North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
After a very successful meet at Brimham Rocks recently, photographs here, organised by @Mardybum and attended by @robphotographer @Phil-D, @randomwindows and myself it was suggested and unanimously voted that we have monthly Leeds (and local) meets.

The next one is scheduled for the 22 November and the thread is here.

So, here is where we all make suggestions for locations, what techniques we want to do/try/learn and suggested monthly dates.

I don't think there is the facility to see how many TP members are from Leeds (and local) but I know there will be plenty, so to paraphrase Tim Leary, Tune In, Turn On and Tog Out :)

Cheers all.

Last edited:
I'd be up for doing city stuff ,maybe round the docks at night time etc but am limited to weekend evenings as finish late from work most evenings..grr ! be interested in any landscape stuff as well, architecture .Would love to offer suggestions as to the " where" but no marginally less area's around Leeds than I do around my home town :)

I have been having a browse and saved some ideas to my pinterest from photos i have seen regarding light painting etc, its a pretty amazing creativity world is our oyster as they say

I'd be up for doing city stuff ,maybe round the docks at night time etc but am limited to weekend evenings as finish late from work most evenings..grr ! be interested in any landscape stuff as well, architecture .Would love to offer suggestions as to the " where" but no marginally less area's around Leeds than I do around my home town :)

Nice one, Lynne.

A coastal meet would be interesting I think. Saturday afternoon on the coast (wrapped up warm) then after dark 5.30ish a bit of light painting on the moors at Rosedale Abbey?

I'd need plenty of advanced warning for such a trip othwerwise Jackie will won't be happy :)

I have been having a browse and saved some ideas to my pinterest from photos i have seen regarding light painting etc, its a pretty amazing creativity world is our oyster as they say

I use Pintrest a lot - it's a great resource.

Cheers.

Nice one, Lynne.

I'd need plenty of advanced warning for such a trip othwerwise Jackie will won't be happy :)

I use Pintrest a lot - it's a great resource.

Cheers.

Coastal meet i am up for but would need notice as work etc...i dont think a coastal then Rosedale abbey shoot in same night would work though as its quite a trek driving(well for those driving that is) I still need to go to whitby as i never been :(

Is Pinterest pretty much the same as flickr? What's different ?

I rarely look for photograph on Flickr but do on Pinterest. I really like how Pinterest is organised and how you can create boards on different subjects, add to then, follow others boards, pin from them and the web in general.

Would not be without it...:)

Cheers.

having lost my mojo a bit am keen to get back out there so will be watching with interest, and may well make one in for Roundhay park as its not somewhere i've been

Is Pinterest pretty much the same as flickr? What's different ?

Flickr is your own personal work, as with pinterest you can search for inspiration with anything, i have boards with pins for food recipes and also graphic design stuff, like a digital mood board

having lost my mojo a bit am keen to get back out there so will be watching with interest, and may well make one in for Roundhay park as its not somewhere i've been

Are you from Leeds? as if u never been to roundhay park :O

Temple Newsam is on my door step

Especially at night with wire wool...:) Linky

Twil be good to see you again Liz..: Thumbs:

Especially when some nice dog walker finds your whisk the day after lol

That's where I bumped into you in spring I think? You were taking the spaniels for a walk....
Probably,,, best dog walking place around,,,, now if you fancy having a go at fast moving dog photography on one of these meets that can be arranged,,, I have 7 and all are up for playing ball throwing,,, posing etc, although this time of year that would need to be in daylight

Probably,,, best dog walking place around,,,, now if you fancy having a go at fast moving dog photography on one of these meets that can be arranged,,, I have 7 and all are up for playing ball throwing,,, posing etc, although this time of year that would need to be in daylight

I would be up for that i love dogs

St Aidens is a nice walk and normally plenty of things to photograph

January needs to be a daytime meet I reckon, if nothing else we'll be able to see each other!!!!
How about a RSPB St Aidens or Fairburn Ings walk about? Meet around 1pm for a few hours?

So Rich, you want to see Andy......well here's your wish!........you too can have nightmares...... like the rest of us have done in this years TP52 challenge :runaway:

Week 14 Natural 2
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

I am much for a daytime meet in january i have a week off at the start of the month

I'd be up for it I'll pay whoever dares to give me a lift for petrol ha and laughter you'll get good stories from me of my drunken antics at my staff party

Nice photo to btw. I passed at 7.30 this morning it was like a mirror, coming back around 3.30 was not as calm.

Cheers Rich, its not very often you see the water so calm on Scammy, its a windy old 'ole, .......exif says taken at 4.04pm, but it was 3.04, so again, you were driving past when we were there ..............spooky! :runaway:........................:LOL:

Back