New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

@excalibur2

Bei der Kaserne
Vor dem grossen Tor
Steht 'ne Laterne
Und steht sie noch davor

:clap::clap: Ah too easy then. I was going to put up a photo relating to a 650 year old English song that's still sung today and it pops up on tv and films, you've all probably heard it esp if you liked the film "Wicker man" the Edward woodward version and you would hear it at the end.
In the remote possibillity that anyone is interested I'll post the song.

Reactions: dmb
Still time to enter that Boat shot before entries close tomorrow (Monday 24th). I started it in the AM, but it's likely to be later in the day before the shutter comes down. (y)

There's still time to get your entry in for challenge #154: Overgrown. Raid those archives!

Still time for an entry for challenge #154: Overgrown!

Lat call for entries, challenge will close at 8pm and poll will be up soon after

New thread up (y)

Poll now open (y)

Loving the cream teas pic but... the cream is on the bottom :eek::eek::eek::police:

Still just... wrong. Like toilet rolls backwards on the roll :naughty:

Cream always belongs on the bottom, anything else is just wrong

You could probably make that argument for a Victoria sponge too, doesn't make it valid (IMO) ;)
Fact remains, if you're having a devonshire cream tea the jam goes on top; if you're having a cornish cream tea the cream goes on top. Tastes the same in the end.... :giggle: Now I'm hungry! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
That was the reason that big rock concert on the Devon Cornwall borders got cancelled in the late 1970s, they couldn't agree who was going to go on first, The Jam or Cream! :coat:

Last edited:
That was the reason that big rock concert on the Devon Cornwall borders got cancelled in the late 1970s, they couldn't agree who was going to go on first, The Jam or Cream! :coat:
Never mind The Jam, The Strawbs are my choice and they have to go on after Cream or they fall off. :thinking:

Last edited:
Never mind The Jam, The Strawbs are my choice and they have to go on after Cream or they fall off. :thinking:
I think if you'd put The Strawbs on after Cream at a rock concert you'd have been lynched! :LOL:

New challenge posted.

View attachment 318249
Another Kaserne, taken by my former father-in-law, deceased, in late 1945. Estorf Kaserne (Hammersmith Barracks) (formerly Wehrmacht), Herford. Baby Box Tengor, film stock unknown.

Ha... my last posting in 2010 was Hammersmith Barracks. It's now student accommodation and looking rather lovely, unlike many former barracks which were simply bulldozed and redeveloped as Industrial parks, like the one in Iserlohn (some of the old hospital is still there, along with the accommodation blocks, but most of it is gone)

@dmb
Crikey - I just about remember that.

Do you think it'll be possible to meet up again soon?
Well Steam Traction Festival on at Astle Park August 14/15th, might be up for that, with a mask on for low R number or SCBA if things continue to get worse.

Well Steam Traction Festival on at Astle Park August 14/15th, might be up for that, with a mask on for low R number or SCBA if things continue to get worse.
I might be up for that as well.

Back