weekly Kerioaks 2013-52 - Electrickery added (post 150 Page 5)

Hi Chrsitine, fine macro shot with good colour contrast, focus and shadow. Original and well taken.

i'm the same as lee on the blue, think it would work well with or without it :) wonderful details and sharp in all the right places..

Hi Christine

lovely take on the Space theme....wonderfully sharp , great colors & good detail in the heads :clap: I'd also be tempted to crop a smidge from the blue top & also a smidge from the LHS to lose the little area that doesn't have a match head in it...though I guess that could act as a another space...empty space :)

That's a nice crisp shot with plenty of details in the match heads, I can't help thinking I would have liked to see many many more heads tightly packed together :shrug:

i'm the same as lee on the blue, think it would work well with or without it :) wonderful details and sharp in all the right places..

Hi Christine

lovely take on the Space theme....wonderfully sharp , great colors & good detail in the heads :clap: I'd also be tempted to crop a smidge from the blue top & also a smidge from the LHS to lose the little area that doesn't have a match head in it...though I guess that could act as a another space...empty space :)

Thanks Lynne - difficult to know where to stop with the cropping

That's a nice crisp shot with plenty of details in the match heads, I can't help thinking I would have liked to see many many more heads tightly packed together :shrug:

Thanks Foggy - if I had included lots more heads it would have been more difficult to get a macro version, they were as tight in the box as I could get them at the time

A little late with these and apologies for not visiting other people's posts to review. Life has got a bit full recently with not a lot of time for this so going to try to catch up a bit at least.

Work
IMG_6198.jpg

Spent ages around this guy(?) waiting for enough space to get him on his own as all the kid were having their photo taken with him

~~

Gluttony
IMG_5995.jpg

A montage of birds visiting the feeders

2 good catch ups Christine, was wondering if you were still with us. (y)

Like the work fella(?), blue and yellow working well there, got his shoes and his straw, maybe a bit of "eye"-contact, but love the tall thin crop.

And the gluttonous birdys, excellent. Not a single shot we must presume... :LOL: Flawless editing though resulting in a pretty amazing image. (y)

Both pictures are well done in my opinion. But the Gluttony one is very good.

Hi, Work is a good catch. I'd like a bit more of the scene.

Gluttony, like it. Nice sense of movement and you've one well with the lighting.

Cheers.

I'm loving your pic for the gluttony theme, all those blue tits squabbling over the food. (y)

Last edited:
Fantastic shot for gluttony there. Great composition and timing, and great job to everyone else too for avoiding cheap puns. :)

Work....I think that's a good shot of a job most of us wouldn't do, unless you were a student and wanted beer money.

Gluttony.... that's a lot of birds in a small space, tidy work with the PP'ing.

(y)

2 good catch ups Christine, was wondering if you were still with us. (y)

Thanks Graham, not often at the moment :)

Like the work fella(?), blue and yellow working well there, got his shoes and his straw, maybe a bit of "eye"-contact, but love the tall thin crop.

And the gluttonous birdys, excellent. Not a single shot we must presume... :LOL: Flawless editing though resulting in a pretty amazing image. (y)

Thanks Matt, Neither were single shots, the first because people kept getting in the way and the second intentionally

Love the gluttony shot Christine!
Nice idea combining lots of shots - works really well and good editing skills, nice work!
(y)

agree with everyone gluttony is excellent

Thanks Nicky

Hi, Work is a good catch. I'd like a bit more of the scene.

Gluttony, like it. Nice sense of movement and you've one well with the lighting.

Thanks Andy - more of the scene involved lots of people in the way

Gluttony - I waited for a sunny afternoon - had a job with the shadows moving but was pleased with result

Cheers.

I'm loving your pic for the gluttony theme, all those blue tits squabbling over the food. (y)

Fantastic shot for gluttony there. Great composition and timing, and great job to everyone else too for avoiding cheap puns. :)

Thanks Ray, and you managed it as well (y)

Hi :wave:

Gluttony...fab bit of pp work there...plenty to keep you looking , good motion in the birds

Work....I think that's a good shot of a job most of us wouldn't do, unless you were a student and wanted beer money.

Gluttony.... that's a lot of birds in a small space, tidy work with the PP'ing.

(y)

Thanks Foggy -I would not want to do it either but at least it is anonymous

That took a lot of pp'ing - very few shots had two birds and when there were they were in the wrong place

Hi Christine,

Work - good capture. On theme, nice colours and contrast between big shoes and skinny legs. Pity that the 'S' on cup is part way round.

