weekly Posiview's 2012 ....week 52 Busy added...finished!

Hi ya matey

hmmmm... leaves were my 1st thought....glad I didn't shot them as wouldn't have got close to yours ! Liking both shots equally , the inclusion of the brown one works well , like the layouts & the lighting (y)

What is it with shadows ? They occur naturally so to me , are part of the image & just for that reason #2 probably pips #1 to top spot :clap:

really wanna try some of this image stacking but can't find out how to in pse10 ...don't think it's possible :(

It's all good....not sure the project would last if we all posted the same photograph...

:wave:

Indeed...looking forward to tomorrow...
Hi ya matey

hmmmm... leaves were my 1st thought....glad I didn't shot them as wouldn't have got close to yours ! Liking both shots equally , the inclusion of the brown one works well , like the layouts & the lighting (y)

What is it with shadows ? They occur naturally so to me , are part of the image & just for that reason #2 probably pips #1 to top spot :clap:

really wanna try some of this image stacking but can't find out how to in pse10 ...don't think it's possible :(

Cheers. I had quick look and not sure if pse 10 can do stacking.

If you ever want any doing...email them and ill do for you.

LeaveS mmmmm :LOL:

I actually like the set up of these with my preference being with #1. The addition of the brown leaf adds a nice dimension.

Cheers Peter...quite a discussion this week about how folk have interpreted the theme.

I suspect very few have got 'leave'...quite a few 'leaving' and the likes.

Anyway, the journey is as important as the arrival...;)

Well.....been shopping (ssshhhhhhh, Jackie might hear!!)...bought a SB 700...feels quality...need to work out how to use it and buy a rechargable battery kit...

Cheers all and happy interpreting tomorrow...;)

posiview said:
Well.....been shopping (ssshhhhhhh, Jackie might hear!!)...bought a SB 700...feels quality...need to work out how to use it and buy a rechargable battery kit...

Got to love new toys!

I hate flashes, no idea how to use mine = must use them and start learning:bonk:

Good leave shot with good lighting. Well done.

Thanks, Robert.

Got to love new toys!

I hate flashes, no idea how to use mine = must use them and start learning:bonk:

LOL...I'm obsessive my nature...since I bought the flash at 13.00 Friday...I've watched over 18 hours of videos on OCF and I'm still watching NOW.

I am, to say the least.....a bit tired.

Cheers and onwards to Random :puke:

Well, I'm knackered. Been watching more speedlight videos and bought a flash photography book today :puke:

Anyway, I went to Roundhay Park with 3 ideas in mind: one was to get a triptych of 'Random destruction', but I found no destruction at all...which is, of course, good...didn't help with my Random, though.

Idea 2...took photographs but decided to reshoot at night.

Idea 3 below....let nobody say it's not on theme. Some of the photographs are not as good as I'd like - I should have metered R and N better to get a white BG. I've very happy with the light LH side and darker RH side.

I wanted to give it some depth so had my first go with water reflection.

Cheers, good luck and I'm off for a catch up (y)

Week 21 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

It's not on theme:shake: only messing with you, would love to know more about how you got this though it looks like its been computer generated. very clever:)

Leave; setting aside that I think Leaves is stretching it a bit for the theme (not that that matters), I love number 1. Great composition and colours; spot on!

Random I'm ignoring until I've done mine!

Random not wild about it but I do like the lowercase d as it does make me ask why have you used it when the rest are all uppercase? :D

I like that a lot Andy. I like the slightly off exposure on the R and the N, because it differentiates the letters.

So the reflections are real reflections in water? Very very well captured if so.

Last edited:
Random - nice image Andy, looks like you have put a lot of thought into this weeks subject. good focus and lighting and bang on theme (y)

Nick

It's not on theme:shake: only messing with you, would love to know more about how you got this though it looks like its been computer generated. very clever:)

:bat: Cheers...the text was taken at a local park but the reflection was added in PS.

Leave; setting aside that I think Leaves is stretching it a bit for the theme (not that that matters), I love number 1. Great composition and colours; spot on!

