OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
What lens does tht have, @john.margetts ? I was surprised that some of the shots seem quite blurred. My Ikonta even with the weaker Novar lens does seem to do sharp quite well. I wonder if there's some haze in there? (I've a vague feeling my father's 6x9 Ikonta might have died of haze...)

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015,FPOTY 2020
Name
Lu-Tze (or Chris)
Edit My Images
Yes
and I also made the mistake of using a stop bath with Foma film which has resulted with quite a few black spots
I did not know that stop bath should not be used with Foma, any more information on this? I have some4x5 Foma and always use stop and don't believe I have had any problems (well no more than the usual number of problems :) )

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
What lens does tht have, @john.margetts ? I was surprised that some of the shots seem quite blurred. My Ikonta even with the weaker Novar lens does seem to do sharp quite well. I wonder if there's some haze in there? (I've a vague feeling my father's 6x9 Ikonta might have died of haze...)
Chris, it is a Tessar. I thought some were a bit soft. I found the camera rather difficult to hold and still reach the shutter release which might account for at least some blurriness.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I did not know that stop bath should not be used with Foma, any more information on this? I have some4x5 Foma and always use stop and don't believe I have had any problems (well no more than the usual number of problems :) )
I read this on a Fona data sheet some years ago. It mentioned the acid in the stop batch reacting with carbonate in the emulsion causing bubbles of CO2. That might be dependent on the developer being used.

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
I read this on a Fona data sheet some years ago. It mentioned the acid in the stop batch reacting with carbonate in the emulsion causing bubbles of CO2. That might be dependent on the developer being used.
I ce souped Foma with stop and without ( using water only) and can’t say that I’ve had issues ...... developers hc110 and ID11

This of course doesn’t mean that an acid stop is the best idea of course but whilst ever it poses me no problems, I’ll continue with it .

Woodsy

POTY Winner 2009
Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Just taken delivery of a minty mint condition Nikon SW 90mm F/8 lens from the bay. I've been wanting this lens for years now, but haven't been able to get it through a complete lack of availability of this lens here in the UK.

Glass looks mint, as does the cosmetic appearance. Shutter speeds all sound good as well. Can't wait to get out and use it! If it's as sharp as my current F/4.5 version, then the brighter one will be up for sale :D (I wanted the F/8 because it is tiny, and weighs basically nothing).

The photo doesn't do it justice, but the size comparison is below. It literally weighs about half of the f/4.5 version.

2021-05-06 11.26.39.jpg
2021-05-06 12.01.43.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
I picked up an Olympus XA3 and Olympus Superzoom 160 today for zero pounds. Someone had advertised them on the local Trash Nothing site. I also got a vintage flash unit complete with box of flashbulbs. Not sure if I'll find a use for that though.

The XA3 has its flash unit attached and the camera seems to work OK (not put a battery in the flash yet though). I've not tested the Superzoom yet as I don't have a suitable battery in the house. If it works I may kick-off another Travelling Superzoom adventure. :)

20210509_162559.jpg
20210509_162618.jpg