weekly Marsha's photo 52 2012 is complete. NSF Dieters!

Thanks, Andrew, Michael, Matt and Mark.

jgs001 said:
Direction : It's a clear direction, so works well... I think the colour popping it has helped, as the mono background has helped it look like it's in snow... I think a little more space to the right and not having the wire as is, not sure whether it would look best removed, or try to make a feature of it in some way... but well done.

Fear : A clever idea, and welcome to the group using toys :D... It's sharp in all the right places... I like it... the only thing I would say... your lego pirate looks rather happy, instead of afraid :D

I may try and edit my direction shot, but the sign is in the loft until Christmas so I'll have to use some of my ltd photoshop skills!

John I couldn't find a 'scared' figure, my selection is limited!

superpippo said:
I don't think that it matters that you did not get any condensation on the breath because her attitude upwards, the curve of her body and the serene look on her face just exhudes a calm peaceful sigh as if she is thinking 'what a nice day to be alive'

Hahahaha, this is so NOT my little girl! She's a spirited critter and this was a snap right before I dragged her home to stop her moaning! She had been cooped up ill all week so I do think she enjoyed being out again though.

posiview said:
Sigh...loving this one. A bit of fill flash would have really made it pop...but I suspect you had no time. I tried a few crops but, well, I think it stands up well as it is. Great pose.

Nope this was a total grab shot. I nearly deleted it too! But thankfully I've learnt my lesson to ignore the LCD screen and wait to see it on the computer! I have cropped it already to make the pole lead in from the bottom corner, I also tried to recover some of the detail with photoshop.

Thank you all for your lovely comments and sorry if I've missed you out.

Sigh - That's a really nice picture of your daughter with a good lead in line and great DoF. The skin tones are very good too. A difficult theme this week but a very good interpretation (y)

Lovely take on sigh Marsha, love the way my eye get taken up the rail before getting to you're daughter, lovely DOF as well. Agree maybe a little fill flash would of made it pop.

Certainly one of the best efforts for this hard theme, well done you :)

So I have been really quite ill this week and the thought of eating much, let alone sweets hasn't really appealed!

As I have been popping pills like smarties I decided to shoot them instead!

But being slightly biased I also had to include my rather sweet little boy! He's just woken up here and cuddling one of his many comfy toys!

As I'm feeling better I may still shoot some of my sweetie mountain!

Wow, are you sure those pills weren't from the vet!? Great pin sharp shot!

Love the picture of your son; it manages to be candid and posed at the sme time, and is deffinately sweet!

Marshall194 said:
If I am rite that is a hardcore mix of pills but a top photo good work!
Thanks. The small round pills are only 6mm across (Prednisolone) which probably explains why you have to take a handful each day!! The smaller capsule is good old Amoxycillin with prescription strength cocodamol bringing up the rear!

Southdowns said:
Wow, are you sure those pills weren't from the vet!? Great pin sharp shot!

Love the picture of your son; it manages to be candid and posed at the sme time, and is deffinately sweet!
Thank you. The one that says G30/500 could probably take down a horse, it's that strong!

My son doesn't sit still for long, so grabbing him half asleep (with a well placed cartoon) helped! A tweak in the levels has helped darken the sofa.

Just curious but is there any exif info on my photos? I load them via Flickr but I can't find the details on TP. Would it help to have the info?

Last edited:
Hi Marsha,

I hope you are feeling a bit better now and sorry to hear you've been ill. It has made for a good photo opportunity though and I really like your shot.

Nick

Hi Marsha.....'pologies for not popping in sooner...I've missed some great shots from you :)

Sigh....love it...really says the theme...top stuff :clap:

Sweet....neat idea & great thinking...well shot, nice layout & good focus (y)

Fear...pick of the images for me...love it...great colors , sharp ....fab idea & humerous...excellent :clap::clap:

Really look forward to seeing your next images...hope you're feeling better as well (y)

blondie606 said:
Fear...pick of the images for me...love it...great colors , sharp ....fab idea & humerous...excellent :clap::clap:
:ty: Lynne

Cheers Michael I am feeling a little better but not 100% yet. I want to get outdoor for this weeks theme but I may struggle!

