weekly Marsha's 2015 photo 52! Still catching up!

Hi Marsha ... #1 watery for me too ... colour version.

Hi Marsha - another vote for the first watery shot - very dramatic :)

and I like your relax shot too :)

Hi Marsha,

watery ones are, of course, spectacular.

I particularly like your flight-deck picture, superb - though there is a bit of fringing on the edge of the instrument binnacle - bit of a jagged edge. I'm sure that it was something that couldn't be helped under the circumstances, as, looking at your pics, I doubt that there's anything that I could tell you, that you don't already know.

Just out of interest, what type of aircraft was that?

Beautiful picture,

Karl

Hi Hun

Companion......2nd image of Jack for me... he's nicely framed between the tree's ,great DOF & his expression is priceless :clap:

Watery......oh yes , mono's seem to have way more punch,and those are some cracking waves :clap: ps...thanks for jogging my memory about Topaz adjust...managed to buy it last year & never downloaded it....old age has a lot to answer for :ROFLMAO:

Relax......only you could get a shot like that ! All those switches n dials....& the view ...awesome :)

Last edited:
Watery - You’ve really captured the power of the sea with these two. I prefer #1 - not sure why though.

Relax - Certainly a shoehorn. LOL The thing that disappointed me was the fact that the cuddly toy wasn’t the pilot’s.

Loving Relax. Nice colours and well handled dynamic range with the shadows light enough and yet the sjy not blown.
But shoudn't the Lemur have been looking where it was going? ;)
Thanks Tim, nah Lemurs don't need to be able to see where they're going!

Hi Marsha

Watery - Love #1 in colour and the mono, but mono just pinches it for me.

Great photo.

Thank you Darren.

Hi Marsha ... #1 watery for me too ... colour version.

Hi Marsha - another vote for the first watery shot - very dramatic :)

and I like your relax shot too :)

Cheers David and Lorraine.

Hi Marsha,

watery ones are, of course, spectacular.

I particularly like your flight-deck picture, superb - though there is a bit of fringing on the edge of the instrument binnacle - bit of a jagged edge. I'm sure that it was something that couldn't be helped under the circumstances, as, looking at your pics, I doubt that there's anything that I could tell you, that you don't already know.

Just out of interest, what type of aircraft was that?

Beautiful picture,

Karl

Hi Karl, I see the jagged edge in the smaller version on the forum, but I can't see it on the full sized image! I'll be honest though, this is a composite of two images! I did try and get the metering right in camera, but I didn't have time to play around really!

Oh and it's the RAF's shiny new Airbus A330-200 otherwise known to us as Voyager.

Hi Hun

Companion......2nd image of Jack for me... he's nicely framed between the tree's ,great DOF & his expression is priceless :clap:

Watery......oh yes , mono's seem to have way more punch,and those are some cracking waves :clap: ps...thanks for jogging my memory about Topaz adjust...managed to buy it last year & never downloaded it....old age has a lot to answer for :ROFLMAO:

Relax......only you could get a shot like that ! All those switches n dials....& the view ...awesome :)

Cheers Lynne, thanks for the nudge to convert to mono, I do forget to try that!

Yes, it was a great view. Shame Sophie got scared and we had to leave!

Watery - You’ve really captured the power of the sea with these two. I prefer #1 - not sure why though.

Relax - Certainly a shoehorn. LOL The thing that disappointed me was the fact that the cuddly toy wasn’t the pilot’s.

Thanks Peter. I'm pretty sure the pilot has a cuddly toy somewhere!

Right I've had a pretty big job on these last few weeks. I'm all sorted there now and have a few days with the family. The camera is coming with me and I'm planing on my catch up and getting back in to the 52's!

Thanks Hazel. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Right, where has the year gone already? Someone thought it would be a good idea to start doing photography as a business, part time, but boy it's burgled a lot of my time. But my workflow has sped up somewhat and I have decided it's time to start giving my 'hobby' some proper time as well!

I have been watching the themes and shooting with the theme in mind, but just not being awake enough to get it uploaded!

So it's catch up time!

Bold, this theme did not inspire me with much enthusiasm other than finding some bold lettering, which is pretty dull!

