Photo52 2010 - Join Us

Oh, I got it. Right at the bit that says 52 2010 Week 1 :D

hi everyone,

I'd like to be added to the list if thats ok with all - a great learning process.

please can i join in I will prob be awful but will make me do something iyswim

I'm in :D

I've been giving this some thought, was going to try a wildlife one but this sounds good and is going to get me very out of my comfort zone!

Good luck everyone, I hope this doesn't turn out like my general attempts to get fit in January!

Al

Oh and I meant to say thanks Simon for organising this, people like you are what make this forum great :clap: (y)

Al

After failing to enter any of the competition rounds last year in 2009, and failing even more miserably to get my sorry ass outa bed to shoot any decent landscapes, I too am throwing my lens cap into the ring on this one. I'm not sure about the first 'theme' being a soft option though!

Well I'm kinda new to this photography lark but am rapidly getting hooked, lots to learn so what better way to do it than joining in with the 52?!? Also help to fill some of those work lunch hours with some purpose!!

Looking forward to it

C

Thanks Jean - and don't worry, I will definately have a DS 2010 Personal Project thread on the go - you can't get rid of me that easily! That's great - I shall definitely visit your thread regularly.

If I'm lacking inspiration for my project I was thinking I could use the themes from the 52 to get me going again so in a way it might all link up anyway ;)Unless it's the GRUNGE week?

:clap: First week's theme is up - and it doesn't look like a bad one to start on! We'd better make the most of it then - there are some real horrors on the list! :eek:

Good luck everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your threads.
If I don't comment straight away it's because I try to avoid everyone else's until I've got my shot done - it stops me being influenced and makes sure that I think about the theme for myself.
(although with the number of people taking part this year, it might take me a couple of evenings to catch up with everybody's :eek:)

It's great to see a real mix of established members and new joiners signing up this year. It'll be interesting to see the range of interpretations.

Good luck from me, too. Remember - if you think a particular week's theme is hard/impossible - we're all in the same boat! And we'll all moan about it but there's always the next week to look forward to. :)

I try not to look at other people's shots until I've at least taken and processed mine, but I will try and comment on as many as possible. It looks like lots of people are already off the starting blocks and posting Week 1. I haven't even got close to thinking about it yet. What a start to the year! :(

Jean

Just set up my 52'er thread, not sorted my first shot though yet.

This should be an interesting little project and I look forward to getting underway soon... right... curves...

Good luck all :)

OK been contemplating for a while and now my decision is made...... I'm in!

so many new things i wanna try and always up for a challenge... :)

Rav

Hi all - I've found the main thread at last ( didn't see it stickyed yesterday )..... I'm defiantly having ago at this first of all as a challenge but secondly to improve my skills before I go DSLR.....

Could I suggest the current weekly theme is stickyed some where at all or even the first post of this thread is updated ?

Although I dont have advanced lens's like some of you guys I'm sure I can give it a good go before hand...

Feel free to call me Terran BTW and if you get chance have a look at some of the other work I have done on my web site.... personally as I have organised them recently I've been able to see them getting better but now I want to really make a difference.

Terran

Sorry if this information is already posted somewhere, I've had a look and couldn't see it. This is my first forum post but is it OK for me to join in with this? If so when is the cut off for week one? I saw Sundays mentioned, and I would be able to go out with my camera on Saturday if that's not too late?

Sorry if this information is already posted somewhere, I've had a look and couldn't see it. This is my first forum post but is it OK for me to join in with this? If so when is the cut off for week one? I saw Sundays mentioned, and I would be able to go out with my camera on Saturday if that's not too late?

:wave: and welcome to the site.
Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of this forum business :)

This challenge is open to everyone and anyone and the more the merrier - so of course you're welcome to join.
It's essentially a personal challenge that people are committing to in order to improve their photography and get them out with the camera at least once a week.
Simon normally posts the next theme around Sunday night, but as a personal challenge the only deadlines are imposed by yourself. If you're a couple of days late in getting your shot it really doesn't matter.

Instructions are in post no.1 of this thread, but please ask if you need any more help.

Too late for me to join???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez..................

Too late for me to join???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez..................

You can join when ever you like (y)
Though we are still on week 1 of the challenge so you have plenty of time.

I just started today also :)

Good luck, and look forward to seeing your thread (y)

It's Friday... that means it's week two already... can we have another theme please...? :D

The themes last year were posted up late on Sunday/early Monday.

Good luck Ed...

I haven't taken my picture yet either, I've got my idea though so hopefully I'll be able to get my thread started this evening :)

(y) Now that's a good idea.
I try to keep up with everyone's, but most weeks I manage to miss one or two - and with the number of people joining next year it would definitely make life easier.

No harm in asking is there?

:plus1:

Hi
Is it still ok for me to join in from week 2, I've missed the first theme. My photography seems to have hit a brick wall and I need some motivation also I am a bit of a lurker and not much of a contributor :shake: so this will also help me get more involved, plus it sounds like fun.

Wayne

:help: Just checking that photos have to be taken within the week - right? Cannot use one I took before:thumbsdown:

Has week 2 been posted yet?
If so I can't find it:help:

It's in this very forum entitled 2010 Photo 52 - Week 02.

Maybe instead of creating a new post each week, Simon could just update a single post with the most recent week's subject at the top. That way we can all check our subscribed threads (y)

:help: Just checking that photos have to be taken within the week - right? Cannot use one I took before:thumbsdown:

Yes, the idea is you interpret the theme and then take a picture to illustrate how you've interpreted it. Hopefully learning something along the way!

Briony
You can use any photos(y)

And what would be the point of that?

It isn't a competition, it's a means of interpreting a theme and giving you some inspiration and a challenge to take a photograph to suit!

I'm in! not too late am I? Just posted my 'curves', well not my curves but those of a patient volunteer/cajolee

Back