weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

A cracking kingfisher shot Dave, especially with the fish going down!

A cracking kingfisher shot Dave, especially with the fish going down!
Ta - I got a better, more unusual shot. But not as fitting for the theme :)

You've caught a perfect moment there... not for the fish, obviously.

Great capture Dave. I would have missed that completely (probably why I don't often shoot birds... :D )

Week 41 : Rustic

East Lancs Autumn Steam Gala this afternoon.

Class 25 52044 leads Class 27 52322 at Irwell Vale.

52432403804_a26fb8cf13_b.jpg

Perfect for the theme. Two engines - presumably working together?! Is that unusual?
Nicely captured.
Thanks - yes two working together is very common. :)

Really nice rustic scene, the colours are great. My only criticism would be the wall and stile at the bottom of the image as I find them slightly distracting (but that's just a personal thing)

There’s something about old steam trains and the countryside that works well together.
very nice pictur.

Nice rustic scene for the steam train Dave.

Pete
Thanks Pete :)

Really nice rustic scene, the colours are great. My only criticism would be the wall and stile at the bottom of the image as I find them slightly distracting (but that's just a personal thing)

Cheers Jim. I thought the wall and stile gave the photo abse and also added to the rural/rustic idea :)

There’s something about old steam trains and the countryside that works well together.
very nice pictur.

Ta Keith :)

Lovely country scene Dave.
The strong burst of steam from both engines are well caught.

Nicely done!
I really like the leading lines of the trackside trees.

Week 42 : Precision

We're on holiday in Abersoch this week. Here's a pic from the Welsh Highland Railway this afternoon.

i-P7sczHc-X2.jpg

Bet that was a lovely looking engine Dave, nice image too.
Here it is…

Fairlie Locomotive 'Merrdin Emerys' at Blaenau Ffestiniog this afternoon. A double ended steam loco with a single boiler through the middle mounted on an articulated double bogie. An odd looking bit of kit but perfect for the tight curves on railways like this.

i-Mj98fBd-X3.jpg

Here it is…

Fairlie Locomotive 'Merrdin Emerys' at Blaenau Ffestiniog this afternoon. A double ended steam loco with a single boiler through the middle mounted on an articulated double bogie. An odd looking bit of kit but perfect for the tight curves on railways like this.

i-Mj98fBd-X3.jpg

Love it Dave, what a beauty that is.

Great photo of an interesting loco Dave and high precision of its time.

Pete

Last edited:
Back