weekly mercurius's 52 in 2014: catch up Weeks 28 - 31

Hi
Now they are odd a little bit scary, what on earth were they selling?
Good start

I do like that - I assume they were all just waiting to be redressed and put in the window once more?

Great image, definitely odd, (y)

Great start to your 52 challenge and yes those mannequins do look rather spooky.
Thanks for your comment.

Hi
Now they are odd a little bit scary, what on earth were they selling?
Good start
Thanks, it's a clothes shop. All they had in the window though was these rather scary looking beasts.

Now thats what you call odd. for me the framing with implied chopped heads adds to the drama. Looks great in gritty mono too. Like it alot (y)
Thank you.

I do like that - I assume they were all just waiting to be redressed and put in the window once more?
Yes, I assume they were waiting to be re-dressed, but oddly they had been left in the front window just like this.

Your pp suits that perfectly and it certainly is odd.
Thank you.

Great start. Very disturbing photograph which I like.
Cheers.
Sorry - didn't mean to frighten anyone!

Great image, definitely odd, (y)
Thank you

Well....hellooooo again , good to see you joining in the fun for a 2nd year :clap:

Not sure about ODD...more sort of freaky :eek:

Like the mono ,good detail in the fabric...well spotted matey :clap:

Looks like there are some spooky creature eyes in the background too :exit:
Hadn't spotted them before - really spooky!

Well....hellooooo again , good to see you joining in the fun for a 2nd year :clap:

Not sure about ODD...more sort of freaky :eek:

Like the mono ,good detail in the fabric...well spotted matey :clap:
Couldn't stay away from the party! Thanks for your comments.

Hi, considering there are interesting buildings everywhere I very rarely photograph them.

On theme and some nice detail. They look like a one of soldiers.

Crit, I suspect a higher vantage point wasn't available, which is a pity. Looks a little flat on iPad and the looks to be some detail in the sky you could have brought out.

I did a quick edit in Snapseed to address the flatness and sky and it made it pop.

Cheers.

I like the texture but as posiview says, its a bit flat. More detail in the sky would give image depth and filled the frame I think. I think the framing though. :D

Lovely shot great take on the theme.
Thank you.

Hi, considering there are interesting buildings everywhere I very rarely photograph them.

On theme and some nice detail. They look like a one of soldiers.

Crit, I suspect a higher vantage point wasn't available, which is a pity. Looks a little flat on iPad and the looks to be some detail in the sky you could have brought out.

I did a quick edit in Snapseed to address the flatness and sky and it made it pop.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. You're right, I couldn't get a higher POV. I'll have another go at processing it to see if I can get a bit more pop.

I really like this one (as I said a moment ago ....on the wrong threàd :oops: :$)
It remind me of the fabulous chimneys on Hampton Court.
Thanks for your comment. Yes, they look similar, but they're about a couple of hundred years earlier.

I like the texture but as posiview says, its a bit flat. More detail in the sky would give image depth and filled the frame I think. I think the framing though. :D
I'll try harder!:)

Nice improvement on the second 1, more contrast had really brought it out. Strong composition too,well done!

Hi, reprocessed image is much better, nice comp and well spotted its amazing what you miss if you don't look up

Yep definitely prefer the edit and well done for not overdoing it.

The chimneys look familiar for some reason..........Just spent a few minutes googling and found they are in Wells. I few years since I've been there.

Nice improvement on the second 1, more contrast had really brought it out. Strong composition too,well done!
Thanks. I thought I had overdone it with the HDR look, particularly in the sky in the bottom right hand corner.

Hi, reprocessed image is much better, nice comp and well spotted its amazing what you miss if you don't look up
Thanks Allan.

Yep definitely prefer the edit and well done for not overdoing it.

The chimneys look familiar for some reason..........Just spent a few minutes googling and found they are in Wells. I few years since I've been there.
Thanks. Yes. you're absolutely right, it is Wells.

Reprocessed image is much better you've put some detail back into the sky and the colours pop nicely in the pots - nice composition and an excellent spot (y)

I like the chimneys in the first one but prefer the sky in the second :D you can't please some people eh?

Nice composition, I really like the corner to corner of the row.

Reprocessed image is much better you've put some detail back into the sky and the colours pop nicely in the pots - nice composition and an excellent spot (y)
Thank you.

I like the chimneys in the first one but prefer the sky in the second :D you can't please some people eh?

Nice composition, I really like the corner to corner of the row.
Thank you Mark.

nice. I like the reprocess gives it a bit more "drama". However I keep looking at this, maybe its been a long day, but it seems to me like the chimneys are leaning back
I think you may be right about the chimneys leaning back. Must be my shaky hand doing the adjusting in LR!

Oh yes definetely the 2nd image... it's surprising what can be achieved when somebody points something out, that at the time we are oblivious too as the photo taker - what can I add not already said... nice stoney colour :D
Thanks DK. That's the benefit of this type of challenge, being pushed to do more with pictures than you could be bothered to do on your own!

Back