Photo52 2010 - Join Us

Hi
Is it still ok for me to join in from week 2, I've missed the first theme. My photography seems to have hit a brick wall and I need some motivation also I am a bit of a lurker and not much of a contributor :shake: so this will also help me get more involved, plus it sounds like fun.

Wayne

Wayne, welcome aboard... Don't feel you've missed week 1, you haven't you can still shoot it and post it. As Ed says, it's not a competition, just a challenge to get the thinking cap out (if you can find it, mine seems to have gone walkabout... ;)), learn and improve, and shoot things outside the comfort zone.

Thanks to Smoothedit I've been cajoled and pressganged ;) into joining in. It will be a really useful challenge for me because I have been so focussed on one genre for the last 18 months that I really do feel the need to widen those horizons again. So you can all look forward to some real dross!

See what you have done Matt!
:)

Any room for a complete n00b? I know I've missed the first week (might post one anyway?)
Hopefully I'll get something out of it (if I don't fall by the wayside early on!)

Is there any way we could get some form of gallery on the go for each week where everyone could upload their picture for ease of viewing. With so many 52 threads on the go I know I'm missing loads, I thought I had at least seen if not commented on all of last weeks efforts (how many ways can you say "nice image", btw?), but having looked at this weeks crop I know I missed loads.

Some kinda gallery page where we could view all images would be great, dunno if thats possible here. Maybe someone can create a "52 - week 2" style gallery that we can all upload to?

Is there any way we could get some form of gallery on the go for each week where everyone could upload their picture for ease of viewing. With so many 52 threads on the go I know I'm missing loads, I thought I had at least seen if not commented on all of last weeks efforts (how many ways can you say "nice image", btw?), but having looked at this weeks crop I know I missed loads.

Some kinda gallery page where we could view all images would be great, dunno if thats possible here. Maybe someone can create a "52 - week 2" style gallery that we can all upload to?

I suppose we could think about having an images only thread for each week in the personal challenges section :thinking:
Limit it to one post per person - their image and a link to their individual thread for people to follow if they want to comment.

The downside to that is people like to write a bit about their shot in their thread when they post it.
We might find people just going straight to the end of the thread to comment without reading anything first.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Been thinking bout this myself, I find myself looking at the same dozen or so threads and completely missing some of the other ones.

I cant think of a way that it could easily be done on the forum, but do have a few ideas which I could host on my site, might mean me maintaining it though unless I could come up with a way of automating it.

I've got a few hours spare tomorrow, so I might see what I can come up with.

I quite like the hectic free for all that is the quest for bumpage :)

It's tricky now, but most of us aren't used to the process and I'm sure none of us expected 160+ entries for week one. I'm sure everything will calm down and become easier over the next month or so.

The trouble with having them in separate threads is you either have to have both open or skip back and forth between them when you're in the middle of a discussion on the finer points. Much simpler keeping it all together IMHO.

Yup - go to the first post, edit, then advanced edit, then do it there.

I suppose we could think about having an images only thread for each week in the personal challenges section :thinking:
Limit it to one post per person - their image and a link to their individual thread for people to follow if they want to comment.

The downside to that is people like to write a bit about their shot in their thread when they post it.
We might find people just going straight to the end of the thread to comment without reading anything first.

How about a flikr account to which we all have the password, with a new set for each week to which we all add images.

The name of the set would be the title of the week, ie Week 1 - Curved, and the images would be the name of the person who took it, probably with a link to their own thread in the description.

Anyone think that might work?

Thanks to Smoothedit I've been cajoled and pressganged ;) into joining in. It will be a really useful challenge for me because I have been so focussed on one genre for the last 18 months that I really do feel the need to widen those horizons again. So you can all look forward to some real dross!

See what you have done Matt!
:)

WAHEY! Just seen this Ali!

Looking forward to seeing more from Bouncy Melons :naughty:

whats week 4 going to be I wonder?

Damn that SmoothEdit dude!!! I should be going to bed, not looking at a new photography forum but he recommended and here I am! Is it too late to join in the 2010 52 fun?

