weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

People
Good old jellybabies, not much to add to the previous comments, but i think I would have eaten one of the heads first :D

Fun choice for the them, I think the Background colour and texture suits it and edible props are always a bonus

It's not so bad ... the mottled BG works quite well with the sugary coated state of the jelly babes.

People
Good old jellybabies, not much to add to the previous comments, but i think I would have eaten one of the heads first :D

Thanks all for the comments, I do appreciate them.

I took a drive out with my friend in search of my next image and we ended up at Old Wardour castle, was a nice place to visit never been there before all went well, until I slipped down some stairs and have now sprained my left wrist. It will be a place to visit again when it's not raining, click HERE for more info on the castle and its History.

Week 3 - Theme - " Stark " remains of Old Wardour castle.

Stark (24) by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Mandy stark is a good shot and shame about the sky being greyish. Nice info of the place, this is a shot I think would look better in B&W as the whole shot is not in focus which is a shame as it does look great as an old ruins just seen the SS 1/80 and Aperture f5 :)

Last edited:
The light isn't great, but there hasn't been any good light this weekend so far and you;ve managed to get out and get your shot :)
Do the walls either side lean in for real, or is there some perspective that could be adjusted out?

Hi Mandy stark is a good shot and shame about the sky being greyish. Nice info of the place, this is a shot I think would look better in B&W as the whole shot is not in focus which is a shame as it does look great as an old ruins just seen the SS 1/80 and Aperture f5 :)

Thanks for the comments, I did wait as long as I could for the weather to improve but it wasn’t going to happen. So it was a case of making the best of what I had.

The light isn't great, but there hasn't been any good light this weekend so far and you;ve managed to get out and get your shot :)
Do the walls either side lean in for real, or is there some perspective that could be adjusted out?

I did give the image a bit of a straighten, but it does actually lean in a little for real.

Hi Mandy
seems you are getting off to a great start to your weekly project.

really like the gate image leading away to the left, as others have said such a shame about the sky but the weather has been pants lately.

people theme, well they are people even if edible ones :) so good take on that.

the stark castle is nice as well, and I think you have chosen the right side to capture, seems an interesting place and I bet it could tell a few stories.

A very interesting shot for stark, I like ruins. Pity about the sky being so dull, but I don't think we'll ever see a blue sky again in this country...

... thankfully the sky was rubbish, it adds ti the starkness. o_O

Great looking ruin, I know what you mean about the light being pants this time of year....

Hi Mandy
seems you are getting off to a great start to your weekly project.

really like the gate image leading away to the left, as others have said such a shame about the sky but the weather has been pants lately.

people theme, well they are people even if edible ones :) so good take on that.

the stark castle is nice as well, and I think you have chosen the right side to capture, seems an interesting place and I bet it could tell a few stories.

I like that,it fits the brief nicely. Took a look on your Flickr and there is so much more detail.

A very interesting shot for stark, I like ruins. Pity about the sky being so dull, but I don't think we'll ever see a blue sky again in this country...

... thankfully the sky was rubbish, it adds ti the starkness. o_O

Great looking ruin, I know what you mean about the light being pants this time of year....

Hi Mandy :)

Stark - I think the uprights could do with a small tweak, other than that I am really liking your idea and they way you have captured it looking up a hill :)

Thanks all for the comments and for looking.

Certainly stark against the skyline and I like how you have captured some of the smooth outside walls contrasting against the complex ruined interior.

Hi Mandy

Stark nice find and well done for getting out even when the light wasn't brilliant.

Can't beat an edible prop and jelly babies are one of the best. Not much to say except maybe would have avoided the grout line. A nice shot for stark, another one that might have worked in B&W too :D

interesting building would be worth a revisit when the lights a little better

Can't beat an edible prop and jelly babies are one of the best. Not much to say except maybe would have avoided the grout line. A nice shot for stark, another one that might have worked in B&W too :D

Stark - lovely ruins good detail in the larger image on flickr

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Well another rainy day for me that got of to a fun start when the Jag had a puncture, and the jack supplied with the car couldn't take the weight of the car and collapsed. Thankfully after some messing about my friend got his cars spare wheel on and got the car parked so we were able to set off in my car and head to Stourhead for the day in search of something to fit the theme.

Week 4 - Theme - Over

Palladian Bridge looking " Over " at the Pantheon at Stourhead.

Over by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Very nicely done. Captured so well.

Only went there once when down that way and as it got to the area where you took that , it p**sed down and never stopped

Nice image for Over Mandy there's some nice cloud detail in the clouds too.

Well another rainy day for me that got of to a fun start when the Jag had a puncture, and the jack supplied with the car couldn't take the weight of the car and collapsed. Thankfully after some messing about my friend got his cars spare wheel on and got the car parked so we were able to set off in my car and head to Stourhead for the day in search of something to fit the theme.

Week 4 - Theme - Over

Palladian Bridge looking " Over " at the Pantheon at Stourhead.

Over by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Lovely image - a peaceful setting with a beautiful surrounding. Shame the weather wasn't kinder - but you have done well - it seems the weather suits your image with the clouds adding interest.

Lovely photo Mandy

Nice composition, it's level, nice detail in the clouds, overall nice colours and realistic feel to it.

Pete

Nice landscape shot for the theme, I was convinced it was in West Wycombe, as they have the bridge over looking the folly thing like that.

Great framing that deserves an early morning summer reshoot....

Oh that's very picturesque Mandy ... reflection, interest in sky. I'm surprised we haven't seen more bridges this week. (y)

Nice image for Over Mandy there's some nice cloud detail in the clouds too.
Lovely photo Mandy

Nice composition, it's level, nice detail in the clouds, overall nice colours and realistic feel to it.

Pete

Nice landscape shot for the theme, I was convinced it was in West Wycombe, as they have the bridge over looking the folly thing like that.

Great framing that deserves an early morning summer reshoot....

Over

A nice tranquil scene and fits the theme well. Shame about the weather being a bit pants.

Oh that's very picturesque Mandy ... reflection, interest in sky. I'm surprised we haven't seen more bridges this week. (y)

Thank you all so much for the comments and for taking the time to look.

The image for Stark is very much on theme, though with that light maybe it would look better in mono? Very nice image for Over. I've also posted a bridge, in fact I took shots of four different bridges yesterday!

Over - I like the deep tones, great landscape shot good view point

The image for Stark is very much on theme, though with that light maybe it would look better in mono? Very nice image for Over. I've also posted a bridge, in fact I took shots of four different bridges yesterday!

Personally, the dull lighting and the moody clouds adds to the image for me.
I'm not sure that a bright sunny day would do it justice.

Over - I like the deep tones, great landscape shot good view point

Thank you all for your comments.

Back