Random I'm ignoring until I've done mine!

'Stretching it a bit....'... we won't go there ;) thanks and good luck with your Random.

Random not wild about it but I do like the lowercase d as it does make me ask why have you used it when the rest are all uppercase? :D

Why lower case d? Random :D It's not my final submission...doing that after dark tonight :naughty:...this was more an experience builder.

I like that a lot Andy. I like the slightly off exposure on the R and the N, because it differentiates the letters.

So the reflections are real reflections in water? Very very well captured if so.

Not water, I'm afraid, good old CS5. Cheers.

LIke it Andy, it works very well indeed. The theme is random, so anything could fit! Great work and well done.

Thanks, and I agree, this week's theme was quite open...I do feel, though, that these types of themes can be equally challenging!

Random - nice image Andy, looks like you have put a lot of thought into this weeks subject. good focus and lighting and bang on theme (y)

Nick

Thanks, Nick....I did enjoy looking around for interesting text...got a few strange looks, though :wacky:

like the thought that went into your image, all very random letters!!

Cheers...it was an interesting day.

Well, I volunteered to photograph my daughter's wedding...they have limited funds and I decided to 'give it a go' so to speak. I can always could on Lynne to help me out with a few tips :D

Not only this, but Jackie, as chair of my daughter's PTA, has volunteered my services as photographer for a year end school party...:puke: again they have no money for an official photographer.

Think I need a 17-55mm.....:D

I bought a Nikon Speedlight (SB 700) at the weekend and I've very pleased with it. Basics are quite easy - after exposing for ambient light the flash adjusts to give a good overall exposure. Off out on Saturday at sunset with Jackie and Isabelle for more practice.

Cheers.

Last edited:
What an interesting shot, I don't know how you did it but it is certainly on theme and one of the most interesting :clap:

interesting is the word I'll use too :clap: would like to a little more space at the top tho'

for some reason it reminds me of a church lol

Andy... ANDY

You've done it again... Great image that, well thought out and great angles !!!

Why, thanks a lot...

What an interesting shot, I don't know how you did it but it is certainly on theme and one of the most interesting :clap:

Thanks.....and it's a secret....

interesting is the word I'll use too :clap: would like to a little more space at the top tho'

for some reason it reminds me of a church lol

Thanks, I did have one with a bit more at the top...strange , now I look at it, I does need a small extra in top...

Thanks all.

Good work, again this week Andy.
A quite literal take on the theme but creative and unique nonetheless.
I prefer the dom side to the ran :LOL: I find the darker more natural tones more appealing.
I admire your enthusiasm to try something different Andy :clap:

Hi Andy, I like random, it's very clever. The mirror reflection works very well.

You've watched 18 hours of video of OCF? :nuts: Can you teach me what you've learnt?

Good luck with the wedding. But one question, how can you walk your daughter down the isle and take photos:thinking:

Ey'up mister

I'm liking that Random image....well though out & exectued...not what I was expecting from you I must say but it works well :clap:

I shall bring my flash to the meet...expect loads of questions :LOL:

I have the 18-55 nikon if you wanna borrow it for the school thingy ?

As for the wedding...my god you're a brave man....had to laugh at Marsha's comment re walking your daughter down the isle whilst taking photo's of same...tis a valid question though :thinking:

I'm with Iain in that I prefer the right hand side which looks more natural and interesting than the left. I recognise the M from the Mansion restaurant :LOL:

Good work, again this week Andy.
A quite literal take on the theme but creative and unique nonetheless.
I prefer the dom side to the ran :LOL: I find the darker more natural tones more appealing.
I admire your enthusiasm to try something different Andy

Thanks...I have to say the 'd' is my favourite.

Hi Andy, I like random, it's very clever. The mirror reflection works very well.

You've watched 18 hours of video of OCF? :nuts: Can you teach me what you've learnt?

Good luck with the wedding. But one question, how can you walk your daughter down the isle and take photos

Thanks. 18 hours....and then some. 'Flash', I thought, 'How hard can it be?'....well, blooming hard to get right.