Gluttony - on theme and good PP skills

Thanks Alan - am working on my pp skills quite a lot at present so that was good practice for me

I don't know where the weeks are going at the moment - had a mad session to try and catch up - with my pictures anyway, but apologies once again for not commenting on everyone else's, managed it for the first few weeks at least.

Time - for Bed
IMG_6295.jpg

Juxtaposition
As I was sitting here wondering what on earth I could do for this I happened to look out of the window - and grabbed camera. Initially I did not want any of the tree included but it gives it more context I feel so I left it in. Clouds are moving so fast at the moment I only managed a couple of shots, the white has minimal detail but hopefully shows a little of what I was seeing.

IMG_6147.jpg

Letter - self explanatory I hope :)
IMG_6300.jpg

Hi, Time, on theme and nice colours. Just the purple a bit dark.

Juxtaposition, like this one and a vey unusual photograph. I hear what you're saying about the trees, but I'd pref they weren't there.

Letter, on theme and I remember getting one of these whilst in the Army. Works well.

Cheers.

Hiya,

Time for bed - lovely colours framed well by the white bedspread, few wrinkles and crinkles and creases - but I don;t even iron my own duvet so I'm sure I wouldn't do the teddies either :LOL:

Love the clouds for juxtaposition, the very bright rim around the lower cloud works great, and the tree's (I think) are OK, as they echo the shape of the clouds too, and provide another layer to the image.

Letter, :crying:, just enough information in the envelope below the letter to give some implied context to it. Initially I thought the pen nib should be out, but with it in, it looks like a letter started, but the writer unsure how or even whether to continue it........ Just the writing paper looks a littlle bit like it's had printing on the back of it, (at 90º to the "Dear John"), which is really fighting for my attention. Great idea, very thought provoking. (y)

Now do try and keep up, ;) :LOL:

Hi, Time, on theme and nice colours. Just the purple a bit dark.

Juxtaposition, like this one and a vey unusual photograph. I hear what you're saying about the trees, but I'd pref they weren't there.

Letter, on theme and I remember getting one of these whilst in the Army. Works well.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, the purple is almost black, not sure it is supposed to be. Did try the second one without the trees but did not like it. Sorry to hear that you got one of those letters, could not have been nice.

Hiya,

Time for bed - lovely colours framed well by the white bedspread, few wrinkles and crinkles and creases - but I don;t even iron my own duvet so I'm sure I wouldn't do the teddies either :LOL:

Love the clouds for juxtaposition, the very bright rim around the lower cloud works great, and the tree's (I think) are OK, as they echo the shape of the clouds too, and provide another layer to the image.

Letter, :crying:, just enough information in the envelope below the letter to give some implied context to it. Initially I thought the pen nib should be out, but with it in, it looks like a letter started, but the writer unsure how or even whether to continue it........ Just the writing paper looks a littlle bit like it's had printing on the back of it, (at 90º to the "Dear John"), which is really fighting for my attention. Great idea, very thought provoking. (y)

Now do try and keep up, ;) :LOL:

Thanks Graham - I do try and keep up - life keeps getting in the way :)

I have enough to do without ironing bedding, ironing is NOT one of my favourite occupations, think I would rather clean the oven!

I was lucky with the clouds, the sun was really lighting them up just on that break.

Pleased you noticed the nib in and the thinking behind it. Yes, paper did have writing on the back - I can either say I could not find any "clean paper" or it was a draft version :)

Hi Christine. I like your entry for Time. Great colours and nicely thought out. Just cropped a bit tight on the right hand side. Juxtaposition is a fabulous contrast especially with the light reflecting on the cloud. Original thought to letter a 'Dear John' to a serviceman, nicely thought out.(y)

Hi Christine, playing catch up again!

Work, what a grim job that guy has. Judging by the spindly legs he could do with a milk shake or two. My only comment is the S clipped a bit but I'm sure it was difficult getting any shot without something or someone in the way.

Gluttony great shot and an amazing piece of PP, can I ask how you did it? How many shots is this? I am looking on my phone but at the back in the middle (in line with the top of the seed feeder) is an odd looking object, it looks like a big headed bird with a leg up scratching! Like I said I am looking on my phone and it may by fine when viewed big!

Letter, a simple idea with enough writing too make you want to read more! The paper looks like it's got print on the other side though but otherwise I like the composition.

I'll be back later for the rest.

Last edited:
hi Christine

Time...on theme & I love cuddly fluffy toys :) Purple a little dark & maybe the sheets are white ?

Juxta....the image could stand without the tree's but workas just as well with them....thats one weird cloud thing going on there..well spotted :)

Letter...not a nice thing to receive but nicely on theme , like the layout but the writing on the back of the paper draws my eye's...

Hi Christine, playing catch up again!

