weekly Reanimated 52 2014 - Massive update to darkness

Hi Tony

Linked...love the 1st image...Blood Brothers...finally...I "got" one of your shots :D Not gonna crit as I think it works well as it is , plus I couldn't have done half as good !

Step.......1st image all the way for me...I have a similar idea but won't get it shot till next weekend so pleased to see my thinking is not so odd !

The only little niggle for me is the light really looks like a light bulb & not so keen on the bubble of glare above it...would possibly look cleaner without it ?

love the idea behind step into the unknown..... saw also the "bubble of glare" above the light, and then also saw ones below it, before realising they'd be the other streetlights :)

One wrong step is a rather bold crop - but I think it works.

... love the goth image I've decided ... took me a while ;)

Step - Absolutely #1 for me. I maybe tempted to crop off the bottom so the white lines start closer to the border but I like the idea you have tried to convey with this one.

I hope you are on the mend.

I do like the composition and lighting (particularly at the top) on #3 unfortunately it looks soft to me which is a shame. Very much worth a retake though.

I like the soft almost dreamy quality of the third one.

I think it would look very good as a canvas (y)

Hi Tony, number 3 for me too. lovely lighting and well composed, with the focus point spot on for me.

Hi all, sorry for the extended silence. First, the reason why I've been in and out of the Hospital so much:

Unimpressed with the World by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

Both Mum and baby are at home now and everything's ok.

As a result, this week's Action shots are very simple.

First:

Action Sequence by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

Now, I don't know if this one will work properly as it's an animation. It's called Action Packed.

tumblr_n48o09RRJj1rf8uxco1_500.gif

It's hosted on my Tumblr if it's not working.

Hi Tony

Congrats on the new arrival:clap:

Nature......the last shot for me....perfect focus,lovely light & nicely framed with the greenery (y) The lilies come a close 2nd just not so sure on the dreamy softness....need to view it bigger I think

Acton....as usual well put together, well lit (y)

ATB for your new arrival Tony (y)

First action is a good fun image, good pp (y)

the 2nd set of images is very clever, I wouldn't have a clue how you've done that (y)

Thanks for the best wishes, all. Sorry for the silent running; dealing with a toddler and a newborn is quite the experience - especially when you crash the car with the baby in! I'm just very glad I wasn't doing a 365 :)

I've managed to keep up - I think. Let me know if I've missed anything, please, and I'll try and sort it out this week.

Mono:

Crystal Balls by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

Twisted I had two. The first one I had to get out of my head:

Twisted by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

So that I could figure out the actual shot:

Tainted Love by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

And Fresh I used as a technical challenge to solve a problem I'd been having with one of the kids trying to capture movement of liquid without freezing it.

Freshly Squeezed by ReanimatedImagery, on Flickr

I will try and catch up on some comments over the next couple of weeks, promise.

ATB for your new arrival Tony (y)

First action is a good fun image, good pp (y)

the 2nd set of images is very clever, I wouldn't have a clue how you've done that (y)
Hi Phil, Photoshop has an animation function built in; you simple add each image in the sequence as a new frame and there you go. Really is that easy.

MONO - really liked this, not sure if it would look as good with a tighter crop, losing the bit on the right and below the main leaf maybe?

God, Tony, don't know where to start. A huge number of stunning images since I last managed to get in here. Well done. Just... well done.

:)

Stand outs for me are #3 on 168 and #3 in 180.

Cheers.

HWest I love those last two (y)

Last edited:
Hi tony, congrats on the little un! :)

Action sequence with the white wizard is a cracker - love the levitating effect on the struck figure

love tainted love too, and the squeezing orange looks great, lighting on the drips and the squirts of juice is perfect,

very clever - awful lot of work there.... how many frames??, and you started with the earth and shot it backwards right??

Exactly right, aye. As it turns out the D7000 has an intervalometer built in so the actual photographic side of things was really simple once I figured out how long the plasticine would take to melt. The version you see there was 139 frames - I was planning on 180 but didn't realise that the melting would get quicker as the heat from the plasticine that had already melted would act on the world as well. Flip the frame order round and Bob's yer uncle.

Ironically, the hardest thing was making the world up in the right layers.

Some excellent images here Tony :clap: (y)

Love your mono, detail in the water droplets and the shallow dof (y)

I'm impressed with your video for shape, very clever :clap:(y)

Eeekk, missed a few.

Just on my way out so a quick catch up, I'm afraid.

Numbers, works for for. The green smoke is good as is the placement, but the blending is great :)

Fresh, I did a similar one a year or so ago for TP but you've controlled the flash much better than me.

Good detail in mono, I'd pile a slightly closer crop on the droplets.

2 and 3 in post 168 work well, especially #3.

Cheers and I'll keep up from now on :)

Hi, missed you this year, excellent work for numbers I get the HR Giger thing but also reminds me of eraserhead :thinking:

Back