weekly robj20's 52 2019 Week 14 Smooth

Open is open in any form we look at it. Done the job nicely and now you'll get picked up on any images with camera shake :exit:

Don't listen to @Nostromo, it doesn't get any easier. @Cobra as a knack for picking impossible themes ;)
But it does feel good when you've got something done, be it a PABD or something you're really happy with, and the 52 does make you go out / stay in and think as well as shoot.

Thoughts on this shot...
The crop feels a tad on the tight side. Of course, I don't know what constrants you had around you which made you choose this composition.
Works for the theme though, and hopefully it will get plenty of use during 2019 :)

Clean: Nice shot and perfect for the theme. As others have said, I think you are being hard on yourself - with 4 weeks in Mrs Leebert has been the person to kick start my creative engine on 3 of my images so far! :coat:

Open: Who doesn't like opening new goodies :banana: Of course, we'll be scrutinising all your photos for the next 48 weeks to make sure they have absolutely no unintentional movement blur in them :D

Lucky you with new toys to open, good set up the inclusion of the box adds to the theme

Hi Rob,

Nothing wrong with clean, dof is good and nice colours and the vignette draws the eye into the centre. Open may not be the most inspiring image but it's another one ticked off. Always nice to get new things too. Last year I got behind lots as sometimes no inspiration came. Keep at it, hopefully as the baby settles and the evenings get longer you will find a bit more time :D

You have got a shot for the theme and the sign looks good against the sky. Phone shots are a good standby I guess. As I said before, some themes are tricky and to try and be totally original each week is a tough cookie. There are already a number of similar shots in the first four weeks. The important thing is to stay with it, get ideas etc. Cheers.

Another pre Kinneir and Calvert road sign and so much easier to read than the modern one attached underneath.
Nicely composed on the diagonal so that it fills the sky (which has nice clouds).
Taken in low light?

Another pre Kinneir and Calvert road sign and so much easier to read than the modern one attached underneath.
Nicely composed on the diagonal so that it fills the sky (which has nice clouds).
Taken in low light?
Yes early evening.

Hi Rob. A perfectly good set of photos here, I'm not sure why you're worried. I like the first and fourth images best although I agree with @chrispp that erasing the lamppost would make it even better. The tripod shot might have had more impact if you'd managed a shallower DOF but to be honest it's hard to do anything with a new baby about so you're doing brilliantly. Congratulations on the little one by the way.

Thanks for the comments all. It will get easier for me once i can start getting out for walks again. The wife and i used to be out every weekend, it wont be long before George can be taken out in his baby carrier and we can take him up some mountains. Needs to warm up a touch for him as well.
Going to try my best go somewhere with snow at weekend for my Cold photo, probably be Rivington Pike/Winter Hill.

Like the composition of the sign, maybe lighten it slightly to bring out the white of the signs a bit more.

Week 05 Cold

Happy with this weeks, managed to get something i'm happy with. The sort of picture i enjoy. Bonus points if anyone can guess where i took the photo.

Week 05 Cold
by treboraj20, on Flickr

Last edited:
definitely fits the theme well. Love how the boat draws you into the scene and the light on the snowy mountains.

That is a stunner! Very beautiful photo. (and for my bonus point, you were standing on the sand just behind the camera!)

Also, do you have a spot of dust? On the far shore, about a quarter of the way in from the right.

Nice one - that little blob of yellow anongst the blue - winner!

Was taken in Morcombe looking up at the Lakedistrict. All i can think that smudge is would be a rain drop or something, cant be dust its a compact camera.

Cold
I really like the cold blue hue across the scene and the boat is well placed.

Portrays a definite cold feeling, I like the composition especially with the yellow boat in the foreground. Shame though about the little spot on the right.

Nice one Rob - good composition, loads to look at and definately conveys cold

My worst theme yet.

I Gave Up Waiting....

Week 06 Waiting
by treboraj20, on Flickr

None of my ideas panned out at all this week. I had wanted the cat waiting for his food but he wouldn't co-operate. Then i wanted a Waiting sign but didn't get out of the house.

Last edited:
I gave up waiting …. I am thinking you gave up waiting for a shot, and the young'un for the grub. Whatever, a neat idea!!

A gorgeous looking baby. He has your looks except for hair colouring

A gorgeous looking baby. He has your looks except for hair colouring
Just curious how you know he has my looks. He has the same hair colour as me also. lol

Back