weekly Pyro's photo52 2012 'Money' added

Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like the fence was my downfall:p

Phil, this is already a reshoot contender for me:p

Here is my photo for Root, the root of me. this is my grandad and while i know him and he knew i was taking shots, it wasn't 'posed' for so kind of candid.
im quite pleased with it although it was really misty on the mersey so a bit whiter than i would probably like although it does give a certain feel too it.
also the small amount of handrail, i'm unsure if I like that or not.

it wasn't going to be my root photo originally although I think it is better then my other ideas and photos.

6877670689_8107780e15.jpg
[/url]

hope you like it.:)

Novel interpretation of the theme, I like the idea - I'm not keen on him being in the bottom right corner though, bottom left maybe to give him some front space. I would also clean up the dirty mark to his left.

I see what you mean about the position of him.:/

The dirty Mark is a bouy on the river.:p

Ha ha, I will still try and wipe it though as I think it will improve the shot, thanks:)

Great interpretation and one I thought of but no grandparents i'm afraid :(

He needs to be on the left though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Alan, I will crop the space and repost an edit to try that tonight, when I get acres to a laptop:)

Hi Harry, it's the first time I've dropped in on your thread.
Sorry but I'll start with industry. I thought it looked like a shuttle in the background too! I don't mind the fence, I think it would be more fitting for secure though:thinking:

I actually prefer the uncropped root shot, maybe just edit the buoy out?

Just curious to those that said he should be on the left, is that because he's looking to the right of the shot?

You have taken some good photos but I was a little confused when I opened your thread on Industry as the fence would have made an excellent Secure. Now I see your grandads photo and I think Direction but I understand where you are coming from. I think he would have been better looking into the frame even a little. So on the left as he is now the crop you have put up doesn't add anything IMO the first one was fine.

Glad to see you got your ability to edit back.

I like the bleakness of Industry. The lack of definition in the background is nice as is the odd colour (even if not intentional). Gritty

Secure is a nice idea but the exposure is not quite doing it for me? too yellow ?

Nice and simple for Roots, the mist does make the object on the lhs in the distance look like a dust bunny ;-)

Industry - i see what people are saying but it works for me! I like the fence :)

Roots - fab take on the theme. I recently attended a portraiture workshop and one of the 'rules' was that the eyes should be positioned on the top thirds line or above it. We didnt think it would always work but it does have a good rate of success (one of my husbands for the day http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonpwilson/6864890025/in/photostream). Just a thought!

Hi Harry

what a great idea for Root....nicely out of the box but def on theme (y) I'm just starting to understand composition so agree about more space to the right...I want to see what he's looking at ....& prefer the crop...having said that I do like the shot as it is (y)

Thanks for the feedback.

Alex, it does! Although I too was unsure till I actually saw it. And nice shot btw:)

Martin, I can edit again although only very basic, as it's only the Photoshop app for iPad (the free one) that's also why I haven't put an image with the buoy cloned out, as it doesn't have the ability to do that:p

hi,
This is my photo for hand made. Its my first time doing a slow exposure (it was pitch black shooting this) and although i like the idea, its just not sharp enough for my liking also seems stupidly noisy which i have only just notices:/. Also in the possible reshoot pot. might even reshoot without a reshoot card cause im not happy with the quality, if only i could find a box filled with time:p

hope you like it despite the problems

6780554672_222f152bd2.jpg
[/url]

Sweet – I’d have liked a bit more light but I like the idea

Secure – The hands add to the theme on this one

Industry – I can see what you were after. As you pointed out some more DoF to bring in the industry in the background may have helped

Root – I agree with Gramps about having the subject looking into the space

Handmade – This has an almost retro feel to it which I quite like

Just catching up Harry, nice work so far the 'Industrial' being my favourite. Nice lighting for root and concur with comments....

thanks for the feedback. Been weighed down with work and was I'll, so for money I might cheat a little and use a photo I took 2 weeks ago. Hopefully post today or tomorrow.:)

Hi,
Had a tough week, and happened to have taken a shot that fits the theme a couple of weeks ago while in london. Here it is, money!

6947188545_feb7367471.jpg
[/url]

I cropped it slightly.:)

Hi Harry,

I like the idea for your handmade shot and look forward to the reshoot. All I will add is what is on the little finger nail? Is it some light reflection or some funky nail art? I find it draws my eye too much!

Good idea for money though, cheating's allowed sometimes;-)

Hi Harry,

I like the idea for your handmade shot and look forward to the reshoot. All I will add is what is on the little finger nail?

I think my sister was halfway through doing her nails:p

Thanks for the comments:)

Back