weekly mercurius's 52 in 2014: catch up Weeks 28 - 31

Hi Mercurius (still don't know your real name :D) unless that is your name?
Great start to your 52 this year, the edit on line is just perfect (y)
Play, needs a little something else :thinking:, I think the lower POV as has been mentioned would help it along.
Close, like the abstract feel, the high contrast and the crop on this, it just works (y)

Close - very nice take on the theme. I think the B&W really compliments this image well.

Close - Now that I really like, plenty of detail in the image and the trees sure are close together, the PP works very well for me too, super shot (y)
Thank you DK.

I've always been a fan of this shot ever since seeing a similar one by Ansel Adams.

I like the textures, contrast and lines.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I'm not aware of the Ansel Adams pic, but flattered to be even mentioned in the same breath!!!

Close - I like the lighting in this, the processing has given it a gritty feel which suits the image as far as I am concerned

Play - Pretty much been covered, I'd maybe have put the soldiers in the actual squares to give it more of a chess feel :thinking:

Close - Works really well nice B&W conversion well done :clap:
Thank you.

Close - I like the lighting in this, the processing has given it a gritty feel which suits the image as far as I am concerned
Thanks for commenting.

I like the silvery look to the trees, nicely dense as per the theme, pp great.
Thanks Mark. Glad to see you picked up on the silvery-ness of it.

Hello, another supporting vote for the post processing.
Thanks.

Close - is it HDR? or is that the processing? either way, it works for me!
No, it's not HDR. It's in the processing.

Hi
Play - good for the theme but execution not as good maybe. POV and lighting prob need consideration
Close - good comp and crop - suits the scale of the trees. Birch trees are good subjects for the b&w treatment and this has been done well. Wasn't sure at first about the processing but on reflection it has grown on me.

Liking your 'close' shot though it did take me a while to realise which theme (thought it was Lines) but that prob just me being a bit slow :oops: :$

Hi
Play - good for the theme but execution not as good maybe. POV and lighting prob need consideration
Close - good comp and crop - suits the scale of the trees. Birch trees are good subjects for the b&w treatment and this has been done well. Wasn't sure at first about the processing but on reflection it has grown on me.
Thanks Alan. I may come back to play later on. Not at all happy with it. Thanks for your comments on Close.

Hi, I really like the contrast and crop. A good subject for the mono conversion.
Thank you Marsha.

Abstact feel.....absolutely my thing. Cant fault it mate.
Thanks for your kind words, Jason. Appreciated.

Liking your 'close' shot though it did take me a while to realise which theme (thought it was Lines) but that prob just me being a bit slow :oops: :$
Thanks.

Play: lovely shot with perfect POV. What about placing the figures each on a square like a game of weird chess? (or could just be my OCD about the figures being on the lines :/ )

Close: another great shot. Perfectly suits the monochrome look :)

Week 2: Play .. distressed, ill-fitting plastic floor, plastic toys ... oh so colourful and powerful. (y)

Reflection definitely makes it (y) as mentioned, possibly a bit of a clean up in pp :)

Hi, all crit been given and can only agree with it, does have some nice tones in it

Back