That's a good shot Kell.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

Fits the theme. I'd have gone for mono :)

I can show the mono when I get back home.

I didn’t like it really.

But I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Unfortunately, I can't do that. I'd deleted all the files from a folder. Long story, but I was deleting some JPEGs that got uploaded in error, and hadn't realised the RAWS were in there too.

So colour it stays.

Week 52 - Christmassy.

Divisive little veg. I love them, keep trying to get my daughter to like them but to no avail. Apparently there is something in them that you either love or hate and you can't grow to like them like some other foods.

5D3_3009 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Eeeeeuuuurgh! Little poisonous cabbages of death!

Nice pic of them
:runaway:

Week 52 - Christmassy.

Divisive little veg. I love them, keep trying to get my daughter to like them but to no avail. Apparently there is something in them that you either love or hate and you can't grow to like them like some other foods.

5D3_3009 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

I'm in the love 'em camp! Even in the past when they could be less sweet than they are now, I loved 'em. Best combined with parsnips... :) Make the sproutkini whistle!!!

Nicely framed and arranged for symmetry.

My brother terms them "food of the devil"... personally I love them so its not genetic!! They do say Christmas more than any other veg!

Back