weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

I would imagine that is an irregular service :). Good dof leads the eye.

Nice image, lovely rich colours and the exposure is very nice indeed.

Week 43 : Halloween and tech

Bit of a shoehorn for tech (taken on my iPhone through the back of an old Nikon 35-70mm AIS lens) - the "Bride of Dracula" shot is an old studion shot of mine.

43%20Halloween%201.jpg

Well Shoehorned on both counts Dave, at least your bride is in focus.

Pete

No shoehorn required, Dave.
Well thought out and dare I say well executed

Well thought through on the tech and bang on theme for me.

That works for me. The makeup suggests old, corny, horror movie posters, and the view through the lens reinforces that.

Nicely done, fits the theme and fits the tech

Week 4 : Underneath

Visited a mining museum at the last standing headgear on the Lancashire coalfield - Astley Colliery.

Dressed up a friend of mine in the lamp room - and took a shot of the headgear through the arched window in the engine house. Stuck them together and roughed it up a bit :)

"Going underneath!"

Astley%20Colliery%20041121-mono%20comp-X3.jpg

That was quick Dave.
It works on both counts.
I like the processing too. :)

That was quick Dave.
It works on both counts.
I like the processing too. :)

Ta :)

Good timing - I was actually at the colliery when I checked to see what the theme was :D

I didn’t realise that it was a composite, I like the graininess of the image it makes it look historic.

Nicely done and a good composite - nice to get the tech out of the way early!

Sounds like you've hit the tech as well - but haven't mentioned it (LC2 might miss it? )

I wouldn't have known it was a composite - very well executed, and perfect for the theme. Your friend looks like he has always been a miner!

I missed your halloween shot before - again, bang on theme, and I wouldn't consider it a shoehorn.

Sounds like you've hit the tech as well - but haven't mentioned it (LC2 might miss it? )

I wouldn't have known it was a composite - very well executed, and perfect for the theme. Your friend looks like he has always been a miner!

I missed your halloween shot before - again, bang on theme, and I wouldn't consider it a shoehorn.

Thanks - he worked down that mine until 1965 :D

Back