Photo52 2010 - Join Us

Ok, total n00b at this but I'll give it a go. But when the theme is pan expect a photo of the contents of my kitchen cupboard :tumbleweed:

Doh! now what am I gonna do, the only theme I had any kind of plans for and you go an blow it! I may as well give up now....:bonk:

That'll work totally... you can use any interpretation you want, it's your 52. A couple of weeks ago we had a loaf of french bread posted for Pain ...:D... (wasn't mine)...

I think it was SarahLee who asked very nicely to have it back in the bag this year as she enjoyed it so much :D

I missed this earlier (and I'm probably really stupid to draw even more attention to it now) - but :razz:

SarahLee's going to be very surprised to hear that methinks ;)

You're right Jill - that's not quite my recollection of the conversation either.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sarah... This isn't the first time he's done it... :rules: :LOL:

Welcome aboard Charlie (y)

When setting up for next years 52, do I use the New Thread or New Starter Thread option.

Cheers

Andy

Oh dear what am I doing !!!!!!

I think I'll give this a go.
So will the 1st theme will be announced on Sunday 3rd ????

Can anyone tell me where to set up my thread please.

Do I just create a

'dan_yorkshire Photo52 2010 thread'

in the competitions, challenges and inspiration forum?

I heard rumours of a photo52 forum being set up to keep them all together.

Also when will the first theme be announced? 1st January or does it run from a specific day of the week? (i.e Sun - Sun)

Looking forward to it, hope I'm not too shocked with what I've let myself in for.

Can anyone tell me where to set up my thread please.

Do I just create a

'dan_yorkshire Photo52 2010 thread'

in the competitions, challenges and inspiration forum?

I heard rumours of a photo52 forum being set up to keep them all together.

Also when will the first theme be announced? 1st January or does it run from a specific day of the week? (i.e Sun - Sun)

Looking forward to it, hope I'm not too shocked with what I've let myself in for.

I'm new to this aswell so if I'm wrong someone will put it right.

You need to go into "General Photo Sharing" then into "Projects, personal challenges & themes"

Hope I'm right !!!

Ok I'll give this a go, my couple of rules are as i live out a suitcase most of the week for work I may be a little late posting images as I only have my iPhone for Internet connection while I am away.

Alan you're right. Welcome aboard all.

Count me in, I like the sound of the themes it will get me thinking about what I'm photographing instead of just snapping away.

Not sure about this but need motivation to kep getting the camra out so I'm going to give it a go - all advice gratefully received:help::help::help:!

Ok so I'm sad enough to be here at 1:30am new years day wondering what the first theme is. Where do we find out?

Ok, I've been on here a lot lurking and reading but not posting.

I came on to find some reviews of courses and read a few comments that suggested that doing photo52 could help me improve as much, if not more, than many courses could.

So here I am, feeling a wee bit nervous but hoping to give this a really good go.

I bow out of this I think, guys.
I may join it if I miss doing it at all.
Wish you all lots of luck and I shall carry on watching your threads :)

Well, I have never done anything like this before... I wonder? I am going to struggle with this but it will be a great opportunity to expand my artistic braincells and camera skills.

My additional rule will be:

:rules: If I can't come up with anything for the weekly topic that is selected out of the hat, I am allowing myself to use firstly a 'synonym' of the word, and if still stuck then I can use an 'antonym' of the word. This should keep it roughly on topic but would give many more ideas, as well as learning me my Engerlish ploppery :nuts:

Example: Distortion

Definition: deformity; falsification

Synonyms: baloney, bend, bias, buckle, coloring, contortion, crock, crookedness, exaggeration, intorsion, jazz, jive, lie, line, malconformation, malformation, misinterpretation, misrepresentation, misshape, misstatement, misuse, mutilation, perversion, slant, smoke*, story*, tall story, torture, twist, twistedness, warp

Antonyms: beauty, clarity, perfection

I will need all the help I can get!

