weekly Nikon_Nick's 52 Week Challenge: Week 12 - Magical - Added

Liking this one nick I think I would just like to see a bit of detail in the shadows thou

Hi Nick

Industry - good shot on theme. I like the muted colours, the gentleness of the atmosphere. Also combining the chimneys with the pond, which I interpret as a holding pond for water associated with the industry i.e. another industrial feature. So good viewpopint.

Root - on theme and good pov but does not do so much for me . Sorry

Perspective is great as has been said, I like it overall but being super critical on the theme I would say a tiny bit of fill light in low would really bring out the actual root a bit more but love the angle and textures showing and a great job done with an ugly sky.

Its all been mentioned above Nick but I'd just like to add that this works well. The low POV you've taken here really changes the perspective. Its bang on theme, good work. Iain

Paul, Lynne, Alex, Trevor, Darren, Michael, Simon, Alan, CJ and Iain...thank you soooo much for your comments. To be honest, considering it is ultimately a picture of a tree root, I have been nicely suprised at over all how positive the comments have been. Im especially pleasd that comments regarding the processing have also been positive (y)

As I said last week, ill be commenting on people pics on Flickr again, so im looking forward to getting over there in a short while to have a look!

Cheers

Nick

I cant believe its week 8 already!!!

Unfortunately, im going to have to play my first joker this week. I have a majorly busy week this week, and am not going to be able to even get close to picking up a camera :(

So, im using a shot that I took last year that I really liked. It does fit the theme though :D

6096816485_a782073490_z.jpg

brilliant shot :clap:

Hi Nick,

What I really like in your 52 so far are your people shots, they are all excellent. I stuggle with this type of shot but you do portraits very well.(y) I like the lighting in your self portrait shot, the pose looks very natural. Secure is another great shot, on theme and very nicely composed. Then this week you post another great portrait. This one is my favourite, well done.

Carol

Very good, you've captured the essence of the theme perfectly. ;)

That is a stunning shot in every respect. Faultless!

Wow, thanks everyone, what a response! (y)

I think ill play jokers more often from now on :naughty: :D

I really appreciate the comments guys and girls, thank you so much. A couple of you have mentioned how clear my 'people' photos are. I have to admit, im a bit stuck in my ways when it comes to portraits, so im really happy that my efforts are appreciated.

The only problem is, I now ended up putting a load of pressure on myself for week 9's theme,to try and live up to this one :bonk:

Thanks again

Nick

Decided to have a bit of fun with this one...again ;) I was always told, 'There's no money in photography'!!

Im a little disappointed that the note on the left had a bit of a strange old in it which makes it look a bit odd, but im happy that im slowly coming to grips with this off camera flash thingy!!

Cheers

Nick

6790235466_ccd71ba7d7_z.jpg

Works well, bit of marking on the background but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up.

Very good! The note on the left looks more blown than folded to me, but I guess that's the way it's reflecting the light.

Have you managed to reassemble the lens yet? ;)

Handmade - This is brilliant! :clap:

Money - Seems a little overexposed to me, edges of the bank notes merging with the background, but perhaps this was the look you were going for?

Handmade is a cracker. B&W works really well and the composition, detail and concentration in the guy's face is great.

Money, nice and humerus but the notes seem a little over exposed.

Cheers.

As said it is a bit over exposed and maybe a bit of contrast on the notes, good take on the theme. .

Many thanks everyone!

Ive been having a play with the raw shots of this one over the last week, but I havent been able to do much about the over exposure :crying: Ths may be a reshoot in the future!! :D

My better half had a fairly good weekend this weekend at a show with her 1year old foal. It won its class, and then won the championship at the end as well! This was my inspiration for my shot this week ;)

6960082047_6351af5ec9_z.jpg

Back