weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 16 : EMPTY

Unkempt: Nicely done. Love the textures
Gob shot: Fits the bill nicely on both counts. Certainly some great colour.

Unkempt: Nicely done. Love the textures
Gob shot: Fits the bill nicely on both counts. Certainly some great colour.
Cheers Helen :)

Week 15 : Snapper's Choice.

Craig and The Cs

I have this thing I do on Facebook where I often post an iPhone shot in a cafe on my travels. The thing is to include things beginning with C. So usually it's something like 'Camera Coffee Cafe Cake'

Yesterday I went to St Luke's Bombed Out Church in Liverpool with my Son Craig an his pals for a beer festival as part of his 30th Birthday celebrations. So I give you...

Camera, Cappuccino Stout, Chicken Curry (Thai Red) pie, and Craig - in a Church. Bonkers I know but hey ho!

iPhone 14

i-RsRcw45-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha! Cool! All the Cs in your Choice!
You could add Calvo (Spanish for bald!) as there are at least four behind your lad!!!

Ha ha! Cool! All the Cs in your Choice!
You could add Calvo (Spanish for bald!) as there are at least four behind your lad!!!

Ta :) There's one behind the camera too :D

I c Craig was enjoying the celebrations, ok next day? Some of the beers I have tried at beer festivals have , at best, an unusual flavour but often high strength
Only crit would be you need to buy a Canon camera

Sounds (and looks) like a great "C"ombination
Twas ta :)

I c Craig was enjoying the celebrations, ok next day? Some of the beers I have tried at beer festivals have , at best, an unusual flavour but often high strength
Only crit would be you need to buy a Canon camera
My fave is a nice thick juicy and hazy New England Double IPA - usually about 8% :)

Didn't hear from Craig next day hehe :angelic:

That explains it all, Dave. So are you doing D for Week 25?
We'll see :)

Week 16 : Empty

A disused and empty swimming pool at a local gym almost on the beach at Hest Bank near Morecambe. Taken through foggy double glazing using my own reflection up close to counter the reflections. I like the way you can see the beach through the parts of me I couldn't get on at the left :)

i-LXpHmbC-X2.jpg

Very nice, I really like that. Almost spooky and harking back to a brighter time in the past.

Did you use some straightening software to square up the whole image? I love how all the verticals are vertical.

Very nice, I really like that. Almost spooky and harking back to a brighter time in the past.

Did you use some straightening software to square up the whole image? I love how all the verticals are vertical.

Ta :)

A very slight tweak. 30mm on the Nikon Z 14-30mm is pretty much distortion free.

That's a beaut.

I actually thought the 'reflections' were pools of light (forgive the pun) streaming in somewhere.

If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have thought it was taken through a window.

I've often thought about one of those rubber lens caps, but I don't do it often enough to warrant more 'stuff' in the house.

Spooky indeed and a flickr fave if ever I saw one. Great job!
Ta muchly Bob :)

That's a beaut.

I actually thought the 'reflections' were pools of light (forgive the pun) streaming in somewhere.

If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have thought it was taken through a window.

I've often thought about one of those rubber lens caps, but I don't do it often enough to warrant more 'stuff' in the house.

Cheers Kell :)

Great mono shot, especially if it was taken through the window - its not obvious until you said so. It has a rather eerie feel. Nice one.

Great mono shot, especially if it was taken through the window - its not obvious until you said so. It has a rather eerie feel. Nice one.
Cheers Helen :)

Back