Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Part Deux

LOve that shot Matt !!!! great colours

and have to say the pixel one is interesting... I think :thinking:

Thanks mate, I'm probably going to OD on macro in the next couple of weeks as I do it every time when I get a new lens I keep it on the camera to get used to it :cautious: so glad you like it, the Pixel on is different, I'll be honest I need to re-visit that one as I've seen it done so much better in the past :(

Matt

Just caught up on your challenge while in Hong Kong!
I was shocked when the previous thread was closed, thought you'd given up!
Glad to see you are still going strong and some awesome recent shots. :)

Just caught up on your challenge while in Hong Kong!
I was shocked when the previous thread was closed, thought you'd given up!
Glad to see you are still going strong and some awesome recent shots. :)

no mate that thread was just getting a little too long, hope your having a great time on your tour of Aisa and thanks for taking the time to catch up and comment, look forward to seeing all the photo's from this tour once your back into the UK (y)

Matt

Hi Matt,

Love the latest macro flower in this new thread (boy you are popular!), the first I thought the OoF white bits int he foreground were a bit distracting but this one is spot on: colours, composition and focus - top marks!

Edit: Ooops, in my rush to comment on the flowers I forgot to say I love the WW with the reflection. Just checking out the exif data to get some pointers. I will bite the bullet and have a go soon, have the kit for spinning now :)

Gary

Last edited:
Hi Matt,

Love the latest macro flower in this new thread (boy you are popular!), the first I thought the OoF white bits int he foreground were a bit distracting but this one is spot on: colours, composition and focus - top marks!

Edit: Ooops, in my rush to comment on the flowers I forgot to say I love the WW with the reflection. Just checking out the exif data to get some pointers. I will bite the bullet and have a go soon, have the kit for spinning now :)

Gary

Thanks Gary, I've been very lucky with my support, it's the great people of TP that have supported me this far with my challenge that really has helped me keep going this far (y) I agree entirely on the first macro flower the OOF spots spoilt it for me :( but I've been a lot happier with yesterdays effort..

Give me a shout if you want to ask any questions on spinning, though hopefully my guide should give you all the information that you need (y)

Matt

Give me a shout if you want to ask any questions on spinning, though hopefully my guide should give you all the information that you need (y)

Matt

Cheers Matt, I will do. Just popped to the local decorating store to pick up a couple of packs for practice. Off to Scotland at the weekend so there should be loads of wet open spaces to practice on! :LOL:

Actually, there is one thing, for overhead spins, roughly how far away should I be from the camera without hitting it with molten metal?! I guess a bit of it depends on spin speed and stuff but I'm guessing about 20m?

Cheers Matt, I will do. Just popped to the local decorating store to pick up a couple of packs for practice. Off to Scotland at the weekend so there should be loads of wet open spaces to practice on! :LOL:

Actually, there is one thing, for overhead spins, roughly how far away should I be from the camera without hitting it with molten metal?! I guess a bit of it depends on spin speed and stuff but I'm guessing about 20m?

That's a really good question, and as you've rightly pointed out it does relate to how quick that you spin (y) but 20 metres would be more than enought, I tend to be about 10 metres away, something to consider is wind direction, try and avoid being down wind of the spin as that will carry the sparks further :eek:

That's a really good question, and as you've rightly pointed out it does relate to how quick that you spin (y) but 20 metres would be more than enought, I tend to be about 10 metres away, something to consider is wind direction, try and avoid being down wind of the spin as that will carry the sparks further :eek:

Wind, yes, didn't think of that...although now thinking of crative uses for windy spins!!! :thinking:

Cheers Matt and sorry for momentarily hijacking your thread!

Wind, yes, didn't think of that...although now thinking of crative uses for windy spins!!! :thinking:

Cheers Matt and sorry for momentarily hijacking your thread!

Don't worry about hi-jacking my thread always happy to help where I can (y)

Matt

Day 262 - M.M.M......

