Official Unofficial 2015 - 52 Sign Up Thread

Thanks for that but I still don't get it. In the example below "Post your photographs here" is a hyperlink - how do change the words ? - you used to be able to do that.

Also add your photo to the " I can't change the words" thread so that others can see at a glance who's posted updates.
Not sure what you are getting at TBH, you just edit the words and insert the hyperlink if that's what you mean?
as in the edit in your quotes

If it helps, for fiddling around with links and things, I usually find it easier to flick over to the BBCode editor (The little spanner icon at the far right of the reply box)
You can actually see the code in there and have more control over what you're doing . . .

. . . not that I'm a control freak or anything (@Cobra : Don't even think it Chris!)

A big welcome aboard to all the new sign ups in here too :)
This thread has got very busy in the last 48 hours, and great to see so many joining up !!!

Thanks Andy,

I'm aware of that much but I just get this

Although I want the link, I don't wan't the meaningless blurb. I want to be able to change the wording in the link for example to say "week 0 - pattern" - and then when you click on "week 0 - pattern" it takes you to the page. I used to be able to change this this all the time, I just can't remember how to do it ?

I think you inserting your Flickr link. Click the blue above and it should take your here??

All I did was highlight the blue text above and insert this pages hyperlink.

Hope it works because I won't be much use later in the night :beer:

Cheers.

I think you inserting your Flickr link. Click the blue above and it should take your here??

All I did was highlight the blue text above and insert this pages hyperlink.

Hope it works because I won't be much use later in the night :beer:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to sack it off for tonight and have another go tomorrow ! thanks for your help and have a great evening !

I seem to have found my self stalking the folks who've signed up for 2015 and looking and drooling over their images. Having got my tail between my legs having attempted this in 2013 and failing miserably before January was out(n). Time to have another go and see if I can get to February this year. please add me to the spreadsheet> Cobra I could well join you in the hall of shame. Now off to set everything up. If memory serves me right I had problems with this last time. See you soon folks:confused:
Hi Mandy... welcome back to the 52, best of luck for this year, well, 2015 :)

Hiya, I'm doing this backwards I think :),I posted my practice shots and didn't sign up here - better late than never, I hope

Edit - but I'm on the spreadsheet thingy already....should've checkd first oops
Yep... tut tut, spotted you and added a couple of days ago, I thought you would find your way here eventually :D

Hi Folks, The 52 challenge sounds great fun ! and a good opportunity to learn along the way, would love to take part, and hopefully complete.
Here's to 2015 !! May the focus be with you !! All the very best Folks !! :)
Welcome to the 52 Barney... Barney ??

Welcome to the 52 Barney... Barney ??

Thanks for the welcome Dark Knight, I just noticed you put ? after my username, It's just there's, so many Paul's about, so prefer using my nickname, the second bit is from one of my favourite places Strumble Head, LOL. I've not contributed much since joining TP, mainly due to lack of confidence, I'm relatively new to this hobby, so hoping to learn and contribute more by joining challenges like this. :)
Best Regards
Paul.

Thanks for the welcome Dark Knight, I just noticed you put ? after my username, It's just there's, so many Paul's about, so prefer using my nickname, the second bit is from one of my favourite places Strumble Head, LOL. I've not contributed much since joining TP, mainly due to lack of confidence, I'm relatively new to this hobby, so hoping to learn and contribute more by joining challenges like this. :)
Best Regards
Paul.
No problem Paul, Barney it is from now then (y)

The 52 is certainly a good place to start as a beginner, people are very friendly, never be afraid to ask a question, even if you feel awkward asking, nobody will mind, join in with comments as and when you feel comfortable, even a 'I like that' is fine, this also encourages people to the fact that others are looking in at their pictures... all in all have Fun (y)

I'm relatively new to this hobby, so hoping to learn and contribute more by joining challenges like this. :)
Hi Barney, just have fun, as I know you will :)

Best Regards
Paul.

Strumble head, now that brings back memories of lovely holidays quite a few years ago. Enjoy the 52 and happy new year.

Okay, I'm going to give this a try, as part of my ongoing 365. I've never tried "shooting to order" as part of a 365 before, so this will be something new

/alan

I'll give this a go and see if it helps improve my sills.

Currently sat bored out my mind, really should grab the camera and make the most of this time

Right I can't resist I'm going to do this again. I must be mad :help:
I finished last year albeit under the radar.
I nearly quit so many times. Did way too many catch ups and totally lost the plot with regards to commenting I just got so lost with it all I just gave up. So apologies to all the class of 2014 for that.