Then the school held it's London's burning event for my daughters year. Do they do this in the UK? To me it's a bold decision actively starting a fire with a bunch of kids watching! Shoehorn anyone?

Bold

Obviously no firemen were hurt in the taking of this shot!

I do have much better photos with great expressions from the kids. But the school is quite protective about posting photos of other people small people on line! So this is the most obscured one I had!

Vertical.

Possibly another shoe horn required!

Welcome to Cyprus, where health and safety does not exist! This guy was just climbing around the brickwork cleaning the windows, no safety harness, nada! One teeny slip and it's straight down on to concrete where my husbands SAR skills would have been required!

Vertical

Mouth, another one where the obvious was just so dull!

Then the migratory season started and the swallows arrived. This very beautiful family are regular guests at the hotel that is my children school. I got some very funny looks stood on a bench trying to catch them in action. Not a difficult thing as mum and dad are regular visitors, apart from diving at me once I spent a happy hour watching them! Alas it was heavily overcast and poor lighting so getting the focus sharp was a struggle as the chicks were unsurprisingly rather fidgety when food arrived! I am hoping to go back tomorrow morning with a step ladder to get a better angle!

Mouth

I am not expecting C&C for any of my shots as I have been AWOL for ages, but I am on the catch up!

Mouth: What a lovely photograph. A crop to the birds so as to remove the big white pot thing might be better but very good nevertheless.

Close Up: Mad cat indeed; I think it fits the theme OK.

Last edited:
Cactus Cat! I see what you did there!

I like it Marsha. Your composition choice for the fronds(?) of the plant works really well to spread out across the frame. The cat is a real added bonus. Mouth is also a great capture. Super "moment in nature" thing.

Brill!

Marsha 4 great pictures all well timed and well spotted all make me feel I really need to get out of the comfort zone of my home and take some pictures of real things.

Love the cat in the tree not sure if cats are brave or stupid which takes me to vertical funny how our Euro brothers and Sisters love there health and safety then your bold is another nice capture surprised with our H&S all the kids are not in hard hats goggles and hi vis jackets.
Last but not least mouth my fav of the set another brilliantly timed capture but a super set all of them :clap:

Good catch up Marsha. Both Mouth and Close Up are beautifully captured. (y)

Last edited:
Hi Marsha,

that's a good catch up. Bold was a pretty difficult theme, but I see your thinking behind the shot (and I need to hold on to the shoehorn for future themes).
vertical - scary stuff indeed, though if I'm honest it doesn't really say vertical to me
mouth - the best of the bunch, it's a great shot, and it must have been good to be able to sit & watch the poor parents feeding their hungry brood
Close up - cats seem to be able to walk just about anywhere don't they? Well spotted and shot!
:)

Now then missus, good to see you back here again.... bout bloomin time:p

As said on Fb...the Birds feeding their young is great, must be wonderful being able to watch them so close up (y)

Your kitty is seems to be enjoying her new found home for life .....lovely natural shot :)

Well captured flames in Bold......

Good catch up - now keep it going (y)

bold, vertical, mouth, close up - all very well made :) my faves are mouth and vertical - you could have done a double with vertical cos he's being very bold too :clap:

Some interesting submissions there, Marsha, I like the movement in the wings of Mouth, well captured.

Close up...ouch, that's gotta be painful.

Vertical, H&S in other countries baffles me sometimes :)

Cheers.

Love Mouth and Close Up and living in Spain I see similar sights too :D Lots of detail and a very clear image too of the family of swallows (y)

Mouth: What a lovely photograph. A crop to the birds so as to remove the big white pot thing might be better but very good nevertheless.

Close Up: Mad cat indeed; I think it fits the theme OK.

Thanks Martin, Ihave been back and attempted to photograph the swallows again, but they were a bit nervous!

Cactus Cat! I see what you did there!

I like it Marsha. Your composition choice for the fronds(?) of the plant works really well to spread out across the frame. The cat is a real added bonus. Mouth is also a great capture. Super "moment in nature" thing.

Cheers Ian.

Marsha 4 great pictures all well timed and well spotted all make me feel I really need to get out of the comfort zone of my home and take some pictures of real things.