Hey Si! :wave:

The 52's are fairly flexible! Check out the original post in this thread for a detailed explination but the categories that have been so far this year are:
Curves
Poetry
Chopped

And then this week is Street.
New categories are launched each Sunday for the coming week.

Post some of your finest Theatre shots up - the quality of some of them are simply awesome.

Welcome :wave:

Welcome lizbeth and Sonia:wave:

Have fun. It really gets you thinking about what shots to take.

Cheers, Rob

Welcome aboard

:wave: Welcome both - looking forward to seeing your shots.

p.s. if you're starting on week 8, don't be disheartened if you don't get any replies straight away.
Most of us don't look at other threads until ours are in - so Sunday / Monday nights tend to be the main comment nights ;)

Thanks everyone for your welcome - I'm not going to even think of catching up I've started with number 8 :)

Hiya all,

Hope its ok to join in. I have been pointed to this thread as a great idea to help me get started in my photography.

I have been bitten by the bug after visiting a local exhibition and purchased my first DSLR, a Nikon D3000 with 18-55mm VR lens. I have also been reading this excellent website to learn more about composition, exposure, depth of field etc, but with some much to learn I have been a little overwhelmed where to start.

So, I have been recommend letting Photo52 2010 set the project and I just get practising. Take lots of photo's and get feedback on them to help me improve and post my favourite on in the Photo 52 section. Sounds like a plan to me.

Matt

Hiya all,

Hope its ok to join in. I have been pointed to this thread as a great idea to help me get started in my photography.

I have been bitten by the bug after visiting a local exhibition and purchased my first DSLR, a Nikon D3000 with 18-55mm VR lens. I have also been reading this excellent website to learn more about composition, exposure, depth of field etc, but with some much to learn I have been a little overwhelmed where to start.

So, I have been recommend letting Photo52 2010 set the project and I just get practising. Take lots of photo's and get feedback on them to help me improve and post my favourite on in the Photo 52 section. Sounds like a plan to me.

Matt

Of course it's OK, get in there and start shooting, remember it's all about where you end up that's important.

Right, I'm in. In a bit of a photgraphic rut at the moment so I'm hoping the great people also doing the 52 can help me and that challenging myself will get me going again...

Welcome aboard Gary (y)

So are we on week 10 or 11? I can only find Chemistry as the latest subject?

We're on Chemistry which is week 10. Simon posts up the new theme for the coming week on a Sunday evening (normally).

Great stuff, and can I be cheeky and ask what the first 9 themes have been so I can catch up?

Don't worry, worked my way throught the threads...

for anyone else coming in late:

Week 1 - Curved
Week 2 - Poem / Poetry
Week 3 - Chopped
Week 4 - Street
Week 5 - Speed
Week 6 - Present
Week 7 - People
Week 8 - Mechanical
Week 9 - Play
Week 10 - Chemistry

Good man Gary (y)

Oh I want to play!!!!!

Will catch up on the 10 I've missed plus this weeks during this week and then aim to get them all in on that week. Hope that's ok!!!

Sarah :D

Hi all
Can I join in with the 52 ers.
I would like to enter this weeks, and then catch up the first 12 or so weeks.
Regards
Al. :cool:
[albi]

Al,

All are welcome, I was a late comer to so welcome aboard. I'm sure Simon will be along soon to add you to the list.

Just read the first post on the thread to get up to speed and feel free to ask any questions...

Thanks for the welcome mat Gary , all I got to do now is find the subject for this week. :thinking:

Thanks for the welcome mat Gary , all I got to do now is find the subject for this week. :thinking:

It's not out till usually later this evening, SimonTalm will post a new thread on this section with 52 - week 13.

When it's up you can join in the dispair with the rest of us! :LOL:

It's not out till usually later this evening, SimonTalm will post a new thread on this section with 52 - week 13.

When it's up you can join in the dispair with the rest of us! :LOL:

Thanks Gary and your list of the first 10 week themes will come in very useful. Al. [:cool:]

Back