weekly Matt.c's 52 2013

Name
matt
Edit My Images
No
WEEK 4 ADDED post 43

hi and welcome to my thread for this years 52 challenge im looking forward to this and will be posting new pictures for each week (not previously taken ones) i welcome any comments or criticism for my pics so ....here goes :)

Last edited:
here is my pic for week 1 ....sin

untitled-1-2_zps41bd2b29.jpg

Hi Matt

Sin - That looks very nice, liking the pov and the shallow dof, very effective and a great start, looking forward to your next 51 (y)

PS. don't forget to add a link to this thread/image on the main photo posting thread (Just a link under your photo you have put up), as most will just subscribe to that one and use it for jumping to threads - that *** they don't overlook anybody :)

Hi Matt

Sin - That looks very nice, liking the pov and the shallow dof, very effective and a great start, looking forward to your next 51 (y)

PS. don't forget to add a link to this thread/image on the main photo posting thread (Just a link under your photo you have put up), as most will just subscribe to that one and use it for jumping to threads - that *** they don't overlook anybody :)

thanks for that :) and link added :D

Great start Matt - as above love the DOF and viewpoint - not too sure about the pink background though. Although there's plenty of detail in the chips that it doesn't distract too much though. (y)

Hi, Matt, the Sin of chocolate :D

Looking the low angle and shallow DOF.

WB looks slightly out and there are a few distractions in the BG, the black upper right corner, being one.

Welcome aboard and week 1 done :clap:

Hi Matt, love the composition, Cake looks just like that when I look at it as it goes into my mouth. Strong start!

hi .. thanks for the comments ..it was a spur of the moment picture (before the kids ate it) so i was limited with lighting (speedlight on top of camera) i'd liked to have set it up off camera....maybe next time :) and as it was already on the table i took the picture then and there lol

matt

OOh that looks sinful
Nice sharp focus, and given more time ( i bet it never lasted long) I'd widen dof and get rear chocolate texture in focus too
Is white balance a bit warm? looks a bit on the laptop
Nice tasty shot and a good start

Agree with Andy on the top right black but nice start otherwise

Very nice photo; great DoF, nice tones, and nicely composed. The background top right is maybe a little distracting, but that's my only crit :)

Agree with background comments already mentioned Matt but a nice take especially the DOF.

thanks again for the comments ...will keep a better eye on my bg's in the future :) ......

Well after being stumped on what to use for this weeks subject i have decided on

(out of) season !!!!

untitled-4-3_zps8fde3156.jpg

Hi, Matt, interesting take. The FG vines :)thinking:) are a distraction for me and I feel it could do with a bit of colour boost.

Cheers.

thanks Andy ...was trying to keep it as natural as possible ... might have a wee play in lr :)

Last edited:
have to agree with Christine on this, nice idea "out of season" but a better view might have helped

fair comments :)... i thought about a crop but then it would just be an off coloured chilli, i left the dead vegitation in as part of the overall composition and to give the feeling of having to look "through" the dead plant to see the actual chilli

At first it looked like one was trying to escape through a hole in the wood, but then I enlarged it and it was just a shadow at the end. :) Different take on the theme, and I think it works well.

Matt, it's a great idea, but I agree that the OOF foreground is distracting in this case. I think the dead foliage around the chili would have been enough to signal the out of season message!

Hi Ya

looks like a difficult shot to take from any angle...I'd be tempted to crop the LHS to just after the ofof brown leaf/twig thing...there's plenty on the RHS to still give it contest . The point of cous is spot on & the color looks nicely natural :)

here is my offering for week 3 :) due to the way my shifts are this month its easier for me to load my pics up on a sunday

enjoy

untitled-2-5_zps30bf1745.jpg

That's a really lovely shot, the buds and the two drops look perfectly in focus. I wasn't quite sure about the crop though; was there a reason for including so much space to the right?

Lovely sharpness in the second drop, really nice.
I agree with the above really, more isolation on the second drop and you'd have a really nice shot there!

Hi Matt. Fabulous focus and dof and what appears to be reflections in the droplets. Can'd add any more - great job done.

Back