Kernow Chris' 52 for 2017 - Broken added

Super shot Chris - very inventive set-up. How did you manage to light the crystal without losing the yellow of the flame behind? I would be chuffed with that - have it framed and on the wall.

Very interesting set up, the separation of the flames is excellent

I love that photo and how much work you put in the set up. Thanks for sharing!

It is very well done and a very interesting photo, personally I'm not convinced that the flames go with the theme but they certainly add interest.

Bang on theme Chris - lovely shot of the moon. What's the significance of the words ... to me it seems to convert to "an loo roll" .. .does that mean you shot through a loo roll to get a nice sharp edge to the moon ?!?

Bang on theme Chris - lovely shot of the moon. What's the significance of the words ... to me it seems to convert to "an loo roll" .. .does that mean you shot through a loo roll to get a nice sharp edge to the moon ?!?
Yes I tried to translate the Cornish too Chris but didn't make much sense. Super full moon and an excellent choice for the theme.

'an loor oll', in my crude Cornish comes to 'whole of the moon', or if you translate it literally I believe it is 'of moon whole'.

'an loor oll', in my crude Cornish comes to 'whole of the moon', or if you translate it literally I believe it is 'of moon whole'.
Aha ... didn't even know it was Cornish. Learn something new every day. Very appropriate words for your image Chris.

Great super sharp shot of the moon. Of the whole moon, so right on theme!

Great moon shot :) I did type the words into google for a translation but all I got was amazon trying to sell me loo rolls :D

Week 7 - Structure

I failed to get out this weekend to find anything 'structural' so used this from my trip to Predannack the week before. Does it still count?

I'm no expert on the rules here, but this is a fine photo of a structure. Nicely composed and B&W conversion works very well.

Nicely processed with good sharp details, it's your challenge so as far as I'm concerned you can post what you want from whenever (y)

That looks like the flight deck of an alien spaceship. Really like it - especially so as it's b&w. Worst case, it will be classified as an archive shot but that's fine, we're allowed.

Now that is a structure, I agree with Carl, looks almost alien. Black and White is a good choice for this shot.

Back