weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

Thanks, I was sat at home editing that image and i did do a version in Monochrome but I just couldn't make my mind up on what to post.

Well, there you go - great minds....! :D You could always post another version here in your thread...

That is fine gate you have captured it well and not lost the detail in the landscape behind

I think I know where this is, and feel you have selected a nice angle that conveys the rural isolation of the area really well.

I like the gate shot in both mono and colour. Very good angle to isolate it against the sky.

Lovely cottages in your area, I like the composition with the water, but I wonder if you could have gone a bit wider on the right hand side.

The first version of your gate picture does it for my. Impressive gate, keeping the riff-raff out of an empty field :) Great PoV!

Lovely cottages in your area, I like the composition with the water, but I wonder if you could have gone a bit wider on the right hand side.

The first version of your gate picture does it for my. Impressive gate, keeping the riff-raff out of an empty field :) Great PoV!

Thanks for the comments, I could of gone wider on the right of the image, but there was parked cars and people which would of spoilt the look I was going for. I did wait for some time to see if they would move and give me a clear shot at the entire row, but it wasn't to be on that day and it was a tad cold.

Nice image Mandy, I actually really like the B&W second one you've put up, looks very moody and atmospheric!

This gate is quite bizarre, what's it doing there, where's the palace gone, but I must say the setting makes for more interesting. Great detail.

I have had a good first week back at work in a new location not to far from me, had a busy weekend with getting two front tyres on the car in readiness for the MOT. So this for me is a bit of a PABD, and a bit of a twist on the theme. I had hoped for a better image as i was photographing a band locally last night but due to poor lighting, and a small venue I didnt come away with anything suitable for the theme, onwards to the next theme.

Week 2 - Theme - Jelly Baby " People "

people (2) by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well someone had to do it - nice grouting ;)

I like that Mandy nice fun image.

I does like its not quite level but that may just be me.

And what did you do to the poor little green one to make him/her cry :ROFLMAO:

Good idea for the theme, jelly babies are people too, I wonder if you could have composed it to avoid the grout line

Yes, I guess jelly babies are people too... Nice colours and letterbox crop works well!

I like that Mandy nice fun image.

I does like its not quite level but that may just be me.

And what did you do to the poor little green one to make him/her cry :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for dropping by and commenting, as for the green one I told it I had to eat it.

Good idea for the theme, jelly babies are people too, I wonder if you could have composed it to avoid the grout line

Thanks for dropping by, now that I think about it I may have been able to move it over a bit, to avoid the grout line.

Yes, I guess jelly babies are people too... Nice colours and letterbox crop works well!

Thanks for dropping by.

Not into lego figures, but Jelly Babies I love.

Pete

Thanks for dropping by.

BG could be better but you know that a bit more effort would have helped

BG could be better but you know that a bit more effort would have helped

Hi Mandy and good luck with your 52 this year, really like your choice of subject, those Jelly Babies are very cute, I do agree with Allan on the background, but you get to eat the props that’s a real bonus.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Is that your kitchen Mandy? I think we've seen those tiles before at some point ;)
I don't mind that you've used this as a background, it works as the background and work surface are pretty well colour matched.

Is that your kitchen Mandy? I think we've seen those tiles before at some point ;)
I don't mind that you've used this as a background, it works as the background and work surface are pretty well colour matched.

Correct it is my kitchen and the jelly babies are sat on a tile sample I got from Wickes when I still worked for them, thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Fun choice for the them, I think the Background colour and texture suits it and edible props are always a bonus

It's not so bad ... the mottled BG works quite well with the sugary coated state of the jelly babes.

Back