So New Year. New Start. Comment more.
I'm also going to try and take a few more shots that are not in the house or garden.

@Dark Knight could I have Blue with white text on the spreadsheet please. Same colour blue you use for the new entrants heading please.

I had an idea of trying a Photo a Day project, but I think that may be a little unrealistic. Still, I'll give it a try, but I think the 52 challenge will be enough in itself for me :LOL:

Okay, I'm going to give this a try, as part of my ongoing 365. I've never tried "shooting to order" as part of a 365 before, so this will be something new

/alan
Welcome :wave:

I'll give this a go and see if it helps improve my sills.

Currently sat bored out my mind, really should grab the camera and make the most of this time
That's good... I added you on 11th Decmber :D

Right I can't resist I'm going to do this again. I must be mad :help:
I finished last year albeit under the radar.
I nearly quit so many times. Did way too many catch ups and totally lost the plot with regards to commenting I just got so lost with it all I just gave up. So apologies to all the class of 2014 for that.

So New Year. New Start. Comment more.
I'm also going to try and take a few more shots that are not in the house or garden.

@Dark Knight could I have Blue with white text on the spreadsheet please. Same colour blue you use for the new entrants heading please.
Hey Simon :)

I thought you had dropped out, no images after week 30 :thinking:

Anyhow, great to have you back in (y)

All added to the sheet... colours as requested

I thought you had dropped out, no images after week 30 :thinking:

Many thanks DK and as for 2014 I did complete all themes in my own thread but I did stop posting them in the photo only thread.

Really, What on earth for you tart, you couldn't have got many visitors then ??

:D I kept falling weeks behind and the shame of not commenting on other peoples threads so I decided to go unnoticed but the self stubbornness of wanting to finish.
I'm going to try and keep up this year with my pictures and especially my comments.

:D I kept falling weeks behind and the shame of not commenting on other peoples threads so I decided to go unnoticed but the self stubbornness of wanting to finish.
I'm going to try and keep up this year with my pictures and especially my comments.
Don't let the commenting stop you joining in mate, if your struggling with them just pick out 2 or 3 different ones to comment on each week, with so many in it not many people will have the time to comment constructively on ALL of them ALL of the time, don't let that get in front of your togging :)

Don't let the commenting stop you joining in mate, if your struggling with them just pick out 2 or 3 different ones to comment on each week, with so many in it not many people will have the time to comment constructively on ALL of them ALL of the time, don't let that get in front of your togging :)
Absolutely, as a few of us have been saying its going to be impossible to comment on everyone,
Just a few here and there, so no one feels left out / gets left out in the cold. (y)

hell's bell's.........just caught up....think I've managed to comment on everyone's images so far but really don't think I keep up with commenting on that many shots every week ! So , much as it fills me with guilt I won't be commenting very week on every submission......probably.......;)

:LOL: I know Lynne!
Last year I really let it get to me.
I felt so guilty commenting on this one and that one but then leaving this other person out, that I kind of found myself looking at all of them but hardly commenting at all . . . which was totally counter-productive.

I think we all know it's an impossible task with this many threads!

I'd really like to welcome everybody on board and make sure that you're all up and running OK with the practice theme.
After that, once I'm back at work, I think I'll probably only manage to get around about a quarter of the threads each week.
But if everybody does similar, everyone should get a good mix of comments and support each week - and if I manage to post in everyone's thread once a month, then that's not really such a terrible thing.

Failing that, I can start handing out Pro Plus around the back of the staffroom.
That should keep everyone awake long enough to get all their feedback done :D

Failing that, I can start handing out Pro Plus laced Jaffa cakes around the the staffroom.
That should keep everyone awake long enough to get all their feedback done :D
:D

I am brand new to this concept and while I regard the exercise as a great means of getting feedback on my work, I do want that feedback to the honest and comprehensive. To that end I would not want nor expect every participant to have to comment on everyone else's submissions. Quality of feedback is far more valuable than just getting a shortened, slightly superficial view from everyone. So I can well understand and support Sarah and Lynne indicating that they will have to ration their comments each week. Right answer and probably will produce better feedback.

Never too late, first official theme due out today. Welcome to the mad house.

Hi, please can you sign me up? Have completed two 365 projects (kids) since attempting the 52 last. I'd like to take some photos of stuff that stays still. Cheers, Jon

Back