Bloody hell! Doing all that word stuff is enough of a challenge, let alone taking a decent pic! :LOL:

As a fellow newbe, and still to scared to post my own photos, this will be a great way to dive straight in! I'm def in :)

I'm confused... surely wriggling out of the weekly theme system is not in the spirit of the system? The point for me is that you are given a theme, go and work inside that boundary and find an image... that is the whole reason for doing this particular 52 am I correct? Saying you will do it is fine, but then saying that if it's too hard then you won't is actually really not doing it at all - either accept the challenge in it's totality or surely there is no challenge?

Arthur http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ambermile/titters/s***storm.gif

Right count me in folks. :D

Having just finished my 365, I think this will keep me occupied and happy all year.

Will also make me feel better that I'm not ignoring the new members of the family (my cameras) every day. :)

Right count me in folks. :D

Having just finished my 365, I think this will keep me occupied and happy all year.

Will also make me feel better that I'm not ignoring the new members of the family (my cameras) every day. :)

No nighties though, right? At least not at the start
scared-sofa.gif

Arthur :D

Right, go on then. I'll give it a go and if it doesn't work out for whatever reason I can always pull out. Hopefully I'll stick with it though, I need something like this.

I'm in! But as always bringing up the rear. Took me a couple of weeks to find this thread and even then I needed to be pointed in the right direction :LOL:

I bow out of this I think, guys.
I may join it if I miss doing it at all.
Wish you all lots of luck and I shall carry on watching your threads :)

Awww - I'll miss you and your great pooches, Shorty. I hope you'll pop in when you have time, and I hope you miss us all enough to rejoin!

I'll look out for your posts elsewhere, too! :)

Jean

Right, I've been thinking about this and as much as I have enjoyed taking part in the 52 this year I am now thinking I will bow out for 2010 in favour of a different personal project. I think I will gain more now from really focusing on how I am taking the shots rather than on interpreting different themes each week. It's no secret that I have struggled to keep up a lot of the time in 2009 and I want to allow myself more time to take a more considered approach in 2010.

Good luck to everyone who is going to take part - it has really helped me this last year and was exactly what I needed when I was just starting out (y)

It will be weird not having a weekly challange... I reserve the right to change my mind!! :D

I really understand you wanting to concentrate on how you're taking the shots, rather than fitting in to a theme, and I hope you'll be sharing your personal project with us all. Lots of good luck with it. (y)

And perhaps you'll miss us enough to come back with sexy undies and the JD ;)

Jean

Well I'm going to give it a go but with a difference, I'm going to try and shoehorn each of the themes into a macro shot in some way hopefully. I will probably fail but hey ho I'll give it a go. :D

Well I'm going to give it a go but with a difference, I'm going to try and shoehorn each of the themes into a macro shot in some way hopefully. I will probably fail but hey ho I'll give it a go. :D

I was just looking through the list to see which could be macro shots and I was going to not use any jokers but then I saw "AXES" "EVOLUTION" "PARADOX" eeek! oh and "GRUNGE" of course :LOL:

Can not wait to see this, Good luck alby

:eek: you lot are scaring me now, oh well I can only fail :LOL:
Thanks for the wishes and likewise to all of you and your 52s. ;)

Well I.m in but I have not got a clue what I am doing or where to post the photos :help:

Hope this may be made clearer to us total nubes!!!!!

I really understand you wanting to concentrate on how you're taking the shots, rather than fitting in to a theme, and I hope you'll be sharing your personal project with us all. Lots of good luck with it. (y)

And perhaps you'll miss us enough to come back with sexy undies and the JD ;)

Jean

Thanks Jean - and don't worry, I will definately have a DS 2010 Personal Project thread on the go - you can't get rid of me that easily!

If I'm lacking inspiration for my project I was thinking I could use the themes from the 52 to get me going again so in a way it might all link up anyway ;)

:clap: First week's theme is up - and it doesn't look like a bad one to start on!

Good luck everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your threads.
If I don't comment straight away it's because I try to avoid everyone else's until I've got my shot done - it stops me being influenced and makes sure that I think about the theme for myself.
(although with the number of people taking part this year, it might take me a couple of evenings to catch up with everybody's :eek:)

It's great to see a real mix of established members and new joiners signing up this year. It'll be interesting to see the range of interpretations.

Where? How? What next? Where do we go?

Back