ND 10 stop, The Biltmore Hotel, Coral Gables, Florida

Very nice, love the colour and composition, lovely symmetry in the pillars and arches.

Very nice, love the colour and composition, lovely symmetry in the pillars and arches.

Thanks Adrian

My wife fell in love with this place, so I wanted to get an atmospheric shot for her - she was really delighted and had it framed for Christmas!

James

Great idea and great shot. I would never thought of using a 10-stop filter for indoor shot like this.

Thanks for the feedback

I was actually outside - this was an courtyard surrounded by pillars and the light was streaming in through the open top, playing on the fountain.
One of my first goes with the ND and loving it so far!

James

Very nice :clap:

Only slight problem is the bit of ?lens flare, half way up, on the left hand side. Should be an easy fix, with content aware, in photoshop.

Very nice :clap:

Only slight problem is the bit of ?lens flare, half way up, on the left hand side. Should be an easy fix, with content aware, in photoshop.

Thanks for the clap, and of course you are right about the flare!

I spent ages doing perspective work and some subtle balancing of shadows and completely overlooked this easy fix :bonk:

Really obvious now you mention it, so I shall revisit and get the old one out of the frame :D

I shall repost when I get the time to sort this out

Thanks again

James

Its really a nice hotel. Is design and the colour is very good. Its like a heaven on earth. But i never go in this hotel. I will go someday.

It really is a special place
It is like walking back in time!
I do hope you get there one day

All the best
James

Back