Kernow Chris' 52 for 2017 - Broken added

Broken.

Well, I had a few ideas, one of them involving a 'broken NHS' sign, but couldn't find a suitable one, then I got a shot of an elderly gent with a braced knee, but it turned out to be a rubbish shot, then some dead flowers which made a nice composition but said more 'dead' rather than broken and I failed to find an AA/RAC man on the job, so I'm afraid it's another table top shot this week.

(PS For sale, Nikon DX 55-200mm lens, mould free)

Well its definitely broken, did it have a little fall, picture wise its bang on theme though a little central

good luck with the sale (y)

Shame you didn't find broken NHS shot, it is a very good idea. The lens is certainly on theme and well captured, "ouch" was my first thought.

Poor lens! Clean shot, decently lit and bang on theme.

I'd be broken if this had happened to one of my lenses.
It's well lit, that bit of shadow helps to ground the lens.
Good job :)

Blimey! Broken! never saw such destruction. A simple yet sad & powerful image.

A quick catch-up from me, Chris, as it's been a few weeks.

Smoke - they're both excellent images, and I might go against the grain and say I prefer the second one as I like the brighter light and different colours in that one.
Vivid - nice idea, and I'll echo the comments of others and say it would have been even better with the coloured caps facing towards the camera, but it still gets the theme across very effectively. Shame about the wall as that would indeed have been perfect!
Large - they both work well for me. The ant on the shoe is a good idea and I had to search around to find it, so it really conveyed the theme. But my favourite is the tractor because of the effective low POV and the bold red against that lovely blue sky. It makes a striking image.
Architecture - a really interesting building and good choice to go with monochrome processing. Shame about the very top of the roof but I know how hard it can be at night and it doesn't spoil the image, if anything it does accentuate the height, as you say (y)
Broken - it certainly is! Hope you didn't drop it especially for the shot :D

Last edited:
Back