Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Everyone is doing amazingly well, it's nice to see so many participate, well except me, i've managed one... well 2 if i count the starting one... i am going to try and get the pegs done this weekend but i have to buy (find/borrow) one first!..

Hopefully i will be more involved soon tho once i'm more sorted:D

The thread is certainly bringing out the creative and thinking side of everyone it seems - my only worry now is the first item that comes along that completely stumps me :LOL:

:agree: Yv, I am glad Trace was railroaded volunteered to run the thread ;)

I am sure it will happen at some stage to us all Yv but thats all part of the challenge eh?

Everyone is doing amazingly well, it's nice to see so many participate, well except me, i've managed one... well 2 if i count the starting one... i am going to try and get the pegs done this weekend but i have to buy (find/borrow) one first!..

Hopefully i will be more involved soon tho once i'm more sorted:D

No-ones noticed Trace ;)
I think you've got away with it :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: excellent! i'm still coming in here anyway so it's cool...

..................... my only worry now is the first item that comes along that completely stumps me :LOL:

Yes - that's my worry too - I take a good few days to work out an idea. And the first person that I need to to convince that it is a good one is me.

I like this thread because it is similar to what I was doing with friends/family - I asked them to give me something to photograph - could have been something out of a kitchen cupboard (eg a tin of beans! :)) or a family heirloom. But they have all done that now so this is a really good follow on.

I was given a wide range of things to photograph and learned a lot from it eg the difficulty of photographing glass objects. The ones I couldn't get anything out of were:

- a collection of golf 'buttons' - the things that golfers put down when they remove the golf ball - there were about 20 - all from different golf clubs .I ended up arranging them in a triangle - but wasn't really happy with it - I had tried using them to create a tree of 'fruit' but that wasn't any better

- a glass window dangler thing that was long and thin and I couldn't work out how to get it to fill the frame

But one family heirloom I was given - a spoon - worked out really well in the sense that the friend liked it so much she had had it blown up to a 60cm x 40cm picture and it is now on her kitchen wall.

Yes - that's my worry too - I take a good few days to work out an idea. And the first person that I need to to convince that it is a good one is me

Me too Chris, then quite often the original idea ends up being tweaked to make it work better!

Funnily enough, when this all started, in the other thread, I suggested a tin of beans, so when T gave it as a theme I knew exactly what I was going to do, very clear in my minds eye..... and of course, didn't. Partly due to the weather having suddenly changed and partly by being inspired by other photos already appearing in this thread to be more 'adventurous'. My day to day photography work more often than not involves people and even when it's 'products', it is straightforward stuff that shows an item off, rarely can imagination be allowed to do what it wants. So yes, I agree with that, its been about starting with an idea and then tweaking it, sometimes into something entirely different :LOL:

TP_P9211875.jpg

TP_P9211875.jpg

Yes - very good!

OK, I lied, I did actually get out of bed and take some photos...mainly because we had a full moon last night. I can only hope the neighbours didn't see me at some godforsaken hour trying to use OCF, and some pegs.... :cautious: :LOL:

Anyway, this is the result after some editing - not quite as dramatic as I hoped though I might do a better version if I can fit it in before Monday comes round again. So, without further ado...

PEG-ASUS :D

Peg-asus by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Like it. Very creative. On the technical side, very well exposed.

Cheers.

Hi, all, been a bit lax on this project :nono: but caught up with my comments.

My submission is below. I'm currently doing the TP52 and TP12 and I'm finding it quite hard to get out of the serious(ish) frame of mind that I have for these projects.

Also, wasn't until this afternoon that I noticed we didn't have any clothes pegs :bonk:

Peg for TP 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

:LOL: thats a cracker Andy.
Where do you find the time for all these challenges?

You lot should give yourselves a huge pat on the back with your peg photos...really well done and so nice to see everyone taking part and having a little fun!...:D

This weeks theme is............... Glasses

I shall leave the theme open to interpretation this week....:D

You lot should give yourselves a huge pat on the back with your peg photos...really well done and so nice to see everyone taking part and having a little fun!...:D

This weeks theme is............... Glasses

I shall leave the theme open to interpretation this week....:D

Glasses.

Like it.

Cheers.

I Like it and your take on the Shard; you have created a far nicer example .
But blimey, who has that many glasses?

I Like it and your take on the Shard; you have created a far nicer example .
But blimey, who has that many glasses?
Thank you. :)

They're from the works rest room cupboard.
This probably the first time most of them have been out since they were bought...

Thank you. :)

They're from the works rest room cupboard.
This probably the first time most of them have been out since they were bought...

Great take on the theme Vicky (y)

Working hard? or Hardly Working? :LOL:

Great take on the theme Vicky (y)

Working hard? or Hardly Working? :LOL:
Well, so far, everybody likes my pic. Now everybody has six days left to do something better. :cool:

Work can have periods of the latter. That's why I have a camera and a staff of Lego folk here. (y)

Back