weekly Pyro's photo52 2012 'Money' added

HI Harry...soory for taking sooo long to pop into your thread :crying:

Direction....nice take on the theme , shaRp where it matters & great use of DOF...nice shot mister :clap:

Fear.....now thats something I wanna try...just can't persuade anyone to wander round a graveyeard at night with...can't imagine why :LOL:

I quite like the color of the 1st but the B&W def suits it more...like the inclusion of the hand shadow too...good thinking :clap:

Look forward to seeing more of your project (y)

Thanks for the comments.

The b&w in the edit really did benefit the shot.it was an odd colour:p

Direction : It works and fits the theme... the white line has been mentioned... nice bit of motion blur against the direction arrow

Fear : Much prefer the edit.. the first was a bit bright, and it helps show the shadow better too.

Well done Harry wading through the posting issues. It can be difficult.

I like your direction picture and agree with most of what's been said so far.
The adjusted gravestones are good too, but if I'm being really picky, I'd be inclined to clone out the bright windows top left. (but thats just me)

Stephen

HI harry, a great start to your 52. Your direction shot is a great take on the theme. As with everybody else's comments the edit of fear looks way better. I also agree with stephen about the windows.

Look forward to the rest of your challenge. (y)

Hello.
This theme was quite a tough one, especially when I tried to shoot some ideas.
My thinking was along the lines of when do we sigh, and I thought relief, dissapointment, something amazing and acceptance. My two riginal ideas didn't work. The first one needed rain but it has been pretty good weather where I am at the moment, or I slept through the rain. My second idea, i tried shooting it twice, both times it didnt work, mostly because of the lighting.

My final shoot, i only thought of today, when I slept through my alarm:LOL:

Its ok although i feel its a bit...bland.
hope you like it

6730692257_4569232621.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:
Yep that's a sigh alright! It might have worked even better if the time had been set to just before the alarm time maybe, but great shot none-the-less.

I slept through my alarm and that was the time!:p but I see your point.

Thanks

I also took this one, with my alarm actually going off and me realising I had slept through.

6730689101_6e9aeca796.jpg
[/url]

If that works better:)

I slept through my alarm and that was the time!:p but I see your point.

Wow, you really DID sleep through didn't you!

The first is my submission, the second was just another one I took that showed the alarm.

The time on the clock is the real time and the 7.00 on the phone is the time the alarm was set for.

Thanks for the coments:)

Thought I would get my thread up and running for the photo 52 challenge.

I'm pretty new to photography but am really looking forward to the challenge, so bring on 2012!

Hoping to shoot my 'direction' photo tomorrow and upload it then too.

Week 1 : Direction http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4282445&postcount=4
Week 2 : Fear http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4319731&postcount=39
Week 3 : Sigh http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4349201&postcount=47
Week 4 : Sweet
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Nice shot, sometimes simple fits the theme! Which I'm struggling to do...

Good effort!

Thanks for the feedback, I also am not too keen on the phone, but it's a different take on it.:p

I also like the simplicity of your shot. Was going to say that the clock face looks a little dark, but on reflection the darkness of the shot gives a better feel of you still being in bed. Good stuff!!

Hey,
here is my week 4, 'Sweet' photo. I was going to take a photo of something sweet, as in cool but then came up with this. I don't think the exposure is great but i tried other settings and it wasn't great so I stuck with this one.

hope you like it:p

6766626907_d463aee320.jpg
[/url]

Hey,
here is my week 4, 'Sweet' photo. I was going to take a photo of something sweet, as in cool but then came up with this. I don't think the exposure is great but i tried other settings and it wasn't great so I stuck with this one.

hope you like it:p

6766626907_d463aee320.jpg
[/url]

I think I see what you were doing here but the B&W isn't doing anything for this :thinking: I think a colour version would probably be better.

hi,
This is my photo for secure, I had a similar shot but then being an idiot realised i was in the reflection of the lock:/. Recreated it again and its ok.

The security of your home is very important, to stop hands entering of course!:)

6813949499_67960ca871.jpg
[/url]

^also, its not in black and white, that is the colour version, but i can see how it could be mistaken.

Hi Harry,

the sweet looks cute enough; Was it made with sugar or is its sweetness purely visual?
The secure is a good idea. I agree with Donnie about the exposure though,and maybe a little straightening too.

^yeah, I did make it out of sugar.

I will try and straighten and mabye tweak the exposure over the weekend:)

Hi Harry
Sweet - good idea combining a sweet item (sugar) with a sweet cartoon pose. I see what you mean about exposure and it would have been good to see the colour version - but you are the judge of that.

Secure - again good idea on theme and i like the addition of the hands rather than just relying on the locks. Agree with others about exposure and a little straightening would allow you to remove the top line of the door panel

Last edited:
Hi Harry

little catch up from me....

Sigh....of the 2 images posted I actually prefer the 2nd one for the blast of color on the phone & the words on the phone :) Would have been 100% of the clock had said a little earlier time to help convey the fact you'd slept through it

The 1st image is just a touch to dark ...but both are on theme so (y)

Sweet...novel idea & nicely done :)

Secure....different take on the theme & well taken...possibly just a tad to dark & needs a lsight crop to lose the top LH part of the door...nice work though (y)

Bit more catching up...

Direction - nice shot with the person going the "wrong way". I spotted the face straight away though!

Fear - I prefer the first but the hand is a bit too "Hammer Horror" for me.

Sigh - I think the first is a bit dark for 1215 and the clock/alarm times don't really work for me. As the alarm is set for 8 I'd have thought 7.50 or 8.20 ish would have been better options. I don't like the mobile phone version though tbh - again the times are too far out for me.

Sweet - is. Bit dark though.

Secure - again this is just my interpretation but tbh it looks about as insecure as it's possible to get! This is possibly a bit dark as well.

This all comes across more negative than I wanted tit to to be fair so feel free to ignore me!

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback, I agree with a majority of it in hindsight...which is a great thing:p.

ivandobski, don't worry about it, it seemed constructive to me!:)

Right, on to my industrial photo.
Its later up here then I would have liked but me idea wasn't really working so I scrapped that one and moved onto the next, and a trip to my grandparents up north was the perfect chance with Runcorn and shell just down the road.

My original shot didn't work, cause it was too misty. Hopefully this one will the the high security of industrial sights. (ties in with secure too)
Maybe too much focus on the fence and not enough on the industrial site behind it, but i can't really change that now i'm back home.

Any feed back is much appreciated, Thanks.:)

6869460581_79fca39cd5.jpg
[/url]

I do agree that it does seem too focussed on the fence for "Industry" it's difficult to make out exactly what it is in the background, nearly looks like the space shuttle :nuts:

I think too that the overall picture looks a little cool white balance wise.

I can see what you were trying to do though, I wonder if a wider depth of field, focussed on the fence but allowing more of the industrial building / station to be made out, but still out of focus would be a better picture?

I had the space shuttle thought but dismissed it as me being silly :p (I think my grandad told me it was an industrial cracker, for fuel:))

With the White balance, I realised I accidentally left it on the White balance I was using for an inside photo, but in the end liked it cause it looked...cold/gritty.

Yeah, I agree:)

Last edited:
I quite like the tones of the shot, but agree with your comments about the lack of focus on the building in the back of the shot. You could maybe use it as a reshoot later on in the year.

Back