Love the cat in the tree not sure if cats are brave or stupid which takes me to vertical funny how our Euro brothers and Sisters love there health and safety then your bold is another nice capture surprised with our H&S all the kids are not in hard hats goggles and hi vis jackets.
Last but not least mouth my fav of the set another brilliantly timed capture but a super set all of them :clap:

Thanks Simon. I think my problem is getting out too much, I need to stay in more and practice more table top stuff!

I think my cat falls in to the slightly stupid bracket! She's currently sat squashed behind me, as a re scue cat she has to be within touching distance of me whenever she can and that proves entertaining sometimes!

Good catch up Marsha. Both Mouth and Close Up are beautifully captured. (y)
Cheers

that's a good catch up. Bold was a pretty difficult theme, but I see your thinking behind the shot (and I need to hold on to the shoehorn for future themes).
vertical - scary stuff indeed, though if I'm honest it doesn't really say vertical to me
mouth - the best of the bunch, it's a great shot, and it must have been good to be able to sit & watch the poor parents feeding their hungry brood
Close up - cats seem to be able to walk just about anywhere don't they? Well spotted and shot! :)

Lol Lorraine I love a shoehorn :D

Vertical, well it's straight down if he slips!!!

bold, vertical, mouth, close up - all very well made :) my faves are mouth and vertical - you could have done a double with vertical cos he's being very bold too :clap:
Thanks Summer, I did think about entering the window cleaner for bold!

Now then missus, good to see you back here again.... bout bloomin time:p

As said on Fb...the Birds feeding their young is great, must be wonderful being able to watch them so close up (y)

Your kitty is seems to be enjoying her new found home for life .....lovely natural shot :)

Well captured flames in Bold......

Good catch up - now keep it going (y)

Hi Lynne :wave: I believe I am suffering photographers block, this week has been a struggle! Staring at the pc/ camera with no idea what to do :wacky::coffee: Attempting to drag myself out of it!

The swallows are amazing, they're also everywhere! We drive or walk along and there all over the place scooping up bugs to feed their babes, just wish I had some clue and lightning responses to photograph them in flight!

Bold, I have much better shots!

I am going to write a list of what's missing and get working on the gaps!

Some interesting submissions there, Marsha, I like the movement in the wings of Mouth, well captured.

Close up...ouch, that's gotta be painful.

Vertical, H&S in other countries baffles me sometimes :)

Lol Andy, I don't think they know the meaning of H&S here! Whereas we take it too far they don't do any! Using a digger with someone in the bucket to fix street lights or anything else up high is a classic!

The cat never got hurt, amazingly! I have trimmed the lower damaged leaves now and haven't seen her up there since!!!

Many thanks for the kind comments everyone, it's greatly appreciated.

Crowd

It bothers me when I haven't got a theme done, and this theme has bothered me as crowds in Cyprus are not that easy to find just now!

So the swallows have starred again!

With five rather large chicks things are getting rather crowded in that nest!

Five in a nest.

Hi Marsha ...good to see you back with some super shots,....stand out for me is your cat in the cactus and your birds in the nest. The birds are really cute and look great on Flickr, smashing detail, the parents must be so busy keeping that little brood well fed.

Great one of your little girl on her bike too :)

Hi, Crowd, they look very snug :) I think it would benefit from a light crop to remove some of the lower left. Lovely detail in the chicks, though.

Relax, he looks so relaxed. I'd like to see a little more of him, but again, really nice detail.

Machine, this is a belter. Really liking the cool tones, low angle very shallow DOF.

Sound, kids, eh, on theme, maybe a slightly different angle so drummer wasn't obscured by the drums.

Good catch up.

Cheers.

Sound: Excellent interpretation and suitably focused too on the child in the front; good job.

A great catch up Marsha! Having tried to shoot a robin's nest last year with only limited success, I know just how frustrating it can be to get all the little heads poking out and in focus at the same time, so I'm really impressed with that one :clap:

Loving the humour in Sound :D

Good catch up Marsha ... I'm really liking Machine ... good action, low POV and lovely DOF. (y)

Back