Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Matt, missed a few, had a busy few days. The cosmos flower is really nice, I like the dof, looks a better when viewed on flickr for me. The wedding shot is a cracker indeed, I like it a lot, it works very well. Hay bale is a very nice image too, nice depth and evening colour in there. The orange crocosmia, one of my fave plants, for its super colours. Infact I walked past a big patch of thse at flamborough head on sunday, didn't get any pics though, an raf helicopter took my attention!

Hi Matt, missed a few, had a busy few days. The cosmos flower is really nice, I like the dof, looks a better when viewed on flickr for me. The wedding shot is a cracker indeed, I like it a lot, it works very well. Hay bale is a very nice image too, nice depth and evening colour in there. The orange crocosmia, one of my fave plants, for its super colours. Infact I walked past a big patch of thse at flamborough head on sunday, didn't get any pics though, an raf helicopter took my attention!

Hey Michael, hope you had a nice time away :D I'm really pleased with the recent day's work, the wedding shot in particular as it seems to have been well received (y)

Been manic, but worth it, got a bit more practice with my 50-500 and birds in flight and a few other bits and bobs.

Always good mate :D I've been playing with a couple of different lens this weekend that I hired in for my cousins wedding look forward to seeing some photo's from your travels (y)

Will get some stuff posted, only just finding the time to go through them. My dad has gone and brought a sigma 10-20 and I had aplay with that, I want one! What have you tried out?

The 10-20 is a mighty impressive lens I've seen it in action (y) I hired myself the mk1 Canon 70-200/2.8 and the 85/1.8 both were very impressive, I may add the 85 to my line up soon (y)

The 10-20 is a mighty impressive lens I've seen it in action (y)

Yeah having had an unxpected present from HMRC I'm currently torn between that one, the tamron 10-24 (which gets slightly better reviews but is less robust) and a samyang 8mm - or i might blow the wad on a GF3 to carry arround - because i'm sure i'd get more photos if i had the kit on me 24/7 but the DSLR is too big and too valuable - argh decisions decisions

incidentally with regard to the 85 f1.8 its certainly a cracking lens, but if you want it for general photography with the occasional portrait rather than full on wedding work I'd say look at the tamron 90mm f2.8 macro - that will be better for flower and nature shots, and makes a great portrait lens - assuming you arent shooting in dimly lit churches every weekend it may prove a better choice.

Yeah having had an unxpected present from HMRC I'm currently torn between that one, the tamron 10-24 (which gets slightly better reviews but is less robust) and a samyang 8mm - or i might blow the wad on a GF3 to carry arround - because i'm sure i'd get more photos if i had the kit on me 24/7 but the DSLR is too big and too valuable - argh decisions decisions

incidentally with regard to the 85 f1.8 its certainly a cracking lens, but if you want it for general photography with the occasional portrait rather than full on wedding work I'd say look at the tamron 90mm f2.8 macro - that will be better for flower and nature shots, and makes a great portrait lens - assuming you arent shooting in dimly lit churches every weekend it may prove a better choice.

Interesting thoughts in realtion to the 85 and something for me to keep in mind (y) as to your choices the least I can do is sa that the Samyang is a amazing lens that if you nail focus is so sharp you'll cut yourself on it (y) but I can also see the attraction of a decent smaller camera (y)

2 nice lenses those Matt, I had a 100mm f2 back when I brought an eos 1n film body, wish I hadn't got rid, both that and the 85 are very good indeed. An interesting point about the tamron, I have used these in the past and it was a cracking lens back then. I will second the samyang 8mm, it's awesome!

(y) I'm enjoying using them :though it's amazing how narrow this DoF is a 1.8 it's the first time I've shot that wide open on FF, jebus it's easy to miss focus :LOL:

Day 227 - They think it's all over....

...but not yet :D

227/366 (592) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Three commemorative solid silver ingots each weighting in at 20grams from left to right you have the ParalymicsGB, Join Team and TeamGB ingots

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt nice subject and I love the composition. Collectables of the future indeed keep them safe Matt.

Thanks Vince, I'm really pleased with how this has come out (y) not bad for a backdrop made of two old table mats :D

Matt

I'm sure you will think of something :D

I had a piece of welding glass delivered today (y)

:D I'm sure that will be opening up a nice new creative option for you (y) I think I'll go out for a drive once I've finished tea and see if inspiration strikes

I had a piece of welding glass delivered today (y)

Nice - now that ive got my new (well new to me) 17-50 f2.8 I shall be ordering a 10 stop filter

top welding glass tip - the sides can be sharp , so you might want to edge it with duct tape so you dont cut yourself

Nice - now that ive got my new (well new to me) 17-50 f2.8 I shall be ordering a 10 stop filter

top welding glass tip - the sides can be sharp , so you might want to edge it with duct tape so you dont cut yourself

I've heard that too :eek: Pete I can hold heartedly recommend the B&W ND110 they come up reasonably often in the classifieds (y)

I've heard that too :eek: Pete I can hold heartedly recommend the B&W ND110 they come up reasonably often in the classifieds (y)

Good call - ive just bought one off of daugrias in the classifieds - a bargain at 66 quid. ( I just need to get a cable release now and i'll be set for some long exposure goodness)

Good call - ive just bought one off of daugrias in the classifieds - a bargain at 66 quid. ( I just need to get a cable release now and i'll be set for some long exposure goodness)

You'll not be disappointed I love mine :D

I see you found something then :D Certainly not something you see every day. (y)

Indeed I did, I did a bit tour of the county looking for a working combine, but only found ones that had finished for the day :( and I've photographed this before but never used it in my challenge so thought I'd get a shot of this for my photo since I was near to it in the end (y)

Matt

Female blackbirds are brown not black - but i think that might be a juvenile song thrush as the chest is quite speckly)- i'll ask the wife (who works for the rspb) to have a look - nice capture anyway

Female blackbirds are brown not black - but i think that might be a juvenile song thrush as the chest is quite speckly)- i'll ask the wife (who works for the rspb) to have a look - nice capture anyway

I know female's a brown :D but would have been able make my crap joke :LOL: would be good to get a positive ID (y) glad you like it

Matt I think it's a Blackbird youngster, nice photography pal

Thanks Vince, I'm really pleased with how it's come out (y)

Matt

It is a blackbird Matt (y)

Fair enough I think an ID thread maybe in order for this one, I thought it was a blackbird but it seems 50/50 on the ID at the moment :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back