Nikon D700 official owners/users thread, anything related to the D700

:D

Just thought i would drop in.... today saw my D700 savings fund plan being organised and calculated. Fingers crossed in December i should be frequenting this thread as well as the D90 one :)

See you all in here in December! (fingers crossed) lol

Has anyone spent any time using Auto ISO on the D700 in Manual mode and, if so, what are your thoughts, observations and tips?

In my short time playing with it today, am I right in thinking that exposure compensation can still be achieved by using the exp. comp. button and dial, in Manual mode, which changes the iso with the range you set in auto iso?

Scott, thanks for confirming that. Something else I've learnt and I can see me using that most of the time now.

hey everyone, please may I join the club?!

just ordered myself a D700 to bump my D90 to backup/second body.
should arrive at the end of next week!

anyone thinking of getting one, save yourself a few hundred quid (and about £40 quidco cashback):
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=323852

£1479.99 + £10 delivery (specific time)

Hi Benners

Hope you get your one ok , cracking deal so it was (y)

My one's just arrived so cant wait for the battery to charge :)

All I need now is , some good glass, spare batteries, grip, bag, filters & holder, jesus when does it stop LOL

Oh and can i join the D700 club :)

mini-D700001.jpg

good work snap53!

mine is due for delivery first thing tomorrow morning... hopefully some CF cards and a grip will be on the doormat too when I get home/tomorrow :D

got a couple of bits of good glass i can whack on the end... can't wait!

Hi Benners

Hope you get your one ok , cracking deal so it was (y)

My one's just arrived so cant wait for the battery to charge :)

All I need now is , some good glass, spare batteries, grip, bag, filters & holder, jesus when does it stop LOL

Oh and can i join the D700 club :)

mini-D700001.jpg

Is that the DX 35mm?? :thinking:

Nearly chucked the wedding budget down on the D700 this weekend...

Curry's had a 20% off offer which took it down to £1429...To make it worse my mate got a 5dmk2 in the same sale for £1300 odd...

Enjoy those badboys...

Hopefully people are generous with the pressies and I can get one shortly...

daft quick question... which is the menu I need to change so that an frame I have just captured automatically previews on the LCD?

at the mo it just remains a black screen
:thinking:

[MENU]
Top left menu (playback menu)

5th item, Image Review. ON

lovely!
quite happy shooting in M, but forget the things like that!

and as for putting a new neck strap on... that was hard! :D

Oopsy, I seem to be in the club too now... better read the past 27 pages for Top Tips then!

May be just a small glitch but after having issues with my camera recently I noticed a few settings were altered, no one has used it apart from me. Af settings, shutter priority, flash sync ( prolly fat fingers adjusted that one )etc had changed and has been fine since but anyone else had any issues like this?

The problem is, once you own a D700 you suddenly start lusting after the holy trinity of lenses to do it justice! I got mine about half a year ago and ever since I've been craving a 70-200 VR 2.8...

how did I live this long without this camera?!
only problem I know have is that I need a new bag!

have been using the Lowepro Fastpack 250 with the D90, but a gripped D700 + lens doesn't really fit.

which bags do you guys have to take the D700 out&about, with enough room for a backup D90, a lens or two and a few accessories?

(y)

Harry, the 70-200 is a dream on this camera - you NEED to get it!! ;)

Ben, i have the Tamrac Expedition 5, it fits my D700 gripped (just about), 24-70, 70-200, 50mm, SB900, charger, batteries, CF Cards, rocket blower, lens pen :)

how did I live this long without this camera?!
only problem I know have is that I need a new bag!

have been using the Lowepro Fastpack 250 with the D90, but a gripped D700 + lens doesn't really fit.

which bags do you guys have to take the D700 out&about, with enough room for a backup D90, a lens or two and a few accessories?

(y)

ThinkTank Retrospective 20

Harry, the 70-200 is a dream on this camera - you NEED to get it!! ;)

Yeah, I know, I know ;) Though being a studio portrait photographer primarily one of the DC lenses may be a priority on my list. Having said that, the 70-200 seems to perform fantastically in the studio too so perhaps I should skip the DCs and go straight for it as my 'do it all' lens...

:agree: My favourite camera bag!

Just to add to the chorus of approval, I've got one as well and it's great. Surprisingly heavy though, even when empty but should last a fair few years.

which bags do you guys have to take the D700 out&about, with enough room for a backup D90, a lens or two and a few accessories? (y)

I use a lowepro mini trekker AW, fits my D700, D300, and a couple of lenses :)

.... which bags do you guys have to take the D700 out&about, with enough room for a backup D90, a lens or two and a few accessories?

I dont have a back up camera - but if it helps I use the Kata 3N1-30 & I get a gripped D700, 24-70, 70-200 VRII, SB600 (cased), TC-17E II & 35mm f2 ( both in Carl Zeiss cases) & still room for more .....

Then again its down to personal preference on which bag suits them..

Nearly had a heart attack yesterday afternoon! :eek:

Had the 24-70 on the D700, and then, all of a sudden, it wouldn't focus! I pressed the shutter half way, and it just failed to focus, and i got an "ERR" message on the top LCD screen! :(

I then took the lens off, back on, no joy....then took it off, gave the contacts a quick wipe a couple of times, and it seemed to work again.....

Anyone have the same problem?

I'm hoping that it was a contact problem, and not a problem with the lens/camera! :(

Back