Photo52 2012 : Join In !!! : Week 52 Busy

Southdowns said:
Right, it's 00:02 on Saturday morning. where's the new theme then?

00:51 and still waiting ;)

Come on DK, catch up!!! I'm just off nights so going to look at uploading mine while I'm still too awake to sleep!

Last edited:
I am still up too :D
Does anyone know Sarah's number? I will give her a call to see if we can get an early theme. You never know it could be sunrise, dawn or middleofthenight and we could be cracking on :LOL:

CRAP... that means mine is late... AGAIN :bang:

Inexcusable; pull your finger out and stop making excuses. Anybody'd think there was more to life than photography to listen to you.

;)

'Temperature' ... off to Iceland :D

Temperature? That was a random selection given the hot weather? Seriously?!

This is going to be a tough one. I work in temperature control, so getting out of my normal mindset for this subject is going to be difficult.

OK, thinking cap on.................

Here's my idea being towed away ...

missed.jpg

As I was off to pickup a new lens I didn't bother putting a lens on the D3S when I left home, I thought I would fit the new lens in the shop and then just spend some time taking shots with it.
So when I passed this old A35 on the side of the road with its bonnet up, having over-heated, I couldn't take a photo ... but on the way back he had been rescued and was sitting on the back of the rescue truck.
Lesson learned ... never go out without a lens fitted! :bang:

00:51 and still waiting ;)

Come on DK, catch up!!! I'm just off nights so going to look at uploading mine while I'm still too awake to sleep!
I'm uploading I'M UPLOADING :D

Inexcusable; pull your finger out and stop making excuses. Anybody'd think there was more to life than photography to listen to you.
:sulk:

Still not posted Random but have an idea and also for Temperature.

However I am away from home for 3 weeks with only a netbook with no photo editing/organising software other than Windows Live Photo Gallery. That is ok for some things but the resizing makes the shots vry small on screen.

Thanks to advice from mjthome i can use PE to resize but that is not loaded on this netbook. I am considering whther there is any free editing software that i can download to help me over this e.g. flickr, picasa. Any others?

I have looked at flickr in the past but been put off downloading because it always wants me to sign up for a Yahoo email account, which I do not want.

But in any event, these may be just high powered photo organinsing progs.

Perhaps I should shoot in a lower res in camera?

Any experiences? Any ideas/ any suggestions?

Hi Alan, I have just googled image resize and there are a few programs that can do it, I've also heard about Gimp, but I can't access it from here (at work:naughty:) to post a link.

I use Flickr and don't have a Yahoo account, I sign in with my google account but I think you can sign in with Facebook too. Ultimately just upload a low res version and put a better one on at a later date, I certainly wouldn't shoot smaller!

Alan, For a very quck and dirty image resize I use the Microsoft Powertoy Image Resize tool.
You just do a right mouse click then select 'resize'. Simples.
Available from Microsoft for Windows XP (search on Google) and from here for Win7.

PS love your 'Temperature' but agree the original pic would have been better.

Last edited:
Hey to you all just a quick note to say I am still here. I have my shots up to temp which I hope to get tonight. I have exams on the 12 June so I am working jar for them I will post up soon and then try and catch up on comments!

Still not posted Random but have an idea and also for Temperature.

However I am away from home for 3 weeks with only a netbook with no photo editing/organising software other than Windows Live Photo Gallery. That is ok for some things but the resizing makes the shots vry small on screen.

Thanks to advice from mjthome i can use PE to resize but that is not loaded on this netbook. I am considering whther there is any free editing software that i can download to help me over this e.g. flickr, picasa. Any others?

I have looked at flickr in the past but been put off downloading because it always wants me to sign up for a Yahoo email account, which I do not want.

But in any event, these may be just high powered photo organinsing progs.

Perhaps I should shoot in a lower res in camera?

Any experiences? Any ideas/ any suggestions?

Hi Alan....FWIW....I have a flickr account but sign in via Facebook - I didn't want a yahoo account , can't recall how I did it but it can be done...HTH ?

22 weeks in, and no reshoot cards drawn yet. I'm actually dreading getting one, as then I'll have to actually show some improvement!!!!!

Last edited:
Is it Saturday yet? Got a new camera, and need to use it :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Sony SLT Alpha 65 :) It arrived this afternoon from Park Cameras, and I'm loving it, though haven't really tried it in anger yet. This is going to be a fun weekend :)

Come on Sarah, my new battery's almost dead, just sitting here playing with the menus while waiting for something to photograph! ;)

Abstract! I think this is the first one we've had that suggests a style of photography rather than a subject. Could be very interesting :)

Well thats odd, we had abstract last year?? :thinking:

Perhaps Sarah accidentally put that one back in instead of the reshoot cards!

I now actually want a reshoot, because I now know which one I want to redo and how I'd shoot it :)

Back