Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 221 - Fire...

Got a call from Thedodo this evening to get my arse in gear, I didn't even notice the smoke that was passing right over my house so grabbed my camera and sprung into action (y)

221/366 (586) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This was taken from nearly 3 miles from the actual fire which really shows off the scale of the fire, to me the biggest shame of things like this is the fact that this is the destruction of peoples livelihoods :(

Matt
MWHCVT

nice shot well captured - do we know what was on fire ?

( I was living in bucks when buncefeild went up - that smoke plume looked like your pic from about 30 miles away)

(Btw I really must get my thread back in action - ive got a whole bunch of processed images waiting for time to sort out and upload)

nice shot well captured - do we know what was on fire ?

( I was living in bucks when buncefeild went up - that smoke plume looked like your pic from about 30 miles away)

(Btw I really must get my thread back in action - ive got a whole bunch of processed images waiting for time to sort out and upload)

Thanks, not bad I through for shooting into the sun and a single exposure :D I think more than anything this shows a: the power of RAW and b: the dynamic range of the 5D :D

Indeed I remember Buncefield :eek: now that was some fire :help:

As to the fire it was a company called NEY Limited http://www.ney.co.uk/

You do need to get your thread back up and running some of us are waiting to see what you've been upto :D

Matt

Nice dramatic capture there, Matt.

Cheers Bob, I ended up doing a full lap round the fire getting photo's from all different angles and locations :D

Good job it's my back yard so I know every single road and gate way :D

Matt

Im just viewing this on my phone. It looks awesome. Cracking sky and a lovely range of colours through out.

Thanks Michael, it was a difficult photo to get but I think this angle made it work the difficulty (y)

Matt

I saw this on my phone and waited until I could get it on 22inch monitor. That is a very good and striking photograph. Shame it is about a bad event though.

I saw this on my phone and waited until I could get it on 22inch monitor. That is a very good and striking photograph. Shame it is about a bad event though.

Thanks :D it really shows the power of fire :eek: I was hoping to get down there today and do a couple of aftermath photo's but it's still burning as I type this :(

So today is going to be a bird photo once I've finished editing it :D

Day 222 - Shy Soprano

This little guy was making a lot of noise which I why I noticed him but by the time I had my camera he had got shy and shut up :(

222/366 (587) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Getting worryingly close to day 600 god this is going fast :eek:

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 223 - A Daisy Day

I've been really busy today testing a couple of lens that I've hired (y) and setting up for my cousins wedding tomorrow...

223/366 (588) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

It's a safe bet that tomorrow will feature something from the wedding (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I see you've been doing flowers too (y)

nice shot , but i'd have cropped a teeny bit off the left hand edge to remove the little green lines coming in 2 thirs of the way up

I see you've been doing flowers too (y)

nice shot , but i'd have cropped a teeny bit off the left hand edge to remove the little green lines coming in 2 thirs of the way up

Maybe a crop is in order :D truth be told it was a bit of day saver, as never had time to do something in particular as the day just went to fast working till near 9pm and then driving round with no time to stop or decent location for a sunset :bang:

Just backing up from my cousins wedding, I may have got a little trigger happy as it's close to 40gb :bang: I guess I know what I'm going to be doing all week

Very nice Matt

Thanks Vince :D

Was it Fi's mate...?

No mate, Hancox side of the family (y) I've now got to process and image for my photo from yesterday, thankfully I have a thousand plus to choose from :LOL: but didn't get in till just a little after 4 :bang:

Day 224 - Oh Happy Day's

Yesterday I had the pleasure too shoot my cousins wedding, and while I've taken a lot of photo's I think that at this early stage this is my favourite photo, from there first dance, I shot this with the flare from the disco lighting in mind and since the wedding theme was B&W a strong conversion was the only way to take this image :D

I appreciate that this style of image will not be to everyone's taste but it was intentional and the bride loves it (y) which I guess is the most important thing (y)

224/366 (589) by mwhcvt, on Flickr
*please note that image is a slight update version taking on board Pete's great critique

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
thats a really nice first dance shot , mate - well done

being hyper fussy i might have cloned out , or at least dimmed the light trails and dots on the right, but that apart great job.

thats a really nice first dance shot , mate - well done

being hyper fussy i might have cloned out , or at least dimmed the light trails and dots on the right, but that apart great job.

