weekly Rico's 52. Weeks 7: Root (uninspired)

Hi Richard,

your first sweet is awesome. Really good and I like it a lot.
Your secure hits the mark too with wonderful detail and absolutely no doubt about the theme.
I like your 1st industry shot a lot too, but even though you say its a tight crop, I'd be tempted to crop more from the left.
Great shots.

I've been totally uninspired this week :shake:.
I should have made more effort, but I didn't so here is a photo of a root looking upwards to the tree.

root by ricrico, on Flickr

I'm going to buck my ideas up for next weeks theme.
Roll on tomorrow morning!

Hi Richard,

Been a while since I dropped by,

Sweet:- Got to say your sweet shot is just brilliant, really like it.

Secure:- nice and sharp, looks good in b&w,

Industry:- Lots of great stuff here, the cog and the lead in with the pipe, makes for an excellent composition, looks like that cog has had a hard life! The pylon, taken from this angle works really well. I love the shape and lines. Who'd thought a pylon could look this good? Also very fond of the little boat all on it's own, it kinda whispers industry and I quite like that!

Root:- Agreed, it does fit in with the theme, but I not so sure on this one, well done for getting out there and giving it a go.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
All the best

Carol

Hi Richard

Quite liking your Root shot....different POV from normal but it works well , nice to see a bit of blue sky ....Ivy taking root on the Root of a tree....yeah...good thinking :clap:

Hi Richard, sorry for not popping in again sooner.

FEAR - First shot for me but like others have said I would like to see the ghosts facing the camera on against the window. Apart from that what you have taken is spot on, I would certainly consider reshooting at some point as I think there is a cracking image waiting to come out.

SWEET - I nearly did the exact same photo as you for this theme, I read a article in a magazine I get and had a go myself. Although I didnt go with it in the end, your results are so much better than mine. Lovely take on the theme, really like the colours.

SECURE - Looks secure to me, really like the mono conversion on this one.

INDUSTRY - Really like the first three images and the processing you have used, I might of been tempted to try tweeking the dof on the boat to blur out some of that back ground. Also the colour seems a bit subdued, think this one would benfit from a bit of a brighten and converted to B&W.

ROOT - I like the pov you have used on this one and think the blue sky really makes it work. I can see plenty of roots, bang on theme nice work :)

Hi Richard,

My first visit here too. I find it really hard getting around all the 52ers but I really like your work. The 'Industry' set is excellent with great composition. You have a good set of technical skills combined with creativity - look forward to seeing more of your work (y)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! :)
I've had a really difficult few weeks but things are nearly normal again and I'm preparing the camera gear ready to play catch up.

Got a few ideas and can't wait to get going!

Back