weekly Nikon_Nick's 52 Week Challenge: Week 12 - Magical - Added

Works well, nice colourful shot.

Works well for me lovely colours and well laid out only picky bit the light on the right one makes the gold writing look a bit odd, looking at it on a laptop so it might be that.

Beautiful colours and well composed. :clap:

My only slight change would perhaps be to raise the left hand side of the 'Champion' ribbon as it darkens to the left.

Hi Nick

Patchetts...not heard that name in a while...used to work with horses & it was a very highly regarded establishment...good high standards of horsemanship . Congrats to your OH by the way (y)

I digress.....nice shot & certainly on theme possibly change the lighting to give more even coverage but other than that....nice , good focus , good colors.... (y)

Hi, Nick, now this is where a good and brave crop really makes a cracking photograph.

All too often photographers, me included, include too many distracting elements because they can't compose in camera or crop in post.

Cheers.

Playing catch up BIG Time :)

Money - That's a nice original take on the theme Nick... shame about the notes in a couple of spots, but Nice background, well lit and very sharp

Win - Good timing for you with this one then... nice colours, well lit again - good image !!!

Once again, thanks all for your comments. Im glad that the crop has worked so well.

The fact that my other half had a successful show, was definitely good timing for the 'Win' theme. Next time, im hoping it will coincide with a winning lottery ticket :D (y)

As always, I have again been commenting on peoples shots via Flickr (y)

Morning!!

Another exercise in lighting for me this week. I took this using a 50mm AFD and an old Nikon M2 extension ring, so focusing and metering were manual.

The flash was camera left, and the ring is sitting on a sheet of aluminium foil. The flare.....well, the flare was added afterwards :D

6983155375_7bd32d5624_z.jpg

Hi Nick

Shiny - on theme and good shot. Unusual and good idea to use an aluminium foil sheet for the reflection. I would have just plumped for glass or a mirror but the foil makes a very interesting soft amorphous reflection. That's clever and a useful tip for me to stick in my memory.

You have done a good job there just that bit of highlight on the ring catches my eye thou

Wow....what a cracking shot. Lighting spot on, nice colouring, adding the flare too gives it the wow factor (sorry went all Louis Walsh then hehehehe). Agree with Alex, this should grace any jewellery magazine.

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

SHiny - Nice shot and bang on theme, I do think that the crops tight on the bottom though as it cuts through the reflection

Morning!

Many thanks to you Alan, Trevor, Alex, Simon, Michael, Darren and Paul for your comments. As always, they are much appreciated and I do take on board what you have said. Its not a perfect shot by any means, but im glad that the inclusion of the aluminium foil was positive (y)

Anyway, week 12. I quite enjoyed this one, and it was definitely an exercise in editing for me :D

6853348068_0014cc208f_z.jpg

I had a similar idea but couldn't pull it off so well done (y)

Works really well, especially the lighting. I'd be tempted to crop a tad off the right, and maybe even the top and bottom, to really draw the eye onto the ball.

Cheers.

Apologies I’m way behind on commenting on this one for some reason.

Industry – I’d forgotten we had snow back then. Nice composition but unfortunately the murky weather didn’t help you

Root – On theme and I like the pp’ing on this one.

Handmade – I do like this one. The link between the face and the object being made has been captured really well.

Money – Nice one although I’d have liked to have seen more differentiation between the notes and background.

Win – Nice and colourful and on theme

Shiny – I like the off centre composition. Nothing wrong with adding the flare in pp

Magical – Another good one. I’d have been tempted to make a glow on the hand from the ball

shiny and magical - both excellent, you got a star burst too :banana:

Well done on the 'magical' shot, many inventive options coming through now.

'Magical' nice image and good concept. the great thing about this challenge is that it makes you think and sometimes takes you out of the comfort zone.

Nice work (y)
Nick

Back