Thanks Pete that really is appreciated (y) you know I was thinking that myself about those little light trails as they are a little bit of a distraction :bang:

Matt

Hi Matt

Been overwhelmed with work so not been on much, having had a quick flick through to get me up do date, I have to say the standout image for me is Day215 Stars and Stripes - Excellent :clap:

Thanks :D I've not done that much on TP myself this last week, just been manic :eek: I'm pleased that your liking my standard (y) 215 is a personal favourite of mine too :D

Matt

ah yes summer - I remember that (its raining here yet again) - nice photo but i'd have liked to see ir more to the right so the sunset was more in the frame

ah yes summer - I remember that (its raining here yet again) - nice photo but i'd have liked to see ir more to the right so the sunset was more in the frame

Exactly what I would have wanted mate, but the lazy ass farmer hadn't baled up the straw in that part of the field and this was taken through a gap in the hedge as there was no access into the field :(

Matt

Day 226 - Irish Memories

These little orange flowers are one of the the enduring memories of family holidays that we used to have on the west coast of Ireland :D

226/366 (591) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Loving that last shot. Got to say I'm not keen on the angle wedding photo, whilst I like the wedding photo itself I'm not a fan of angles. I tried one early on in my project and all I wanted to do is straighten it. I just can't get my head around them.

haha no pun intened!!

Loving that last shot. Got to say I'm not keen on the angle wedding photo, whilst I like the wedding photo itself I'm not a fan of angles. I tried one early on in my project and all I wanted to do is straighten it. I just can't get my head around them.

haha no pun intened!!

Thanks as to the angle of the wedding shot, don't worry, I appreciate not everyone will like it for different reasons so if that is the only reason that is putting you off that shot then I'm really pleased (y)

Matt

Golden Bales - really liking the colours in the shot, there is something about straw bales I like the look of... maybe that it shows my hay-fever will calm down soon :D

The weather here has taken a turn for the worse, took some bale shots myself a couple of weeks ago, was pp'ing them last night, would have liked to get a bit of sunset in mine but was glad to just get a dry picture !!!

Golden Bales - really liking the colours in the shot, there is something about straw bales I like the look of... maybe that it shows my hay-fever will calm down soon :D

The weather here has taken a turn for the worse, took some bale shots myself a couple of weeks ago, was pp'ing them last night, would have liked to get a bit of sunset in mine but was glad to just get a dry picture !!!

I know that feeling mate, the weather has been awful here recently too it just seemed to dry up for my cousins wedding and that's it :(

Matt

Hi Matt.

Haven't had much time recently to check in, glad to see you are still going well. The flower is Crocosmia or commonly called Harvest Corn.
I need to make time to go back through your last few weeks.

Phil

Hi Matt.

Haven't had much time recently to check in, glad to see you are still going well. The flower is Crocosmia or commonly called Harvest Corn.
I need to make time to go back through your last few weeks.

Phil

Thanks Phil, always great to get an ID (y) they used to grow on the estate where I used to go on family fishing holidays in Co. Donegal :D I think everyone has been busy recently (y) but as always thanks for taking the time to call in and give me your thoughts (y)

Matt

yep - its the same flower ive got in 'alien life form' in my 1000 thread - they make great subjects, and imo you've done the better job of capturing it

yep - its the same flower ive got in 'alien life form' in my 1000 thread - they make great subjects, and imo you've done the better job of capturing it

Thanks Pete indeed I remember seeing it your challenge :D I love them I think it featured twice in my challenge last year, this one was taken with the 85/1.8 which I am loving :D

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back