That's right it's more macro madness I promise I will remember how to take this lens off soon :D but I do enjoy a good macro photo and these flowers are really small less that 10mm across, and beside all the butterflys were hiding this afternoon :(

262/366 (627) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice and colourful and sharp Matt. Lovely dof.

Thanks Michael, I'm pleased with how it's come out, I think I'll have a run about see what I can find a little different tomorrow :D

Nice shot Matt, not sure if they are that bright or if it's a little overexposed but I like it either way!

Is this what you do when you run out of motivation for your challenge, go out and buy more kit?! I like it but doubt the missus would :LOL:

More like an onlooker trying to pick up tips:LOL: My dcr250 might have to have a dusting today :LOL::LOL::LOL:

(y) while you know I'm happy to help :D

Nice shot Matt, not sure if they are that bright or if it's a little overexposed but I like it either way!

Is this what you do when you run out of motivation for your challenge, go out and buy more kit?! I like it but doubt the missus would :LOL:

They really are that bright (y) glad you like it :D I don't always do that but on this occasion some of the new kit was a necessity as I had broken some others were because I wanted to have it in my bag, it's nice to be able to do some decent macro (y)

And when I do get some new kit I tend to use it a lot in the first couple of weeks to get used to it :D

Matt

Day 263 - Eye on the Challenge...

...I've never done a photo this close in on my eye before as my POTD, I did do an eye macro a few months ago but it wasn't good enought to be used as my POTD, this is the eye that I use to look through my view finder and discover my photos :D evey single photo in this challenge has involved looking through this eye and into the camera (y)

263/366 (628) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Wow... that is very sharp, liking the catchlight and a nice skin tone too !!!

Is that that flash or a window

Thanks mate, it's flash, it was actually taken when I was messing around at about 1:30 this morning :LOL: :cautious: but I liked it :D

Self inflicted flash eye at that time of morning... I tend to drink coffee :D

I wasn't even drunk :cautious: :help: I was just playing around seeing if I could get a decent photo and :woot: I did :D

what a super shot Matt, nice and sharp and great detail (y)

Thanks Michael, I'm loving owning my own macro lens :D

Matt

Hi Matt, no eye-dea what to say about this!

Nice H-eye-light :coat:

Better stop with the crap jokes!

Great shot, amazing detail in the eye. Did you have a diffused flash pointing straight at you? Trying to work out from the catch light. Too many more of those and your eyes probably would have been a bit redder!

So I guess this eye wasn't looking through the viewfinder this time? Did you shoot tethered and have the laptop facing you?

braveboy2012 said:
Hi Matt, no eye-dea what to say about this!

Nice H-eye-light :coat:

Better stop with the crap jokes!

Great shot, amazing detail in the eye. Did you have a diffused flash pointing straight at you? Trying to work out from the catch light. Too many more of those and your eyes probably would have been a bit redder!

So I guess this eye wasn't looking through the viewfinder this time? Did you shoot tethered and have the laptop facing you?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: this was shot with a mirror and live view AF was a bit of fun but worked well :D and just my 430EX2 with in build diffuser (y)

Day 264 - Brightening life up

Boy it's been a miserable grey day in my little part of the country today, had to get my dad packed of to hospital for a check up this morning and the weather was quite nice, didn't know when he would be back and by the time he was it had turned cold, grey and miserable

So this is to brighten up my day and if you need it hopefully yours too (y)

264/366 (629) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

vince31 said:
Yellow Mellow bloody awesome !!

Hi Vince this is just the type of flower shot I love to be able to capture even on a dull day like today, It just brightens the day up (y)

Dark Knight said:
I think I need to don sunglasses before I look on here now :cool:

Well the day needed brightening up and the weather sure as hell wasn't playing that role so I took over the job ;)

Dark Knight said:
I doubt it... but the grass will probably still need cutting :bang:

:LOL: always ;) grass is annoying fact of life especially when you've got a garden as big as mine :bang: not that it's my problem (y)

Back