Photo52 2010 - Join Us

I'm In! :clap:

I'll try and get past week 24 in 2010!!!! hopefully my life will be a little less disrupted than this year (plus i'll have internet access back 24/7 by the start of Feb!)

Simon, are you still going to email the theme each week?

I Might do this in 2010. It would have been a bit much doing this AND the 365 of my girls, but that is coming to an end next week so i'll be looking for something to 'fill the gap'!

I must be :nuts: .... but I'm in again.

Simon, do you think it would be worth getting the Mods to split out the 365 and 52's into two seperate forums ? That would make finding all the threads much easier.

Sounds a reasonable idea, I think the key will be how many actually stay beyond the first few weeks, this year with all the 365s and 52s I think everything fitted on 1 page. However next year if the 365s and the 52s regularly keep dropping of page 1 then I think there could be a strong argument. Anyway it's not up to me - it's our wonderful trio of Admin that control that :D.

Simon, are you still going to email the theme each week?

I've not emailed the theme for quite some time (since June IIRC) I found it took far too much time, the theme will be posted in the Challenges section as described in the first post plus it encorages everyone to go on the forums and participate more ;).

I've not emailed the theme for quite some time (since June IIRC) I found it took far too much time, the theme will be posted in the Challenges section as described in the first post plus it encorages everyone to go on the forums and participate more ;).

yeah, fair enough. (y)

ok, another nube to TP, but I'm in (but could fall by the wayside!!)

After this year's 365 I'm never doing one again, way too much work. But this should be better, so count me in (thanks for the heads up Dave).

Agree with jgs001 and SarahLee, splitting the 52's and 365's is a great idea ;)

I'm half way through my 40 to 40 so very much looking forward to something a little more structured. Hope someone is available to explain some of the topics though :)

I'm half way through my 40 to 40 so very much looking forward to something a little more structured. Hope someone is available to explain some of the topics though :)

I suspect the idea is to put your own interpretation on them :LOL: I think 'Grunge' caused a few irate snappers this year ;)

I'm up to give it ago, can only be beneficial to my togging and a kick up the rear end.

Rob.

I'm in :) I've been thinking of joining this for a while and now seems an ideal time to start.

I only joined the forum late last year, and seeing the 52 threads felt it was too late for me to join in, so I started my own (up to week 11 now). However, I would love to join in the themed 2010 52, as I feel I sometimes need a push to get out there taking photographs.

When do we get the first week, and how soon before each week do we get the theme?

Arthur

Cool, I may have figured how to use this camera with a little more confidence by then - right now I'm still looking at all the settings every shot.

Arthur

Start the next decade in style and come an join us.

Definitely. Just set myself up a flickr & blogspot account for this so I can keep track of it. ;)

All you 52ers joining for the first time welcome :wave:

However there's one thing you need to know: at some point you will need a crowbar to get a pic into the theme so it my be useful if you looked here cos we really, really need one.

Cool, I may have figured how to use this camera with a little more confidence by then - right now I'm still looking at all the settings every shot.

Arthur

There is no need to worry about your standard or confidence. The idea of the Photo52 is to help photographers build their skills and confidence as the year progresses.

Even if you don't get the shot you had in your mind every week just explain what you were trying to achieve and how you went about getting the shot you were after and I'm sure that your friendly fellow 52ers will be able to point you in the right directection. I'll be honest I don't think that there is anyone who can honestly say they get the shot every time :)

However there's one thing you need to know: at some point you will need a crowbar to get a pic into the theme so it my be useful if you looked here cos we really, really need one.

Only need a crowbar if you don't yet have the confidence to go all arty and explain how the photo of a roll of sellotape somehow meets the theme of Oceanic :p

Seriously, if your thought path with a theme leads you to take a certain photograph then all you need to do is explain your mental processing. We can then decide if we need to call the men in white coats to take you to a nice comfortable room in a nice warm hug jacket

... something I should know here? I must be thick, I do not get the connecgtion, unless we are talking about borderline theme-fitting?

Arthur

I WILL be taking part again, and I WILL take more than 2 photos :p

Really disappointed with the lack of time I have for photography because of this bleedin' job :(

... something I should know here? I must be thick, I do not get the connecgtion, unless we are talking about borderline theme-fitting?

Arthur

Nope you've got it 100%, it's people taking a photo that has tenious links to the theme and then claiming it fits the theme without any real confidence in their own explaination.

It is most usually done when a theme is unusally bizzare e.g. Grunge

Thanks - best get my specious-arguement-gland warmed up then!

Arthur :D

Only need a crowbar if you don't yet have the confidence to go all arty and explain how the photo of a roll of sellotape somehow meets the theme of Oceanic :p

Seriously, if your thought path with a theme leads you to take a certain photograph then all you need to do is explain your mental processing. We can then decide if we need to call the men in white coats to take you to a nice comfortable room in a nice warm hug jacket

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

As well you know I always justify why my pic 'fits' and I'm still waiting for my nice warm hug jacket. Is it a TP fleece cos I could fancy one of those :D

I think you probably owe me half a dozen by now ;)

Hi guys. I'm back behind the lens and want to work really hard at my photography in 2010.
I can't manage a 365, but I'm in for the 52! :D

eeeerrrmmm hello :wave: i have been lurking around for a little while and having read this thought i'd register and give this a go as i need to spend more time behind the camera so expect some stupid question and some outcries for inspiration when i feel like this ------->:bang::bang::bang: ,"i must be:wacky:"

2010 should be quite eventfull for me, im leaving home and going into the RAF so im definately in. i'll miss a week in january as im on holiday and atm my camera is broken so i may miss a couple from that, but i'll do as many as i can

Well i'm sorry to say i wont be taking part this year, this is for a number of reasons. Mostly because i have found it restricts my photography rather than fuels it. This is because i have ideas for photos but with limited time i am always thinking i must do my 52 first, which is ok if i can think of a photo for the theme.
The second reason is i will be having a busy start to the year as i am going to be moving house (the thought of which fills me with dread, packing :puke:)
The third reason is I want to be more creative with my photography especially my out doors work.
Good luck to everyone for 2010, im off to finish my thread for 2009 with a grand finale :)

Going to give this a go. I need to start to think about my photography more and force myself to start getting out and about as well. There's only so much rugby I can photograph and I need to make other pics less like snap-shots.
Can't guarantee I'll make it every week but will give it a damn good go.
Started a blog last year which managed about 3 days - I may manage an entry a week on that as well now if only to track this journey.

Back