weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

An excellent 'in the environment' railway shot :)
I've not managed to catch any mainline steam this year so jealous !

Thanks Tim :)

Week 36 : Unnatural

"Never Sleeps"

Week%2036%20Unnatural.jpg

Always thought there was something a bit strange about you, nice bit of photoshopping.

I feel like I've seen something similar from you previously? I could be wrong though.
Nevertheless, a nice piece of editing to merge the third eye.

Thanks - Yes I've dine similar things before :)

Always thought there was something a bit strange about you, nice bit of photoshopping.

Cheers ;)

Very good, original and appropriate for the theme.

Nice and original, put a smile on my face. Great for the theme and good work with the editing software.

Nice and original, put a smile on my face. Great for the theme and good work with the editing software.

Thanks Jim - always good to get a smile :)

It's weird, I was scrolling back up through the thread and your pic revealed from the bottom up.

I kept scrolling and thinking "what's unnatural about this?"

Good work.

Cheers Kell :)

Week 37 : Natural

A local Chiffchaff - soon to be heading off to the Mediterranean or western Africa for the winter.

51484166223_420521a06d_b.jpg

I love everything about unnatural. A great idea and nicely done.

I like the light and the detail in natural.

I love everything about unnatural. A great idea and nicely done.

I like the light and the detail in natural.

Thanks Nick :)

The detail captured there is excellent. I don't do birding, but I suspect that took a lot of patience. The only critique I would have is it is a shame that there was a bright spot to the right, I suspect a contiguous green background would be preferable.
But I suspect there was nothing you could do about that (you can't ask the bird to hop to the left a bit ;) )

The detail captured there is excellent. I don't do birding, but I suspect that took a lot of patience. The only critique I would have is it is a shame that there was a bright spot to the right, I suspect a contiguous green background would be preferable.
But I suspect there was nothing you could do about that (you can't ask the bird to hop to the left a bit ;) )

Thanks Tim - and yes - you are correct :)

Fabulous capture of the chiffchaff - that can't have been easy! Amazing detail!

Unnatural is decidedly spooky. Great idea.

Fanx :D

Great detail in the chiffchaff Dave (y)

Week 38 : Autumn

Autumn at Tatton Park.

38%20Autumn-X2.jpg

Natural
It's a lovely shot, I really like the light. I want to go to the Mediterranean for the winter.

Autumn
Again, it's really great light. I also like the setting, it has a real rustic look.

As others have said, the light is lovely, and the shadows break it up and compliment the image. Also think the surrounding pumpkins & marrows very much Autumnalise it :)

Natural
It's a lovely shot, I really like the light. I want to go to the Mediterranean for the winter.

Autumn
Again, it's really great light. I also like the setting, it has a real rustic look.

Thanks Dominic :)

As others have said, the light is lovely, and the shadows break it up and compliment the image. Also think the surrounding pumpkins & marrows very much Autumnalise it :)

Cheers Ian :)

As others have said, the use of light and shadow works very nicely here, adding to the shot. I don't think it would have been as appealing in a harsh midday summer light without the shadows.

As others have said, the use of light and shadow works very nicely here, adding to the shot. I don't think it would have been as appealing in a harsh midday summer light without the shadows.

Ta :)

Week 39 : Doors

Manchester Piccadilly this afternoon :)

MAN%20021021-12-X3.jpg

Back