weekly Robs 52 - 2016 - *Big Update*

Edit My Images
No
This time round i'm going to base my 52 as far as possible on my trips out, usually as long as the weather allows we go walking at weekend. So i'm hoping to keep photos from indoors at a minimum.

Time to get started then here is week 1.

2016-52-01-Metal
by treboraj20, on Flickr

Love the contrast between earth and sky,, the colours are beautiful.

Nice tones and colours and the central pylon is well exposed against the sky, the processing enhances it nicely, well done.

Hi Rob.
Works nicely for the theme of Metal, but the image appears to have had a tilt shift effect added, which made me initially think of Miniature.
It could have worked equally well for either. (y)

I like the rich tones in this one - nice DoF too. Excellent take for Metal

Nice focus, great colours, and you could re-use it this week (y)

Big update, still some to do but got the bulk of them done, just the ones im struggling with left now.

03-Minature, well it is narrow gauge.

2016-52-03-Minature
by treboraj20, on Flickr

04-Happy

2016-52-04-Happy
by treboraj20, on Flickr

05-Abandoned

2016-52-05-Abandoned
by treboraj20, on Flickr

07-Danger

2016-52-07-Danger
by treboraj20, on Flickr

09-The Living World, my neice took this one as she is helping out when she visits.

2016-52-09-The Living World
by treboraj20, on Flickr

11-Artificial

2016-52-11-Artificial
by treboraj20, on Flickr

12-Personal

2016-52-12-Personal
by treboraj20, on Flickr

13-Effort, a lot of effort getting up here.

2016-52-13-Effort
by treboraj20, on Flickr

Thats all for now, going to do my best to stay more up to date, but lots of diy at home is getting in the way of uploading.

• Miniature - How could anyone fail to like the ffestiniog?
    Nice sharp shot, but perhaps a little too central?
  • Happy - She certainly looks the part. Nice deep blues in the sky and shallow DoF. Can't get the link to flickr to work currently so I can't zoom in to check, but the focus feels a little forward (as if it's on her fair, not her face).
  • Abandoned - Nice old tower (is it a shot tower?). You've got the beginnings of a leading line to it with the path, but not enough to really draw it out. Was there more path you could have gotten in the foreground?
  • Danger - On theme and rail related. I feel I may get to like your thread :) Colours are good and whilst you've got a shallow DoF, there is still enough detail in the background to add extra interest.
  • Living World - Nicely sharp on the subject and (y) on the angle you've taken the shot from. I really like how the perspective makes the couple in the far distance seem like toys / models.
  • Effort - I presume is was quite an effort climbing to that vantage point? Quite harsh light, but still a vibrant shot.

Hi Rob. Well done with the catch-up.
Miniature: Like the steam up front.
Happy: Like the POV ... and the wonderful smile.
Abandoned: Is it a ventilation shaft? Looks Victorian.
Danger: Sharp and nice DoF
Living World: Super POV - love the inclusion of the walkers in the bg.
Artificial: Meets the theme.
Personal: Definitely themed - sharp too.
Effort: My fave of the set - beautiful landscape, lovely colours, nice composition.
:clap:

Thanks for the comments guys, the tower is part of an old mine just near my house.

Interesting stuff. (y)

The train looks real-ish but now we know it's not.! The chimney looks like it should be attached to a factory but it's all alone in the woods! The Danger sign is gritty. The daffodil awesome. The Effort landscape pretty incredible, FG's a nice touch.

Nice work. (y)

Both nicely themed Rob. I like the use of DoF in Spiky and the colour and bg are great. The effects of DoF are clear in the sharpness of the palisade prongs.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

great catch up lots of go pictures.
I particularly like your happy and Abandoned shots.

great catch up lots of good pictures, stand outs for me are the captive image, good idea and stance. Living World is a good image like the low down angle and its nice and sharp.

Back