weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

Lovely composition on your autumn shot. An different perspective from the usual I would think.
Of course it had to be a train for snappers choice.. nice shot and with leading lines!

Lovely composition on your autumn shot. An different perspective from the usual I would think.
Of course it had to be a train for snappers choice.. nice shot and with leading lines!
Thanks Helen :)

Week 46 : Destruction

Warton Crag Quarry - Destruction of the environment

i-VdqnfJH-X2.jpg

Neat shot Dave. Those quarry cliffs look high.

Thanks Simon :)

The stone and gravel were used when England's first motorway was built, the Preston bye-pass in 1958 and the Lancaster bye-pass in 1960.

Excellent shot Dave. It would be interesting to see the view from the top looking towards where you shot this from just for contrast (think of the exercise you'll getting hiking up there!)

Excellent shot Dave. It would be interesting to see the view from the top looking towards where you shot this from just for contrast (think of the exercise you'll getting hiking up there!)

Thanks Bill. It's a fair trek up there :)

Looking at the trees it's higher than you think. Nice take on the theme.

Week 47 : Ornamental

The rare Morrisons Puffin :D

i-jCxp5kd-X3.jpg

I'm missing that puffin from my bird books :LOL: Nicely captured - perfect timing with the shopper included to get the environment captured.

Destruction: Shocking isn't it how we decimate the countryside. Perfect for the theme. What a lot of stone has been taken.

Nice take on the theme Dave. There's all sorts of ornaments/ornamentals, and a puffin is always a winner!

Nice take on the theme Dave. There's all sorts of ornaments/ornamentals, and a puffin is always a winner!
Ta muchly Simon :)

I like that Puffin. It's looks identical to some up near where I grew up. I'd assumed they were unique to the area, but clearly not.

Very different 'plumage' though.
Ta Kell - we have Cormorants and Magpies here too :)

Ah they have at least one Cormorant there too, but I've never seen a magpie.

Oh and there are Mallards too ;)

Weel 48 : Curves

Glasson Dock near Lancaster,
I spotted this lovely Curlew on a footpath across the road as I was pulling out in my car. A quick turn around up the road and a careful parking nearby, plus a quiet as I could retrieval of camera and lens from the car boot and I got one shot!

Curlew by Dave Green, on Flickr

Ornamental: a good social documentary image in my opinion, interesting subject.
Curves: very nicely done and fits the theme well.

Ooh a lovely close shot of a curlew I think? Fabulous!.... a comment I just put in the photos thread - doh!!!

Your link from the photo thread doesn't seem to be working by the way.... I could blame my error on that :LOL:

That’s very impressive for an off-the-cuff shot. Great detail and nicely composed.

And fits the ‘bill’ perfectly.

Thanks Kell :D

Ornamental: a good social documentary image in my opinion, interesting subject.
Curves: very nicely done and fits the theme well.

Ta Jim :)

Ooh a lovely close shot of a curlew I think? Fabulous!.... a comment I just put in the photos thread - doh!!!

Your link from the photo thread doesn't seem to be working by the way.... I could blame my error on that :LOL:
Cheers :)

Fabulous shot Dave.
A live curve.

Thanks Peter :)

I thought that was your entry for this week, Bebop! Or a bribe to give you a bye this week!

Nice Curlew shot BTW, Dave.

Catching up again:

Ornamental: love this. It might be ubiquitous where you are Dave but none of the stores where I live have anything like it.
Curves: Great shot. Tack sharp.

I thought that was your entry for this week, Bebop! Or a bribe to give you a bye this week!

Nice Curlew shot BTW, Dave.
LOL - Ta :)

Catching up again:

Ornamental: love this. It might be ubiquitous where you are Dave but none of the stores where I live have anything like it.
Curves: Great shot. Tack sharp.

Cheers Bill :)

That's an excellent capture of the curlew Dave, and spot on for the theme.

You've taken a really good shot there, I like the blur on the grass in front and how sharp the main subject is. Nice one!

Ornament: Love the puffin and how you have incorporated the sign details above it.
Curves: One cracking shot - lovely dof and beautifully composed.

Back