weekly RG Miller 2016 - 52 Challenge

I really like that Richard love the leading line of the bridge. I think the glass is causing a little distortion of the bridge on the left hand side

Hi Richard, I really like that composition, especially if you just crop in from the right (and left) and lose a wafer thing edge of the building and the window frame / stonework. Then I think it makes a wonderful shot... Obviously it's a bit of a shame about the quality of the capture but it doesn't change the fact you've captured it well and it's a really good composition for me :clap:

That is an awesome view - excellent choice ... for the POV .... from the pub that is !!! Not that far behind really Richard - keep going, it's just a momentary blip. Your TP52 portfolio is too good to allow it to lapse. :clap:

The start of the biggest ever catch up! Fingers crossed that after some personal issues I am now in a position to do the biggest ever catch up! Dont worry folks - I wont expect any comments - it is more of a personal challenge! I was out last week and have a few in the can!

Bravo Richard. Three really good submissions; excellent DoF for Life (like that rusty texture), subtle variations in shading for Black & White and beautiful scenic and autumnal colours for the viaduct shot for Big. :clap:

You're catching up nicely Richard, that's a cracking bike!

Keep going Richarad, a really good catch-up. To pick out just a couple - the viaduct (I think its Ribblehead?) is very nice, good light, good sky.and the B7W of Ingleborough is very well done.

Bravo Richard. Three really good submissions; excellent DoF for Life (like that rusty texture), subtle variations in shading for Black & White and beautiful scenic and autumnal colours for the viaduct shot for Big. :clap:

You're catching up nicely Richard, that's a cracking bike!

Well done Richard ...good to see you're still on the thread, and that's a great catch up. all smashing on theme photos. My favourite is the padlocks.

Real goo catch up Richard, some nice pics there... personally really liking the Flora image, a very unusual portrayal for the theme, nice elongated crop too (y)

Keep going Richarad, a really good catch-up. To pick out just a couple - the viaduct (I think its Ribblehead?) is very nice, good light, good sky.and the B7W of Ingleborough is very well done.

Good stuff Richard.

Liking the padlocks .... the PoV, colour & texture.

Great catch-up Richard! My favourite is the motorbike.

Thanks folks! Still quite a mountain to climb but its nice to be getting going again!

Good grief, some catch-up Richard ... not many left surely! I think my fave of this latest tranche is the bike for Activity - beautiful machine; nice DoF to feature the workshop as a bg.

Bit of a catch up there Richard !

Life - I'm guessing it's one of those bridge of locks things?
Nice textures, but I think I would have gone for a greater DoF, I would have liked to see the nut & bolt in the foreground in focus.
Black & White - Hmm, not sure. Nicely processed and on theme, but nothing *grabs* your eye.
Big - Where is that? S&C? This works better than B&W imo because the viaduct is a focal point in the shot.
Static - Very isolated from the network ;) Well captured in the light you had, sufficient DoF to read the info board.
Game - When I saw that, I thought it might be your entry for spooky (diabolical). Focused nicely on the eye, but another one where I personally would have preferred more DoF, to keep the nose in focus too.
Activity - I bet that's worth a few bob. Works nicely, pops well from the background, which whilst cluttered, suits the image and is sufficiently oof.
Flora - Interesting, I think that's the first silhouette I've seen for Flora. Is that a Sunflower? Nicely sharp against the sky.
Pair - Sorry, but DoF too shallow for me again, the closer of the two is slightly oof to my eye, which then detracts. If the DoF needed to be that shallow (light, proximity etc.) then perhaps a step to the right would have had them both in the same plane?

Oooo love that spooky image, well put together in pp, a real eerie feel to it Richard, also really like the colour of the sun on the side of the church, the best thing this time of year, such wonderful colours when there is a glimpse of sun (y)

Last edited:
Wk 25 Sign

20161105_2055.jpg

I was struggling with this one - but actually I think the reflections in the window really make this along with the warm interior of the shop! A winters tale!

Back