Ey'up mister

I'm liking that Random image....well though out & exectued...not what I was expecting from you I must say but it works well :clap:

I shall bring my flash to the meet...expect loads of questions

I have the 18-55 nikon if you wanna borrow it for the school thingy ?

As for the wedding...my god you're a brave man....had to laugh at Marsha's comment re walking your daughter down the isle whilst taking photo's of same...tis a valid question though :thinking:

Thanks, flashes....:nuts: as always, I've gone into overload...:bonk:

Regarding the wedding, for some reason, they've chosen a Registry wedding so not too bad for me...I'm also the step father and Sophie's dad will be there, obviously...bit awkward...but I'll be either behind my camera or in front of the bar :D

Thanks for the offer of the lens but I'm going to hire a 17-55mm :naughty: :nono: :naughty: :nono:

I'm with Iain in that I prefer the right hand side which looks more natural and interesting than the left. I recognise the M from the Mansion restaurant

Cheers, Peter, I, too, prefer the RH side...the M is, indeed, from the mansion. If you get one more...there's a prize in it for you (y)

Well, Temperature idea attempt #1 = Fail. Just idea attempted #2 = fail.

Sometimes I really make things difficult fir myself...:bonk::bonk::bonk::bang::bang::bang:

I have other ideas...

Cheers and some cracking Temperatures so far.

Hi Andy.

Not so keen on the first one to be honest; it's just a little ordinary, and a bit too dark I think.

But, number 2 is a work of art! beautifully sharp, wonderfully abstract, lovely colours, just plain stunning!

I like both No1 is nicely composed but needs a bit more vibrancy No2 fantastic reds and orange, maybe slight crop off the bottom:thinking: superb focus on both :clap:

Both nice shots. I like the composition of #1 and the vivid colours and sharpness of #2 (not that #1 isn't sharp).

Edit - Just noticed after posting that this was virtually what Allan said :)

Last edited:
hi andy,

I like both of them but #2 pips it for me, like the tight crop and the texture on the wick..

Hi Andy.

Not so keen on the first one to be honest; it's just a little ordinary, and a bit too dark I think.

But, number 2 is a work of art! beautifully sharp, wonderfully abstract, lovely colours, just plain stunning!

Thanks...I got there eventually...:bonk:

Temperature - No 2 for me too. A great shot. But how did you take it without risking damage to the lens?

Now there's a thought...better check..:D

I like both No1 is nicely composed but needs a bit more vibrancy No2 fantastic reds and orange, maybe slight crop off the bottom:thinking: superb focus on both :clap:

Cheers.

Both nice shots. I like the composition of #1 and the vivid colours and sharpness of #2 (not that #1 isn't sharp).

Edit - Just noticed after posting that this was virtually what Allan said :)

Thanks...wish I could have got closer..

Good work Andy, interesting shots.

I like where #1 is going but its not quite there in terms of interest. #2 nails it and it a good take on the theme.

Thanks.

Hi Andy

Temperature - Loving number 2, great detail you have managed there (y)

Thanks, it was detail I was really after...

hi andy,

I like both of them but #2 pips it for me, like the tight crop and the texture on the wick..

Thanks...

Thanks all....I was a bit :shrug: about this one because my ideas were failing by the day....nevermind...

brilliant, love no.2

Nice to have positive feedback...but I've never been one to quit while I'm ahead.

Had this idea while at work today...some meetings can be sssoooo boring :D

I'm quite happy with it, and it was really an experiment in interval photography.

Possibly straying a bit far from the theme, but, it's all good - I've got 9 days off work, having a few beers...exited as hell about the TP52 meet....basically I'm in a :woot: :banana: :woot: :banana: :woot: mood....:D

Week 22 4 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Very good shot Andy. It says burn more than temperature to me,but I like it. I think the only thing that might have improved it would have been to see the match/lighter lighting the candle; that might have told more of a story?

I still prefer number two above though ;)

Back