Work, what a grim job that guy has. Judging by the spindly legs he could do with a milk shake or two. My only comment is the S clipped a bit but I'm sure it was difficult getting any shot without something or someone in the way.

Gluttony great shot and an amazing piece of PP, can I ask how you did it? How many shots is this? I am looking on my phone but at the back in the middle (in line with the top of the seed feeder) is an odd looking object, it looks like a big headed bird with a leg up scratching! Like I said I am looking on my phone and it may by fine when viewed big!

Letter, a simple idea with enough writing too make you want to read more! The paper looks like it's got print on the other side though but otherwise I like the composition.

I'll be back later for the rest.

Thanks Marsha
Gluttony - waited for a sunny afternoon and then set camera up on tripod on kitchen worktop with window open (while baking so oven on so not too cold) aimed at some feeders that don't swing around too much, everytime I saw birds on there clicked the shutter. I think I took around 70 shots but used 26 of them as many were in duplicate places. Then pulled in each new picture, used a black mask to hide it and then a white brush to reveal it and adjust angle/shadow as required

hi Christine

Time...on theme & I love cuddly fluffy toys :) Purple a little dark & maybe the sheets are white ?

Juxta....the image could stand without the tree's but workas just as well with them....thats one weird cloud thing going on there..well spotted :)

Letter...not a nice thing to receive but nicely on theme , like the layout but the writing on the back of the paper draws my eye's...

Thanks Lynn

Agree purple is dark (nearly black) but like that particular teddy as it fitted under the brown one's arm, sheets are a very pale cream colour.

Hi Christine. I like your entry for Time. Great colours and nicely thought out. Just cropped a bit tight on the right hand side. Juxtaposition is a fabulous contrast especially with the light reflecting on the cloud. Original thought to letter a 'Dear John' to a serviceman, nicely thought out.(y)

Thanks Dave - I tend to try and plan my pictures before I look at others if possible and this was the first thing that came to mind - did not even occur to me to do alphabet type letters

I may have to try that multiple shot stack. I've seen similar for aircraft landing at a busy airport. If where I worked was busier I would try it!

I hadn't quite finished yesterday!

Juxtaposition, works really well for the theme and the hint of trees help add a sense of scale.

Time, yes the purple bear is dark but how cute? The sheets look cream to me(y) I did notice the creases in the bedding, but I'm also of the opinion time is too precious to waste it on ironing anything, let alone bedding!

Electricity - I could not think of anything to take pictures of for this theme, so as I am currently working in PS this is an image created from scratch, no photography at all but just using electricity to power computer. It is a timber floor and wall with electric lights shining down and the drifting fabric throwing off static sparks - hopefully that keeps it on theme

I am so busy with other project at the moment it is difficult to keep up with creating and posting images and once again I apologise for not commenting on everyone's pictures, hopefully be back properly in a couple of months

electricity.jpg

Have to say Christine, that's fabulous. I think you should have maybe held back the fact that there's no photography involved.

The "lighting" is great and the bright yellow really does have a floaty fabriccy look and feel to it.

I wonder if the shadow cast might be a bit darker?

How much time would you spend putting together something like that?? Not sure I'd even know where to start! (Apart from google images but I suspect you didn't even go there!)

Thanks Graham, I did think about the shadow but as the fabric is so thin it would not cast a really heavy shadow I don't think. If I was truthful about how long it took I would probably say a day but as it was something I was working on anyway, and it evolved (fabric, plain, striped, checked, then became wood, plain, planks, then became floor and wall with lots of offshoots along the way, I think (not entirely sure) I have now taken it as far as I can so started on another theme. Nope, went nowhere near google images (they all belong to someone else anyway :D)

Hi Christine

Time - good idea and on theme. For me I would like to see them a bit further down, possibly tuck the purple one in a bit more , inc arm and then have no black bits top right and left.

Juxta - well spotted and handled - lovely lighting

letter - quite minimal - on theme. Agree with others about the appearance of printing thro the back of the sheet.

Electric - very creative . like the colours and the static 'dust'/sparks adds to the theme. Conveys a feeling of movement

I like the picture for electric its very interesting and clever not sure it says electric but thats a small point

Photography doesn't start or stop with the shutter! Love the electric shot, absolutely love it. I have no idea how you made it, but the composition is spot on and it looks just gorgeous. I'd happily hang that on a wall!

Electric is very clever :clap: I have read so many times that photos should be shot correctly in camera and never need photoshopping. Well I love photoshop and this kind of image just tells me that a really have so much to learn! I've no idea how you did this but great imagination.

Great pp skills there Christine (y)
Not sure it says electric to me but a very creative piece of work nonetheless.

Back