Get well soon Marsha :)

A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, you're son is very sweet, eyes perfectly in focus. What that photo like in Black & White?

I'll go with #2 of your little boy Marsha, looks a lovely little lad and well taken - don't really like the medicines/sweets angle.

Hi Marsha,

Sorry to hear you've been ill...but if this is what you can do when you're not well, you're gonna be rockin when your 100%!

Direction- North Pole, do like this one, red lettering is spot on.
Fear- Not only did it make me laugh, it is also very well composed and shot.
Sigh - I've seen that "not again" look many times when I bring out my camera! Well captured.
Sweet- yep I can relate to that one, I eat prednisolone like sweets too, but mine aren't nearly so photogenic! I like the colours in this one but imho it can't beat the picture of your wee boy...he is real sweet. It is a lovely portrait.

Carol

I'll go with #2 of your little boy Marsha, looks a lovely little lad and well taken - don't really like the medicines/sweets angle.
Thanks, he is lovely when he's not having a tantrum! We get the best cuddles when he's just woken up!
Sorry to hear you've been ill...but if this is what you can do when you're not well, you're gonna be rockin when your 100%!
Aww thank you for the kind words. I was really quite ill with a chest infection when I took the photo of the pills, but it concentrates your mind to get it done quickly!

I'm learning a lot on this project already, more so how to get the shot you want in less than a billion attempts!

Now I'm off to upload my 'secure' shots.

So, I'm still signed off sick :shrug: I am 'better' just a complete loss of voice = no ability to work! I had a doctors appointment Monday morning so I took my camera and grabbed a few shots on the way home!

I tried this one at F2.8 and one at F11, this one looked far better! It's not quite the image I was after but hey ho.

Secure the camp.

And then tonight my little girl was in a whiny mood and needing cuddles with Daddy! How could I refuse?

Safe and secure in Daddy's arms

I used this to practice my photoshop skills on, all critique and advice to improve it are greatly appreciated.

I will try to not make this a photo 52 of my kids!

Last edited:
Hi Marsha,

#1 I like this and your use of DOF works well, I also like the colours of the lichen on the concrete posts. The fence seems to go on forever which shows how secure it must be.

#2 I love this, your daughter looks so secure in her daddys arms - you can't get a much better example than this.

Well done I look forward to seeing more of your photos in the next few weeks!

Sigh

Well, I had the idea to take a photo showing the cold air as you breathe out, but by time I got my little girl out of the house it was too late. So I asked her to sigh, she leant back over this pole as if to sigh and say 'more photos!'

I took this on Saturday morning and had other ideas to take more but winter bugs stopped play!

Love the composition the capture and you can almost feel the sigh!

So I have been really quite ill this week and the thought of eating much, let alone sweets hasn't really appealed!

As I have been popping pills like smarties I decided to shoot them instead!

But being slightly biased I also had to include my rather sweet little boy! He's just woken up here and cuddling one of his many comfy toys!

As I'm feeling better I may still shoot some of my sweetie mountain!

Not really getting sweet from the pills at all I'm afraid, as for youre little one, he's sweet as all little uns are (y) (usually) :LOL:

So, I'm still signed off sick :shrug: I am 'better' just a complete loss of voice = no ability to work! I had a doctors appointment Monday morning so I took my camera and grabbed a few shots on the way home!

I tried this one at F2.8 and one at F11, this one looked far better! It's not quite the image I was after but hey ho.

Secure the camp.

And then tonight my little girl was in a whiny mood and needing cuddles with Daddy! How could I refuse?

Safe and secure in Daddy's arms

I used this to practice my photoshop skills on, all critique and advice to improve it are greatly appreciated.

I will try to not make this a photo 52 of my kids!

Liking both shots, great use of depth of field on the first and a real "strength and security" feeling from the second.

Back