weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 19 : BENT

Great pic, as others have said very atmospheric and think that you did a great job capturing the lighting in your water shot

Great pic, as others have said very atmospheric and think that you did a great job capturing the lighting in your water shot

Thanks Megan :)

Week 5 - Snapper's Choice

A mooch along the prom this afternoon yielded a snap of 'Jade' before the tide came in.

i-R4wSwks-X3.jpg

Nice sharp shot which suits Jade, she looks in great condition and very tidy

Nice sharp shot which suits Jade, she looks in great condition and very tidy
Thanks Keith. The Nikon MC 105mm F/2.5 S is one of the sharpest lenses I've had.

Ooh, that's nice. Lovely and sharp, and mono suits it perfectly.

Ooh, that's nice. Lovely and sharp, and mono suits it perfectly.

Thanks Simon :)

If anything this lens is too sharp on the Nikon Zf!

Jade looks great, and think mono has worked really well for the snap

Of all the shots in this week's category, I think this is the one I wish I could say I'd taken.

That's lovely Dave. Nice separation between Jade and the background and works well in black and white.

Hiya Dave,

Water: Oooh, that is soo calling for a tilt shift style processing lovely shot.
Snappers: Great find and processing. Works really well. Nice that there are some reflections in the water too.

That's a beauty Dave, really liking that.
Thanks Keith :)

Of all the shots in this week's category, I think this is the one I wish I could say I'd taken.
Cheers Nick :)

That's lovely Dave. Nice separation between Jade and the background and works well in black and white.

Ta Pete :)

Hiya Dave,

Water: Oooh, that is soo calling for a tilt shift style processing lovely shot.
Snappers: Great find and processing. Works really well. Nice that there are some reflections in the water too.
Thanks Tim :)

I do like the B&W images I see on the forum in these challenges, always make me think I should have a go. Lovely image there.

Ta Adam - you should :)

Week 6 : Neat & Tidy

Birley Street in Blackpool looking very Neat & Tidy in the off-season!

Nikon Zf with manual Voigtlander 15mm Superwide Heliar

i-HJkk3CH-X2.jpg

Nice one Dave.
Those patterns on the paving blocks might make me a bit dizzy, but I suspect that's just the angle of the shot.

Works well. And a curious bit of ..... street lighting is it?
Yeah - a bit of bonkers lighting. With that and the pattern in the paving I wouldn't fancy walking along there with a belly full of beer :eek: :giggle:

Nice one Dave.
Those patterns on the paving blocks might make me a bit dizzy, but I suspect that's just the angle of the shot.

Ta :) Partly yes but see above ^^^^ :D

I had to click through to see where this was. That's quite a special view for a high st / shopping centre.

Cheers Tim :)

That definitely fits the theme and not a chewing gum in sight. I like your choice of wide angle lens. (y)
Thanks Stan - it's a lens off my old Bessa R3M :)

Snappers. Love this shot... great dof and lovely light on the boat.
Neat and tidy: Good capture and a nice angle.

Week 7 : Filthy

Steam loco fireman - a filthy job!

i-wZdRsDC-X3.jpg

Back